Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Passages from Kenneth Hagin's, "In Him"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barth Jones

If you haven't read Kenneth Hagin's, In Him, it's a recommended read. If you have read this booklet, you might remember in the back there's a list of Bible references that are direct promises from God, categorized by King James phrases like "In Christ," "In Him," "By Whom," etc.

Well, I wrote a little script that fills in the corresponding text for all the references in one easy-to-navigate place. If you're a fan of Kenneth Hagin, you might like this resource: http://livepromises.com

If you haven't read Kenneth Hagin's, In Him, it's a recommended read. If you have read this booklet, you might remember in the back there's a list of Bible references that are direct promises from God, categorized by King James phrases like "In Christ," "In Him," "By Whom," etc.

Well, I wrote a little script that fills in the corresponding text for all the references in one easy-to-navigate place. If you're a fan of Kenneth Hagin, you might like this resource: http://livepromises.com

Not a big fan of what has become of the "Word of Faith" movement. It seems to me to encourage a childish, "God as Santa Claus" mentality which is contrary to the example of Paul.

2Co 11:24-27 (NKJV) "From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—"

The word of faith movement taught us to quote Phl 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.) while completely ignoring the previous verse. Phl 4:12 (I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.)

It has also spawned a TV ministry industry led by charismatic orators who convince their followers to send them money. They get very rich while their followers get to send more "seed faith" money. So many get rich peddling the prosperity gospel which is "another gospel."

Kenneth Hagin was the most influential leader of the earlier movement. (Though he plagiarized liberally from E. W. Kenyon for his source material. )

Jesus died and rose again to destroy the power of sin and death to hold mankind forever.

He did not come to make us all healthy and wealthy but the word of faith movement elevates wealth to a primary objective of a Christian's walk and thus ignores or refutes the Biblical teaching that "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1Ti 6:10 NKJV)

Paul's advice concerning such teachers: "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself." (1Ti 6:3-5 NKJV)

But what do I know?

iakov the fool
:boing

It has also spawned a TV ministry industry led by charismatic orators who convince their followers to send them money. They get very rich while their followers get to send more "seed faith" money. So many get rich peddling the prosperity gospel which is "another gospel."

Kenneth Hagin was the most influential leader of the earlier movement. (Though he plagiarized liberally from E. W. Kenyon for his source material. )

As for me, I've never seen any of their bank accounts, nor have I found a way to determine the validity of claims of plagiarism, so I can't--judge them. But I can judge what they preach and teach.
----------

He did not come to make us all healthy and wealthy but the word of faith movement elevates wealth to a primary objective of a Christian's walk and thus ignores or refutes the Biblical teaching that "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1Ti 6:10 NKJV)

Do they preach Christ crucified? Do they preach anything other than the Biblical Good News of Jesus? The notion I've gotten from "word of faith" is not the absence of poverty and illness, but overcoming their presence or threats, through agreement of our words and God's Word. "Let the poor say I am rich," and so forth. If Christ did not mean that you could literally say such and such, and it would come to pass, then why did he give the example of the withered fig tree? And why did the early church prayerfully lay hands on folks and see them healed?

Jesus died and rose again to destroy the power of sin and death to hold mankind forever.

Paul's advice concerning such teachers: "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself." (1Ti 6:3-5 NKJV)[/QUOTE]

And what is "the power of sin," except the curse? And what is the curse except toil, sickness, poverty, suffering, and so forth? And what is your first response except "argument over words?"

edited reba

Paul's advice concerning such teachers: "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself." (1Ti 6:3-5 NKJV)[/QUOTE]

And what is "the power of sin," except the curse? And what is the curse except toil, sickness, poverty, suffering, and so forth? And what is your first response except "argument over words?"

Serve God whether He heals you or not.
Serve God whether He gives you a new car and a bigger house and more income of not.
Serve God when your wife dies of cancer.
Serve God when you get fired and can't find work.
Serve God when you lose your house because you can't find work.
Serve God whether He blesses you with material things or not. He has given you eternal life. Nothing surpasses that blessing.

Chasing after blessings is NOT the Gospel.

Jesus said "repent and believe the Gospel" not ask me and I'll make you rich.

iakov the fool

Last edited by a moderator:
A deeper look at Kenneth Hagin might be a good idea..
Perhaps of posters would do a web search on these three words "Kenneth Hagin plagiarism " the nature and character of Hagin will be seen clearly. Here is one site

edited reba

Not a big fan of what has become of the "Word of Faith" movement. It seems to me to encourage a childish, "God as Santa Claus" mentality which is contrary to the example of Paul.

2Co 11:24-27 (NKJV) "From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—"

The word of faith movement taught us to quote Phl 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.) while completely ignoring the previous verse. Phl 4:12 (I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.)

Paul's advice concerning such teachers: "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself." (1Ti 6:3-5 NKJV)

But what do I know?

iakov the fool

The word of faith, by confessing with your mouth, is a solid biblical truth, and is a the foundation for salvation.

edited reba

JLB

A deeper look at Kenneth Hagin might be a good idea..
Years ago I listened to Hagin and I was overwhelmed with his misuse of Scripture to fit what he was teaching.
Never again.
There is better teaching elsewhere.

Perhaps of posters would do a web search on these three words "Kenneth Hagin plagiarism " the nature and character of Hagin will be seen clearly.

However, according to Scripture a preacher/shepherd/pastor MUST be above reproach in everything, and the evidence that Hagin plagiarized is indisputable. There can be no rationalization for the bold-facred theft of the words and ideas of so many people.

See: http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com/2010/10/14/hagin_copied_kenyon/

I like Kenneth Hagin, and Keynon. Both very helpful. I also liked Peter Ruckman who did not like either man and hated the Faith movement.

edited reba
Mike.

edited reba

Let's focus our attention on not putting down other human beings, but lifting each other up, and praying for those we don't agree with. Judgement is just stupid because you have to be judged the same which is also just stupid. Be kind to yourself. God's word works for you or against you.

Mike.

deleted as an attack on members reba

Remember though, our battle is not against flesh and blood.

Nope, and something I am working on. I wish believers would set higher standards for themselves,

edited reba

Thank you for your time Brother.

Mike.

deleted as as reply to deleted post reba

Back