Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

oversharing personal stuff..... is it really all that bad to do?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
I'm all too willing to share my life. Apparently I overshare. Sometimes it makes people uncomfortable. I need to learn to read the room better, they said.
Truth is.... I don't know how to not overshare. To me it comes as naturally as breathing. I'm all too willing to tell people the things I struggle with, the things that bring me joy, little tidbits that may or may not be of any interest. To a point, of course. It's not like I'm going to just start talking about a cyst on my butt randomly, I do know better than that. Maybe it's me, maybe it's ADHD.... who knows.

I don't think it's altogether bad, though..... I think there are some topics where we should break the silence and stigma. It lets people know they're not the only ones who deal with such.

I'm all too willing to share my life. Apparently I overshare. Sometimes it makes people uncomfortable. I need to learn to read the room better, they said.
Truth is.... I don't know how to not overshare. To me it comes as naturally as breathing. I'm all too willing to tell people the things I struggle with, the things that bring me joy, little tidbits that may or may not be of any interest. To a point, of course. It's not like I'm going to just start talking about a cyst on my butt randomly, I do know better than that. Maybe it's me, maybe it's ADHD.... who knows.

I don't think it's altogether bad, though..... I think there are some topics where we should break the silence and stigma. It lets people know they're not the only ones who deal with such.
It doesn't have to be "bad", but it certainly can be.
I have a 30 year old friend who admits to a "learning disorder", but I feel is actually symptomatic of autism.
I have watched him apply for an apartment, during which he brought up all kinds of irrelevant past history.
He has no "OFF" switch.
Everything turns into some tangent.

I don't know if the "OFF" switch is a learned behavior or not, but it sure can further one's career, and circle of friends.

It it works for you sister, then do it. Just don't let the room work you. You cheered me up no end.

As long as you're not hurting someone, and especially if you could be helping someone...
Depends who you're talking to, I guess. You don't want to get verbally whipped yourself, as that can hurt!

It is good to be open and sharing. After all, we are called to "walk in the Light as He is in the light." 1 Jn 3.7

But Proverbs also reminds us to be wise in who we share with or under what circumstances. Paul tells us to avoid gossips and busybodies. They have the potential to destroy the body.

Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool rather than open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
James 5:16 kjv
16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Maybe it is open your mouth to a trusted brother and not get on Facebook and tell the whole world.

A righteous man, and maybe not 15,000 just folks.

To broadcast too much just cranks up speculations outside of the truth.

Saul / Paul prayed and God sent a specific person to help. If we announce to the world, no telling what kind of advice we will get.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

evenifigoalone as long as I have known you in here you have always been opened an honest with your feelings. You have a heart for the Lord, but yet struggle in areas like we all do. It's good to get certain feelings out in the open and others should be mature enough to sit and listen instead of being to quick to judge and condemn another. If others can not offer anything edifying then they should keep to themselves.

Back