Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Omniscience

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

netchaplain

To me, the “elect of God” (Mat 24:24: Rom 8:33; Col 3:12; Tit 1:1) are those whom God knows are going to “choose life” (Deu 30:19) and receive the Lord Jesus; and this before the “foundation of the world” (Eph 1:4), even from the eternal past. He chose us before we chose Him, because He foreknew of our receiving Christ into our lives (Jhn 1:12).

Therefore, those whom He foreknew would choose Him, He “predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will” (Eph 1:5, 11). These are those whom He “called,” “justified,” and “glorified” (Rom 8:30).

My perspective is that mankind was called to salvation when God sent His Son, but He knew only “few” would choose to believe in Him” (Mat 7:13, 14), and that it would be worth it (Luk 15:7). Remember, God is not a “respecter of persons” (Acts 10:34; Mat 22:16; Luk 20:21; Rom 2:11; Gal 2:6; Eph 6:9; Col 3:25; 1Pe 1:17), thus the answer that God chooses whom He will and will not save is absent of Scriptural support!

God, Omniscience and the Salvation of men
If his knowledge did depend upon the things, then the existence of things did precede God's knowledge of them: to say that they are the cause of God's knowledge, is to say that God was not the cause of their being; and if he did create them, it was effected by a blind and ignorant power; he created he knew not what, till he had produced it. Stephen Charnock The Existence and Attributes of God
Job 21:22 “Can anyone teach God knowledge, Seeing that He judges those on high? Apparently, many Christians believe they are teachers of God for God has to look to them to learn whom He will save.
Isaiah 40:13 Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord, Or has taught Him as His counselor? 14 With whom did He consult and who enlightened Him? Who taught Him the path of justice and taught Him knowledge And informed Him of the way of understanding? The answer to this question for many Christians is "I directed the Spirit of the Lord for from me he learned of my faith and this council directed Him to adopt me as his child.

God is eternal, he does not change. In eternity past God could not look at NOTHING, which is what we were, and determine from NOTHING what NOTHING would do. This is irrational. Nothing comes from nothing (Greek: οὐδὲν ἐξ οὐδενός; Latin: ex nihilo nihil fit)

Omniscience depends on immutability. All would be chaos without it, and nature would be unintelligible for if knowledge changes as “free will” portends, then God must change His plan accordingly.

I could go on ...

God, Omniscience and the Salvation of men
If his knowledge did depend upon the things, then the existence of things did precede God's knowledge of them: to say that they are the cause of God's knowledge, is to say that God was not the cause of their being; and if he did create them, it was effected by a blind and ignorant power; he created he knew not what, till he had produced it. Stephen Charnock The Existence and Attributes of God
Job 21:22 “Can anyone teach God knowledge, Seeing that He judges those on high? Apparently, many Christians believe they are teachers of God for God has to look to them to learn whom He will save.
Isaiah 40:13 Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord, Or has taught Him as His counselor? 14 With whom did He consult and who enlightened Him? Who taught Him the path of justice and taught Him knowledge And informed Him of the way of understanding? The answer to this question for many Christians is "I directed the Spirit of the Lord for from me he learned of my faith and this council directed Him to adopt me as his child.

God is eternal, he does not change. In eternity past God could not look at NOTHING, which is what we were, and determine from NOTHING what NOTHING would do. This is irrational. Nothing comes from nothing (Greek: οὐδὲν ἐξ οὐδενός; Latin: ex nihilo nihil fit)

Omniscience depends on immutability. All would be chaos without it, and nature would be unintelligible for if knowledge changes as “free will” portends, then God must change His plan accordingly.

I could go on ...
Hi, and appreciate your reply! Not sure I understand the first sentence by Charnock, but it's my understanding that God's knowledge of everything prior to creating has always been antecedent to creating them, because He has always foreknown all that would occur in this life before its creation. Could we be discussing different issues or is my comment about the same subject as yours? Thanks again and God bless.

Could we be discussing different issues or is my comment about the same subject as yours?
Hmmm ... I think you may be right. Perhaps we are talking about different issues.
The thread is titled: Omniscience. I was addressing the source of God knowledge.

Rather than trying to unravel this, just ignore me. LOL

God bless you too (but He already has). :)

Hmmm ... I think you may be right. Perhaps we are talking about different issues.
The thread is titled: Omniscience. I was addressing the source of God knowledge.

Rather than trying to unravel this, just ignore me. LOL

God bless you too (but He already has). :)
Your fine, and thanks for the encouraging reply!

Back