Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Newbie to Christian Forums!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LTorres84

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to start another chapter in my walk with God and Jesus! I was born and raised Christian, however, when I was about 18 I backslid quite a bit as some do. God never left my heart but my walk was far from strong. Anywho, here I am at 31 and for the past couple years I have been seeing this world in a different light! Everything around me shows me how awesome, powerful, loving, and amazing God actually is! It's hard to fathom just how amazing God is and the work he does for us.

I should have joined a forum a long time ago, but recent events have led me to become stronger in my faith and stronger in my studies. What events might you ask? To make it quick and to the point, my wife of nearly 6 years lied to me and told me she wasn't following the Jehova Witness Organization. Came out last year saying she was going back and I've been somewhat devastated since. Considering we have 2 small children ages 2 and 4, the conflict we will have worries me. Can someone point me in the right direction to maybe discuss this situation and maybe help me with strategies to try and plant some seeds into my wifes brain so to speak so make her realize she's on a destructive path?

Thank you! I can't wait to learn more :)

Hi and welcome Brother LTorres84 in the blessed name of Jesus. By not believing that Jesus is God, Jehovah Witnesses and their teachings is a disaster. I'll lie back for a bit and see if there is first hand knowledge among our membership in dealing with a problem like you're facing, and I will be in prayer. May God bless your time with us, and guide and lead your wife to truth.
:wave2

Hi. I'm glad you're here...hopefully, we can all learn from you (and you from some of our more seasoned Christians) and...well, I'm hoping somebody can help with the JW situation. I'll pray for you and your family, but I have 0 advice to offer (single, celibate, former homogay...marriage is --not-- my area of expertise, lol).

Thanks for sharing a lil about yourself+your situation. Welcome to CFnet! :)

Thank you! I'll have to admit that I've searched around a bit for others in my situation and there's not much to find lol I'll just have to let God guide me through the scriptures and try to find some concrete proof and try to make it stick to her like glue :)

Welcome to CFnet! You give hope to this dad of a 20 year old son who seems to have set aside the faith that has always filled our home. He'll deny it, but this dad can see the where he plies his time. All glory to God in reigniting your faith.

I have much more time invested in researching the Mormon cult than the JW's, but they do have some things in common. I'm glad you joined! :)

Welcome to CFnet! You give hope to this dad of a 20 year old son who seems to have set aside the faith that has always filled our home. He'll deny it, but this dad can see the where he plies his time. All glory to God in reigniting your faith.

I have much more time invested in researching the Mormon cult than the JW's, but they do have some things in common. I'm glad you joined! :)
It did take me a while to TRULY find my feet and to be honest this situation of mine is somewhat of a blessing!! It's almost as if God is challenging me and boy am I up for it!

Although I didn't actually LOSE my faith as you say your son has, I have no doubt that he will return to the Lord in due time! Have faith in THIS. I will pray for your son and for you to stay strong during this time my friend!

Dear Brother @LTorres84, I rejoice at your determination, and these following facts may help you find a starting place.

Jehovah Witnesses in their New World Translation take the following KJV scripture in Joh 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Jesus), and have written it as “the Word was a god.”

BUT:

Philippians 2:6 "Who (Jesus), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God." Here Jesus claimed being equal with God the Father.

Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness (John the Baptist) Matthew 3:3), Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jesus is Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I (Jesus), am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour."

Acts 4:11-12 This is the stone (Jesus) which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 43:14 Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah), your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
Isaiah 43:15 I (Jesus) am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Jehovah Witnesses in their New World Translation take the following KJV scripture in Joh 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Jesus), and have written it as “the Word was a god.”
True that! The NWT has small tweaks, but they are sniper-like in what they changed. This was a perfect example. So few words, but it changes everything. I know they reject the concept of hell, too. Just like the Mormons which was established around the same time, this cult was built upon the testimony of one person. Crazy, right?

Hello LTorres84. Its great to see you here at CFnet to further deepen your journey with Christ.
Hopefully I shall have the opportunity to converse with you within threads around the forums.

Hello my new friend @LTorres84. I welcome you, with the other folk, to CF.net. Hopefully someone who has been delivered from the JW cult will come to your aid. I have had quite a few conversations with JW followers and although there is much to disagree with their doctrines, I have found one thing that they cannot come back with an answer.

It concerns the Blood of Jesus the Son of God. I challenged two JW women who came to my door to bring back an Elder and I would prove him wrong. They did, and Jonathan appeared....I didn't waste any time with chit chat beyond a greeting.

I asked Jonathan how their sin's were forgiven. He replied, the blood of Jesus. I then asked him, "was Jesus the perfect Son of God, was He God the Son." Jonathan said no. I asked him who Jesus was. He said a creation of God. I asked him if that created Jesus was perfect, he said no. I asked him if the sacrifices in the Old Testament were perfect and he said no.

You have to understand that there was a lot of dialogue between both of us and I'm cutting it short. I explained that in order for our sins to be forgiven, that the sacrifice that Jehovah would except had to be a perfect sacrifice. Otherwise it wouldn't satisfy God because the OT sacrifices just pointed forward to a perfect sacrifice once and for all.

Reluctantly, he agreed. We talked about Jesus' Mother Mary and how she became pregnant thru the Holy Spirit. That Baby Jesus came from God Himself. The Blood in His veins came from God, not man. I gave him a copy of the book "Chemistry of the Blood" by Dr. DeHaan. He said that he'd read it.

I wrapped it up by telling him that in order for his sins to be forgiven, the Blood had to be perfect Blood and the only thing perfect is God Almighty. Therefore, Jesus was perfect, and so was His Blood. Jesus, therefore must have been a part of Jehovah. He was the Son of Jehovah, a part of Himself.

He didn't change anything that I know of, but if he read that book, along with comparing it with Scripture, I believe the Holy Spirit would have convicted him....When confronting a Jehovah's Witness
. The Blood sacrifice is the most powerful topic to use.

Hello my new friend @LTorres84. I welcome you, with the other folk, to CF.net. Hopefully someone who has been delivered from the JW cult will come to your aid. I have had quite a few conversations with JW followers and although there is much to disagree with their doctrines, I have found one thing that they cannot come back with an answer.

It concerns the Blood of Jesus the Son of God. I challenged two JW women who came to my door to bring back an Elder and I would prove him wrong. They did, and Jonathan appeared....I didn't waste any time with chit chat beyond a greeting.

I asked Jonathan how their sin's were forgiven. He replied, the blood of Jesus. I then asked him, "was Jesus the perfect Son of God, was He God the Son." Jonathan said no. I asked him who Jesus was. He said a creation of God. I asked him if that created Jesus was perfect, he said no. I asked him if the sacrifices in the Old Testament were perfect and he said no.

You have to understand that there was a lot of dialogue between both of us and I'm cutting it short. I explained that in order for our sins to be forgiven, that the sacrifice that Jehovah would except had to be a perfect sacrifice. Otherwise it wouldn't satisfy God because the OT sacrifices just pointed forward to a perfect sacrifice once and for all.

Reluctantly, he agreed. We talked about Jesus' Mother Mary and how she became pregnant thru the Holy Spirit. That Baby Jesus came from God Himself. The Blood in His veins came from God, not man. I gave him a copy of the book "Chemistry of the Blood" by Dr. DeHaan. He said that he'd read it.

I wrapped it up by telling him that in order for his sins to be forgiven, the Blood had to be perfect Blood and the only thing perfect is God Almighty. Therefore, Jesus was perfect, and so was His Blood. Jesus, therefore must have been a part of Jehovah. He was the Son of Jehovah, a part of Himself.

He didn't change anything that I know of, but if he read that book, along with comparing it with Scripture, I believe the Holy Spirit would have convicted him....When confronting a Jehovah's Witness
. The Blood sacrifice is the most powerful topic to use.
Thank you very much for your response!! I will take this into consideration and If you don't mind, if need be, can I private message you and maybe get some more details of what you say/said to them? I'm just trying to make sure I hit the nail on the head haha

Thank you again everyone for the warm welcome :)

Back