Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nothing Compares To His Glorious Riches

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

“Nothing Compares To His Glorious Riches”
Philippians 4:19 NLT
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Several days ago I posted this passage on social media and I got a very intriguing comment from a family member which read, “Have you ever stopped and pondered what those riches really are? It is mind boggling.” I was so appreciative not only for this comment, but for the reminder it gave me of how very blessed we are from what God gives to us.

If we are brutally honest with ourselves, we would have to admit that we really do long for the riches of this world in one way or another. We all fall victim to jealousy and coveting something someone else has. I have fallen victim to this all through my years of living and continue to struggle. I think we would all have to admit that we have struggled throughout our lives with this fact. It is so easy to get stuck in the mindset of achieving earthly riches.

I do want to make it very clear that it is not wrong to have earthly things, but when we focus on them way more than God Himself Who is the giver of all good things, then we have problems. It is so easy to focus on the riches of this world instead of the glorious riches God has for us.

Think about what Paul is saying here. Do we really understand and grasp what we have in Jesus? I know we talk about this a lot in church and share the various passages of what He has given to us, but do we take time to ponder what those riches really are? Just as my family member said, it is truly mind boggling. His glorious riches are NOTHING compared to what the world gives us. However, it is so easy for us to get caught up in the moments when something new comes out that we want. It’s easy to think that the next big thing is what we need to be happy and satisfied in life.

I know that I need to take more time to really ponder what His glorious riches are and how blessed I have been throughout my years of walking with Christ. His riches are nothing compared to what the world offers. They are never as satisfying or rewarding. As much as I find myself longing for the riches of this world so often, I am also reminded so often that the fulfillment is temporary and will never satisfy as what He gives me. He never fails to remind me of this in some way.

The world’s riches cannot and will not ever compare to the glorious riches in Jesus!

Reactions: JLB
To have access into Heavens throne room, to know peace with God because God the Son Loves me enough to die in my place is mind blowing.

“Nothing Compares To His Glorious Riches”
Philippians 4:19 NLT
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Several days ago I posted this passage on social media and I got a very intriguing comment from a family member which read, “Have you ever stopped and pondered what those riches really are? It is mind boggling.” I was so appreciative not only for this comment, but for the reminder it gave me of how very blessed we are from what God gives to us.

If we are brutally honest with ourselves, we would have to admit that we really do long for the riches of this world in one way or another. We all fall victim to jealousy and coveting something someone else has. I have fallen victim to this all through my years of living and continue to struggle. I think we would all have to admit that we have struggled throughout our lives with this fact. It is so easy to get stuck in the mindset of achieving earthly riches.

I do want to make it very clear that it is not wrong to have earthly things, but when we focus on them way more than God Himself Who is the giver of all good things, then we have problems. It is so easy to focus on the riches of this world instead of the glorious riches God has for us.

Think about what Paul is saying here. Do we really understand and grasp what we have in Jesus? I know we talk about this a lot in church and share the various passages of what He has given to us, but do we take time to ponder what those riches really are? Just as my family member said, it is truly mind boggling. His glorious riches are NOTHING compared to what the world gives us. However, it is so easy for us to get caught up in the moments when something new comes out that we want. It’s easy to think that the next big thing is what we need to be happy and satisfied in life.

I know that I need to take more time to really ponder what His glorious riches are and how blessed I have been throughout my years of walking with Christ. His riches are nothing compared to what the world offers. They are never as satisfying or rewarding. As much as I find myself longing for the riches of this world so often, I am also reminded so often that the fulfillment is temporary and will never satisfy as what He gives me. He never fails to remind me of this in some way.

The world’s riches cannot and will not ever compare to the glorious riches in Jesus!

Great word!

Amen. Thanks for sharing.

JLB

Back