Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Natural influence

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotions for Mon 5 Apr, 2021

Topic: Natural influence

Highlight:

Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them.
Proverbs 29:20 NIV

What an hopeless situation for someone who does not have a natural influence over their urge to speak. Natural influence is the process that cause changes on our natural resources. For example when it rains the weather is cool, the river flows and the temperature is calm while on the other hand, lack of rain causes draught and imbalance in nature. In life when anyone opens their mouth to speak, you know their level of temperament (the animal nature that affects their behavior). Our Lord Jesus said it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles and dishonors a man. Matthew 15:11. What does this mean? It means that all our words and deeds were first conceived in our heart before being done. Since the heart is the foundation of our words it is also influenced by nature. That's why we need to guide it with all diligence from things that pollutes, corrupts and dishonor. Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23. Jesus is the living water that gives supernatural spring in our heart. John 4:14

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11 The influence that produces genuine faith that God will approve as righteousness can only be found in His words (Holy Bible). In Joshua 1:8 God said, "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Joshua 1:8 ESV

Instead of blaming God under our trials, let us open our ears and hearts to learn what he teaches by his words. And if we would govern our tongues, we must govern our passions. If you have not yet surrender your life to Jesus Christ, you cannot attain illumination of the Spirit of God in the root of your heart. You need to totally surrender your life to Him now by genuine repentance from things that pollutes and retrieve back the image of righteousness by confessing that you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and then ask His Holy Spirit to illuminate you. We should engage God through prayer for our words to be profitable as it is only the Spirit of God can illuminate our life.

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;"
James 1:19 ESV

Prayer: Blessed Jesus, Holy and Righteous I worship you. Please illuminate my heart by your Spirit so that my speech and words will be profitable in Jesus name. Amen

Back