Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to this.. questions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

everest

I was wondering people’s view points on a certain topic. I’m mainly wanting to hear people of Christian Science’s viewpoint as I’ve been reading into it a bit lately. But any other advice is also good. I wondered what your acceptance was for people of the LGBT community just out of curiosity. I have been reading into Christian Science and other religious beliefs and can’t figure out their opinions on the matter. Also does anyone have any tips when it comes to prayer/healing? Thanks <3

I will give you the straight word of God on the issue of LGBT and you can take it from there.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Also read Leviticus 20:10-21 and Romans 1:18-32 as to what God has said about the unusual use of our bodies.

There are no tips on prayer and healing, but only what the word of God says and that we are in Christ and He in us through the Spiritual rebirth from above as we walk in newness of life indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

Prayer is very hard for some people as they do not know how to pray or they think there should be some grand format to follow to make a perfect prayer. Some are even afraid to even approach Jesus as they feel he is unreachable in their lives for the way they live, but Jesus will hear the prayers of anyone who has a sincere heart for the Lord no matter who they are and in all boldness and a humbled heart will come before His throne of grace.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Praying is humbling ourselves before the Lord and making a petition before him in simplicity of words for whatever our need is. Jesus, as our mediator, sits at the right hand of God making intercession for the saints of God as he presents our petitions before the Father. You do not need eloquent elaborate words or long prayers that use vain repetitions like the Pharisees used as God called them hypocrites because they were arrogant in their ways loving to have others see them in such formality who made the outside of themselves look good, but were nothing more than full of iniquity.​

Prayers consist of faith, consecration and commitment.​

God is against transgender and homosexuality. Documentation, leviticus 20:13. And first Corinthians 6:9. Those who practice these habitual lifestyle of sin will not inherit kingdom of God. Unless they repent and conform to God's standard. Its clear cut and dry.

If a person rejects the body they were given as defined by the chromosomes they possess (not how they feel today) then there is no place for them in heaven as those who are His are no longer in charge of their bodies. For those who follow Jesus, our bodies are no longer ours to do with as we please to satisfy the desires of the body as we choose. So for the man or woman who wants to be a part of God's family and live in God's place, we must surrender. That is, we are not in charge or the god of our lives anymore. He is. This includes what we would like to do with our bodies. They are no longer our own. So that community cannot belong to Him and that community at the same time. Who we are becomes HIS to name. What we do with our bodies becomes HIS to command.

I was wondering people’s view points on a certain topic. I’m mainly wanting to hear people of Christian Science’s viewpoint as I’ve been reading into it a bit lately. But any other advice is also good. I wondered what your acceptance was for people of the LGBT community just out of curiosity. I have been reading into Christian Science and other religious beliefs and can’t figure out their opinions on the matter. Also does anyone have any tips when it comes to prayer/healing? Thanks <3
They are people who cater to the "flesh", while God wants us to walk after the Spirit.
It isn't who or what you are that will matter on the day of judgement: it is what you do.

And welcome to the site !

The Christian Science religion is a cult.

Do I accept LGBTQetc. people? As fellow image-bearers of God for whom Jesus died, I do. But I despise and oppose their sinful, soul-destroying lifestyles, just as God does.

Tips for prayer and healing?

James 5:14-16 (NASB)
14 Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;
15 and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NASB)
2 Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few.

1 Peter 3:10-12 (NASB)
10 For, "The one who desires life, to love and see good days, must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.
11 "He must turn away from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.
12 "For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Psalm 66:18 (NASB)
18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear;

1 John 5:14 (NASB)
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Back