Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's 2:50 in the morning, 40 minute until I wake up my husband to take us to work. And I'm really angry because one of our many irresponsible housemates straight up refuses to take his elderly, incontinent cat to the vet, because he's all salty that he had to pay 500 for the cat's last visit. So I was making breakfast and the poor old guy pooped all over and I ended up wearing half of it, so my nice breakfast is now cold because I didn't really feel like eating it while covered in wet cat poop.

This is really the breaking point at this point. I am angry at everyone in our house for being irresponsible. I know that the sensible solution would be to kick them out but with most of my paychecks going to medical bills and school, we can't live on our own in our house.

All I want to do is cry. I know God is here, but I feel he has turned his face and that I have fallen out of favor. I'm sure that's just the devil lying to me but I'm just struggling so much. I don't even really want to live anymore.

Please pray for me that this improves somehow or that God shows me something because I can't do this much anymore. Thanks.

Hope

Dear Sister Hope, it is these times that bring us to depend upon all God has for us. We come come to the end of of us because there's nothing left within to draw on, and when we're told that all things work together for good, religion and all else takes second place to our helplessness in the presence of reality. Job, that perfect and righteous man uttered the following in his temptation.
Job 3:1 After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.
Job 3:2 And Job spake, and said,
Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.
Job 3:4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

Your trial of suffering is the very work of God that will bring you forth as the very gem God wants. Polishing with diamond dust to create one more facet of a beautiful diamond in process separates you from the ordinary appearing stone sitting in the dust beside you. Peter wrote it like this in 1 Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Dear Father, please have great grace shown to our sister at this time as You conform her into the very image of Jesus You want to see, Help her through this day, give her the solution to her anguish, and give great peace and joy instead as she learns to submit to Your every leading in her life. Glorify You as only you can in all our lives and we give You the praise for it in the blessed name of our Savior Jesus. Amen.

It's 2:50 in the morning, 40 minute until I wake up my husband to take us to work. And I'm really angry because one of our many irresponsible housemates straight up refuses to take his elderly, incontinent cat to the vet, because he's all salty that he had to pay 500 for the cat's last visit. So I was making breakfast and the poor old guy pooped all over and I ended up wearing half of it, so my nice breakfast is now cold because I didn't really feel like eating it while covered in wet cat poop.

This is really the breaking point at this point. I am angry at everyone in our house for being irresponsible. I know that the sensible solution would be to kick them out but with most of my paychecks going to medical bills and school, we can't live on our own in our house.

All I want to do is cry. I know God is here, but I feel he has turned his face and that I have fallen out of favor. I'm sure that's just the devil lying to me but I'm just struggling so much. I don't even really want to live anymore.

Please pray for me that this improves somehow or that God shows me something because I can't do this much anymore. Thanks.

Hope
Hi Dearest Darling
You know, Jesus didn't say we'd never have problems here. In fact, He said that we'd have tribulation in this world. But He overcame it. How? Because no matter what we go through, we can know that we are friends with the creator of the universe and that He's on our side and will always comfort us when we seek that comfort.
The tribulation of this world no longer has to have a hold on us.

I pray that you're able to hold onto the joy of the Lord. A joy that surpasses all understanding - even while we go through problems and trouble.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that we all go through what you are experiencing right now and that it will indeed end one day! No problem lasts forever.

God bless you with His joy.

Wondering

My wife and I cared for our sick pets in their old age many many countless times, cleaning up seemingly endlessly after them. Carrying them to bed with us, up and down the stairs. Carrying them outside. Sometimes even holding them up so they could do their business. Bathing them when they crapped on the floor and were so weak they couldn't get up and instead laid in their wastes and thrashed around in it til they were covered in it. And we washed them, and dried them and loved them, til their last breath.

Have you ever had to change a diaper for your own father?

Love covers all things. Live in His Love. You'll be fine.

My wife and I cared for our sick pets in their old age many many countless times, cleaning up seemingly endlessly after them. Carrying them to bed with us, up and down the stairs. Carrying them outside. Sometimes even holding them up so they could do their business. Bathing them when they crapped on the floor and were so weak they couldn't get up and instead laid in their wastes and thrashed around in it til they were covered in it. And we washed them, and dried them and loved them, til their last breath.

Have you ever had to change a diaper for your own father?

Love covers all things. Live in His Love. You'll be fine.

That is so beautiful and trust me, I hold no anger toward my poor little guy! My anger is with our housemate who refuses to take care of the cat that he threatened he couldn't move in and help us without having him. In the three+ years they have lived with us he has taken the poor little fellow to the vet twice!

To me, that is as bad as neglecting an elderly human or small child in your care.

Thanks for the post!

Hi Dearest Darling
You know, Jesus didn't say we'd never have problems here. In fact, He said that we'd have tribulation in this world. But He overcame it. How? Because no matter what we go through, we can know that we are friends with the creator of the universe and that He's on our side and will always comfort us when we seek that comfort.
The tribulation of this world no longer has to have a hold on us.

I pray that you're able to hold onto the joy of the Lord. A joy that surpasses all understanding - even while we go through problems and trouble.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that we all go through what you are experiencing right now and that it will indeed end one day! No problem lasts forever.

God bless you with His joy.

Wondering

Thanks, Wondering! I greatly appreciate your insight! Thank you!

That is so beautiful and trust me, I hold no anger toward my poor little guy! My anger is with our housemate who refuses to take care of the cat that he threatened he couldn't move in and help us without having him. In the three+ years they have lived with us he has taken the poor little fellow to the vet twice!

To me, that is as bad as neglecting an elderly human or small child in your care.

Thanks for the post!

Why is the housemate refusing to take care of his business?

Thanks for the post!

*Love Never Fails*

It "endures" all things. It "hopes" in all things. It "believes" in all things. It is "long suffering," for sure. It does not "vaunt" itself. It keeps "no record" of wrongs.

*Love Never Fails*

Love is our ever present Hope. It will get squeezed til it bursts open, to overcome.

*Love Never Fails*

It "endures" all things. It "hopes" in all things. It "believes" in all things. It is "long suffering," for sure. It does not "vaunt" itself. It keeps "no record" of wrongs.

*Love Never Fails*

Love is our ever present Hope. It will get squeezed til it bursts open, to overcome.
I know but it doesn't make it any less exhausting. I'm just praying I get a "sabbath" on one of my days off. I just seriously need a day of rest and, after all, if the creator of the Universe believes in resting, then why shouldn't I try to rest? -sigh- I just really need a break...

Back