Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Not sick but human

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not to be too emo but….

I don’t think I am permanently and forever sick with some mental affliction. Is anyone? I dunno. Thing is…

I am human and often lonely and also a pariah. My situation is vastly improved vs what came before and I got think much better than many other labeled human beings but…

No one to talk to. My parents are kind and all but is it because they think it’s therapeutic or is it genuine interaction? They’re good people that’s not the issue it’s…

I am provided with what I need and a bit extra. Jesus Christ is merciful and my parents are amazing. I am not looking for deep emo stuff just something reasonably meaningful in terms of social interaction and….

Where? With whom? My older church lady friend lost interest once my true genuine recovery and change in Jesus Christ really got underway. Ok ✅ truth? Not a friend anyway and that’s actually ok. Pity or compassion or who knows? Thing is…

Now I apparently have a high iq. Crazy right? Schizophrenic to the extent that my long suffering parents are able and willing to provide and reconcile….

And now I have a 145 or 150 iq. Fun fact I had a 120 pre everything and a 95 before the 2nd and final hospitalization in which I was given the works. Ugh. So….

Jesus Christ is Good and my parents are amazing and I just want a friend or friendly acquaintance and….

? Loneliness is rampant in modern society. Lean on Him….

I am not sure where to go here.

True story:
My wife had an alcoholic brother in law. He finally wound up in reality therapy out of state. When he went through the reality therapy , and maybe 12 step (?), he became a phone counselor. I had no idea of the number of people he helped. My wife said his funeral was the largest she had ever been to. This was a industrial counter salesman. No special person In one sense. But many states away they came to testify of the help he gave to help people stay sober.
I have never read a book on reality therapy, but I try to tell it like it is. Compassion is needed and he must have been a master.
He related that at meetings every new member told they did not need to be in AA, and had a wonderful life. Then the leader took out records of every DUI, legal issue, work problem inter view, family member view of them. They absolutely devastated the new person. Then set about establishing a relationship with God and a network of contacts to help when they were weak.
What you do is pretty close to this now. The use of private messaging might be your true calling,

But then what could a Mississippi redneck know?

If a man would have friends, he must first make himself friendly.
Praying

eddif

Back