Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No cure for severe mental illness?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think it’s a social thing. Back when state hospitals band private long term hospitals were common it seems that at least some people moved on. I read a study…the most well adjusted former state hospital patients often minimized or completely tapered off tranquilizers eventually. The group that did the worst long term had the highest overall tranquilizer intake. So…

Cancer can be cured although the trend seems to be towards monitoring even in remission. I suppose one could say that’s similar to severe mental illness but…

Doctors don’t say oh he is lung cancer. And treatment is designed to destroy cancer which shows up on scans and lab work. Tranquilizers tend to cause brain damage over the long term. The newer drugs are less brain damaging and more likely to cause metabolic problems. But…

Treatment.never.ends

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ frustrating obviously. I have a better quality of life than most so called mental patients but I think I that’s part of why I’m such an outcast and why I suspect the whole psych industry is ridiculous. A family doctor could prescribe medication for me but the newer family doctors want to refer to shrinks. The talk is helpful except for the part where I have to deal with snarky receptionists and the whole thing…

Blah 😑 truth? Even if I was declared cured no one would hire me anyway.

Thoughts?

I think it’s a social thing. Back when state hospitals band private long term hospitals were common it seems that at least some people moved on. I read a study…the most well adjusted former state hospital patients often minimized or completely tapered off tranquilizers eventually. The group that did the worst long term had the highest overall tranquilizer intake. So…

Cancer can be cured although the trend seems to be towards monitoring even in remission. I suppose one could say that’s similar to severe mental illness but…

Doctors don’t say oh he is lung cancer. And treatment is designed to destroy cancer which shows up on scans and lab work. Tranquilizers tend to cause brain damage over the long term. The newer drugs are less brain damaging and more likely to cause metabolic problems. But…

Treatment.never.ends

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ frustrating obviously. I have a better quality of life than most so called mental patients but I think I that’s part of why I’m such an outcast and why I suspect the whole psych industry is ridiculous. A family doctor could prescribe medication for me but the newer family doctors want to refer to shrinks. The talk is helpful except for the part where I have to deal with snarky receptionists and the whole thing…

Thoughts?
Cancer isn't cured but put into remission.

My dad had polyps in his gut .irc it was cancer and they remove them then and there .he had to have an endo more frequently because of it .

Some cancers are cured by removing the organ my wife had 4 types of ovarian cancer .they removed the ovaries .once it metatized it can't be treated .

Problem is the pharmaceutical industry wants to stay profitable, so they're not looking for cures. Headache drugs and cough syrup only alleviates the illness, doesn't stop or prevent it. So.. while it's unclear if there is a cure for certain, extreme mental illnesses it's another wonder if they want to cure them.

Problem is the pharmaceutical industry wants to stay profitable, so they're not looking for cures.

My good friend has been making all natural theropy products for years, just pure and natural products, and shes licenced to do it. Suddenly the other week there was a news article where scientists said they discovered there were health benifits in a specific plant, yet she had been using that specific native plant for years in her products extracting the goodness out of it and giving thanks, she already knew the benifits, its in indiginous and first nations peoples culture. Natural harvest and theropy and medicine for 1000s for years passed down through the generations.

A new bill seeks to provide for the regulation of therapeutic products. The bill would repeal most provisions of the Medicines Act, except those relating to pharmacy ownership.

Last edited:
I think it’s a social thing.

I think it's a demonic thing. Back of the psycho-pharmaceutical and psychiatric industries is a God-denying and ultimately Satanic worldview. As societies turn away from God, they are being brought ever more fully under the power of the Evil One which is characterized by the death of things like truth, personal responsibility, moral absolutes, charity, and justice that are replaced by victim-culture, normalization of perversion and delusion, oppression of the weak and vulnerable (euthanasia, child sex-slavery, pedophilia, caricaturization of women, etc.), and widespread violence, despair and pathological anxiety. As such societies collapse, the inevitable pain of the process is blunted with Lorazipam, and Paxil, and pot, and a myriad noisy distractions.

See: antineoplastons and Dr. Burzynski.

Treatment.never.ends

It's not supposed to. There's more money to be made keeping folks in need of drugs and therapy. True psychiatric/spiritual healing can found in God, however. No drugs or therapist required.

God's not limited by your expectations.

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

Sorceries.

Original Word: φαρμακεία, ας, ἡ
Transliteration: pharmakeia
Definition: the use of medicine, drugs.

Last edited:
So much of it is slavery especially when also dealing with poverty and or lower status limited resources etc. the friendly outpatient shrink gives way to the cruel hospital shrink gives way to brain damage stigma and entrapment…

At least that was my experience pre conversion. Now? Now it’s more like I don’t hear voices now and I apparently have a high IQ estimate and I’m healthy and…

I suppose predictably I’m now labeled with severe mental illness. That’s the new category that covers severe bipolar schizoaffective and schizophrenia all in one. It’s funny how a broad category can sound precise and scientific when really it’s anything but.

My life is stable because of His grace and mercy and my parents. Apparently that means on the one hand that so called treatment is effective but also means that I’m in need of commitment or going off to a group home because I’m something of an outcast and my so called recovery does not sit well with some vocal people and…

Ugh 😑 my own life is good peaceful and quiet. I would not be living here with a good relationship with Jesus and my parents if it was up to many of these so called professionals. What does that tell you?

Type two is but not one
It can be "reversed" or "put into remission", but it never actually goes away. You need to hold to a strict diet and exercise routine or the blood sugar issues come right back.
A lot of people do think it's entirely curable for some reason though

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

Sorceries.

I mean, by that logic taking medication for any disease is evil, including things like cancer

It can be "reversed" or "put into remission", but it never actually goes away. You need to hold to a strict diet and exercise routine or the blood sugar issues come right back.
A lot of people do think it's entirely curable for some reason though
The pancrease doesn't work at all in type one,type 2 is a diet problem .loose weight and it goes away
Type one as I know lady who passed that had it was exercising and was eating right and it made no difference.

She had a insulin pump .

The pancrease doesn't work at all in type one,type 2 is a diet problem .loose weight and it goes away
Type one as I know lady who passed that had it was exercising and was eating right and it made no difference.

She had a insulin pump .
It doesn't go away with losing weight. Type 2 is when your cells become insulin resistant. Weight and diet is a major contributing factor, but once you have it it's for life.

edit: Google says it's possible to put diabetes into remission - meaning you maintain an A1C of 6 or lower - and that losing weight makes this more possible. But that's not the same as being cured.

Last edited:
Re: mental illness
Some of it is "curable" in that it goes away in time. Depression and anxiety, the most common mental illnesses, are often reactionary rather than a set-in-stone disorder you were born with. Other disorders are more chronic/life-long. It just depends really. Depression and anxiety can be lifelong as well, but in many cases it's just a response to adverse circumstances.
My anxiety seems to be the chronic kind. I can't go off my meds or it returns.

It doesn't go away with losing weight. Type 2 is when your cells become insulin resistant. Weight and diet is a major contributing factor, but once you have it it's for life.

edit: Google says it's possible to put diabetes into remission - meaning you maintain an A1C of 6 or lower - and that losing weight makes this more possible. But that's not the same as being cured.
Understood

I knew a dude who ended up in a diabetic coma because of zyprexa….

I think he’s had to take the diabetes medication ever since even after dropping zyprexa.

The talk is helpful except for the part where I have to deal with snarky receptionists and the whole thing…
Ah yes.

The snarky receptionists job (in some offices).
Make comments:
To run your blood pressure up
Put you in an agitated state, so the doctor cal write that down.

Be so aware of the plot against you.
Be so well adjusted the receptionist has an inner anguish. Don’t be antagonistic to them or they will report that to the doctor.

Respect the doctor so much they will become the patient.

My wife and I shared our stories about doctor visits, and finally arrived at the conclusion about what was happening.

Do not take a pill to be calm for the visit. Be alert and supernaturally able to handle what goes on. A few shoulder shrugs will probably help.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I mean, by that logic taking medication for any disease is evil, including things like cancer

But that's not what it means. There is nothing wrong with medication in general itself.

Science and medicine has done great things to help people. Medication has saved alot of lives and alot of people also need there meds.

That scripture does not have anything to do with medicine in general.

Last edited:

Treatment.never.ends

Thoughts?

Go in business for yourself. I was thinking perhaps cutting grass for myself. All I would need to start is a flat mower trailer and a ride em lawnmower, a couple of weed wackers and some customers. Later on get a 2nd mower and a sidekick.

Grass cutters charge a fortune nowadays! And it's always cash payments. And for wintertime? A used hydraulic snow plow for my truck might be 1500 or two grand. That's not that much really.

Sorceries.

...and those deceived were told, you sick boy, you need some pills! A pill makes the symptom go away so the person believes it. That's all people talk about anymore.

Woe is me! I got this, I got that, it hurts.

Not that it doesn't really hurt because belief is a powerful thing. But when one talks about how sick they are all the time then they talk themselves into believing it and have problems with it.

Scripture says the power of life and death is in the tongue, so I talk to my body and tell it to be healthy. I command the spirit of infirmity and the spirit of pain to leave. Maybe it sounds kooky but I can't remember the last time I was sick. I'm healthy though I have some back damage from an auto accident. But kooky or not, it's a better bet than saying, oh I feel so bad today, woe is me.

Pills and even the entire medical industry only treats the symptoms. Start speaking to the cause of the problem, in Jesus name of course.

Back