Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Our Adventure Yesterday Coming Home From My Mom's House

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't think it literally means to kill snakes and scorpions. If it does, I need to question my remaining a Christian as that is definitely one thing I will not abide by!

Question remaining a Christian, over snakes?

:thud

JLB

Question remaining a Christian, over snakes?

:thud

JLB

One must stick to his convictions, no? I am a fan of reptiles, all reptiles. I don't pick and choose which reptile deserves to live over another. They are all equally deserving of life. I will not kill snakes.

If God says to kill snakes then I am not sure that is a God I want to follow. For those who may not be fans of snakes, you will not understand. However, how would you feel if in the Bible it said, Behold, I give you the authority to trample on dogs or cats or insert whatever animal you enjoy having around?

I don't think it literally means to kill snakes and scorpions. If it does, I need to question my remaining a Christian as that is definitely one thing I will not abide by!
I would take that verse as in self or others defense Isilwen
I am sure we are not expected to allow them to kill or badly injure us.
Not many people would know how to handle snakes in the way that you do
We are all different and have different opinions.
I would not be able to do what you did. I strongly dislike snake, at the same time I would not enjoy seeing one suffer. I would be unable to help it though.

I would take that verse as in self or others defense

I can agree with that.

I am sure we are not expected to allow them to kill or badly injure us.

Probably not, but I also do not take that to mean every snake that you see gets killed, to go out of one's way, to as one poster put it, run it over.

Not many people would know how to handle snakes in the way that you do

I fully believe that if one is exposed to them early on, that fear is no longer there. My own kids have been exposed to snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, tarantulas from an early age and they have an interest in them. They are learning how to handle them. They are learning not to just take the life of a snake because it's a snake.

We are all different and have different opinions.

I get that, I really do, but maybe the words I would just run one over shouldn't be written down in the thread of someone whose opinion is that all snakes should live and actually did what he could to save the babies of a dying snake.

I can agree with that.

Probably not, but I also do not take that to mean every snake that you see gets killed, to go out of one's way, to as one poster put it, run it over.

I fully believe that if one is exposed to them early on, that fear is no longer there. My own kids have been exposed to snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, tarantulas from an early age and they have an interest in them. They are learning how to handle them. They are learning not to just take the life of a snake because it's a snake.

I get that, I really do, but maybe the words I would just run one over shouldn't be written down in the thread of someone whose opinion is that all snakes should live and actually did what he could to save the babies of a dying snake.
I do get what you are saying, and I understand how you feel. The person you are referring to eas being very honest. If course you are entitled to disagree.
Who is tight it wrong, who knows? We all post what is in our hearts with respect for other posters
So don't let it worry you. Ee are all just posting the truth that is in our heart.

One must stick to his convictions, no? I am a fan of reptiles, all reptiles. I don't pick and choose which reptile deserves to live over another. They are all equally deserving of life. I will not kill snakes.

If God says to kill snakes then I am not sure that is a God I want to follow. For those who may not be fans of snakes, you will not understand. However, how would you feel if in the Bible it said, Behold, I give you the authority to trample on dogs or cats or insert whatever animal you enjoy having around?
God authorizes killing for self defense or capital punishment for crimes against humanity only - iow to save lives only - God bless you

I can understand someone killing it in their own home, but for me deliberately killing one in the wild is a different story.

I most certainly would do that and have with a scorpion.

Thank you! I am only up as I am staying to worry about my surgery tomorrow. My mind is racing, etc. Bless you as well!

I kill snakes and scorpions, in and out of my home. Doesn't matter to me.

I get the scorpion wake up call fairly regular during the summer nights. After I am stung, I don't look for them to release them.

Praying your surgery goes well.

Quantrill

I kill snakes and scorpions, in and out of my home. Doesn't matter to me.

I get the scorpion wake up call fairly regular during the summer nights. After I am stung, I don't look for them to release them.

Praying your surgery goes well.

Quantrill

If it is in your home and stung you, then fine, kill away. I have moved a scorpion out of my home as it never got close to stinging me.

My problem is your comment that you just run them over. If they aren't bothering you and they are miles from your home, why run them over? That is cruelty as far as I am concerned!

If it is in your home and stung you, then fine, kill away. I have moved a scorpion out of my home as it never got close to stinging me.

My problem is your comment that you just run them over. If they aren't bothering you and they are miles from your home, why run them over? That is cruelty as far as I am concerned!

I do. I kill away.

The scorpion outside your home can be in your home tonight. The cottonmouth you let live, can bite an unsuspecting child tomorrow. Doesn't matter if it is inside or outside your home.

Because they are venomous they are bothering me. I've never let a cottonmouth live if I can help it.

If someone is bit by the cottonmouth that you let live...is that abuse?

Quantrill

I do. I kill away.

The scorpion outside your home can be in your home tonight. The cottonmouth you let live, can bite an unsuspecting child tomorrow. Doesn't matter if it is inside or outside your home.

Because they are venomous they are bothering me. I've never let a cottonmouth live if I can help it.

If someone is bit by the cottonmouth that you let live...is that abuse?

Quantrill
So are you going to go out and search them out and kill them because you never know they might find their way to your home, wow!!!

I saw a red racer (snake) once while I was driving on the track and thought it was so beautiful that I put it in reverse and went back to watch it for a while.
They eat the plentiful rattlesnakes here abouts, so are the "good guys".

Thank you!
scripture also says God is love and anyone who doesn't love doesn't know God

how do we know what God's truth is? - it has to contain God's love and all truth has to be spoken in love - if someone thinks they have truth but are unable to express it in love they are probably not someone we should listen to - they do not have a deep enough relationship with God to speak for Him

religion is often hateful and divisive because it focuses on doctrines that come from man's understanding of God - a constant close relationship with God and reading His word WITH Him aka quiet devotional time with God is a better way to understand what God means by the things He said in the Bible

Back