Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obsession with end times

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Phillip

I realize people like to speculate about the end times. We can see prophecy being fulfilled and the end drawing closer. But we don't really know how long we have no matter how much people say "the end is here!" We must assume we still have a lot of time left and not grow too obsessed with when our Lord will return but patiently wait on His timing.

I am totally obsessed with end time prophecy and sharing it with others. Many of us who study end time prophecy want to know those things of what Jesus spoke of to His disciples on the Mt of Olives in Matthew 24 of those things we need to watch and be prepared for before He returns. Of course no one knows the day or the hour, but Jesus gave us clear instructions of what to look for and to be prepared when those events happen so we are not over taken like a thief in the night.

I watch and wait for the glorious return of our Lord as it could be today, tomorrow or even years from now, but I also want to know what to expect before He returns.

for_his_glory, I'm with you. My only thing is false prophets who claim "the end is here" and you must follow me to be saved. Many cult leaders do just that. Many have claimed they're Jesus or Christ and predicted the date of the world's demise. But it turns out, the rumors of the world's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

"And he said, See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he!' and, 'The time is at hand!' Do not go after them."—Luke 21:8

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

The Coming of the Son of Man
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Don't think Jesus could have made it any clearer.

The Coming of the Son of Man
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Don't think Jesus could have made it any clearer

You are right, showing how pointless all the speculation and guessing about the second coming is.
When we see what those verse directive happening Jesus will be here, he will be walking up the drive so to speak.

Everything in those verses happens quickly.

What Jesus expects is that we will still be faithfully serving him, like in the parable of the faithful steward.

not to psychoanalyze, but i think its also a sort of escape, at times...
The fantasy helps with motivation. Reminds me of my mother "we gotta get this house spotless. Your aunt is visiting is soon.". We all got caught up in the panic and firmly believed if our aunt discovered a dirty mark , we were in BIG trouble. My aunt was a nun.

Many cult leaders do just that. Many have claimed they're Jesus or Christ and predicted the date of the world's demise. But it turns out, the rumors of the world's demise have been greatly exaggerated
Exactly. Scare campaigns work on some people. It turns me off.

Moral to the story...don't give actual dates...
" The world will end on Feb 14. 2021".
Otherwise you will risk having serious egg on your face.

what comes to mind lol "don't be to heavenly minded that your no earthly good". Now since its a expression from man.. then Heavenly minded is where I live. For on earth as it is in heaven. Never been "obsessed" with endtimes. Those that study it... so humbled by them. To hear what the lord has shown them.. so blessed. End times.. the book of Daniel was sealed only open now. I believe we are in the last hour. I

Greeting
First I like to say I love You
images (20).jpg
The Lord gave the Hebrew biblical calendar. our calendar is the Gregorian calendar introduced in October 1582 by Pope Gregory Xlll as a minor modification of the Julian calendar.
The Hebrew biblical calendar gives time, dates, and years, by Generations, for instance, a Generation is for 40 years to 100 years.
The first Generation was from Adam to Noah, that was the first thousand years, so from Noah to Abram then the Lord changes his name to Abraham. Now you can determine when did the Lord giving records events that took place for a calendar.
Now, how many Generations, and in which century. :confused

Matthew said, No one knows the day or the hour. :coffee
What is a day with the Lord, or what in an hour with the Lord? A MYSTERY :poke
But I could say it this way, No one knows the time of that day
the hour and day is a riddle, I can look for a time, of an event, or a day of an event, the hour it was like Christ at the cross.
Generations, events like the first Sabbath day of the Hebrew calendar, how many centuries and so no.
Christ gave a hint to the first Generations, from Israel to the last Generations from Israel.
Now I need to count the years of individuals with Generations, from Adam to Noah, to Moses, to Abraham, to Christ.
All the feast that took place leading to Christ's return. :popcorn
This gives as roughly, an hour is a time, space a day is an event, how many Generations roughly 40 t0 a 100 years and so on. :screwloose2
All is mathematical, geometry, and so on. :salute
Time and Space and so on. :pepsican
I love MYSTERY, Christ's has a great love for us, and he has humor
imagesCA2ZLDT6.jpg

Exodus 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

God established the Lunar Calendar with Moses. This one is one I used to trace the birth of Christ so ignore that part about John the Baptist as that is another topic.

Jewish month

Begins the
New moon of

John the Baptist

Jesus

1. Abib / Nisan

March-April​

Birth of John
15 Nisan​

4​

2. Zif / Iyyar

April-May​

5​

3. Sivan

May-June​

Conception of John
after 3rd Sabbath​

6​

4. Tammuz

June-July​

1​

7​

5. Ab / Av

July-August​

2​

8​

6. Elul

August-September​

3​

9​

7. Ethanim / Tishri

September-October​

4​

Birth of Jesus
15 Tishri​

8. Bul / Marheshvan / Heshvan

October-November​

5​

9. Chisleu / Chislev / Kislev

November-December​

6​

Conception of Jesus
25 Kislev?​

10. Tebeth / Tevet

December-January​

7​

1​

11. Shebat / Shevat

January-February​

8​

2​

12. Adar

February-March​

9​

3​

I am totally obsessed with end time prophecy

for_his_glory
Not me.
The end times have been coming since Paul's time.
The end times will take care of themselves with God's help. It has so far without my help or worry.
Scripture says several places to be prepared for we have no idea when Christ will return.

It's almost too simple. If we just do what God says all things take care of themselves, and we have nothing to worry about, Philippians 4: 6-7 "Be anxious for nothing....!"
The more I read scripture, the more it continually validates itself and God's true nature and wisdom!

My name is Seasoned by Grace

for_his_glory
Not me.
The end times have been coming since Paul's time.
The end times will take care of themselves with God's help. It has so far without my help or worry.
Scripture says several places to be prepared for we have no idea when Christ will return.

It's almost too simple. If we just do what God says all things take care of themselves, and we have nothing to worry about, Philippians 4: 6-7 "Be anxious for nothing....!"
The more I read scripture, the more it continually validates itself and God's true nature and wisdom!

My name is Seasoned by Grace
I see it as being a watchman so that we need not be deceived by the lying signs and wonders that will take place that could deceive even the very elect of God if possible. I embrace that which Christ has warned us about that must come first before His return so I am not taken as a thief in the night. Many do not think we will be here during the seven trumpets of God's great wrath being poured out into the world, but I give warning to not to believe the lies of the devil as many will fall away when this comes to be.

I'm also obssesed with the end times I do want it but part of me is also worried when it will come. Were not ready.

Back