Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Peace, peace...there is no peace.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Peace, peace...there is no Peace !

Jeremiah prophesied and warned God's children in Jerusalem about the desolations that were about to begin but...they didn't listen. This is our example of today's prophets and watchmen warning today's children of God (which is His spiritual Jerusalem). Do we listen today?

Jeremiah said....

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

They love the Lord but they don't hear the words of the Lord...they listen to man...man's ideas, theories, doctrines....man's words.

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

2 Timothy 4:3-4For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

6:13-15 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

The days are now come...the false prophets and priests abound that dealeth falsely, paving the way for THE day when Satan himself stands before us pretending to be our Savior and he will deceive many! They promise peace and safety saying....we'll be raptured away....don't worry.

Please consider that when they say "peace, peace when there is no peace," means....Christ has not arrived at that time. They will say He is there but...there is no Peace/no Christ.....

Ephesians 2:14 For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

6:16-17 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.

He is our Peace and He is our Rest. Only with Him will we find that promised land. The watchmen warn...the trumpet is sounding today but...how many harken to truth or prefer to believe they'll be raptured? Remember, they'll say....

Peace, peace...where there is no Peace! It will be Satan, not our Savior.

You hear so many viewpoints of the timing of the rapture today. But I know one thing. Even if the rapture occurred before the Tribulation, I think many will be surprised they aren't going anyway. So, it's not so much the timing, as much as the mass error I see in Christianity today and the mass following of worldly, Luciferian ways and yet thinking they are following Christ. The beast will have no problem getting converts.

Just try to talk about the end times. Oftentimes you will hear about folks who believe it already occurred (the world looks intact to me yet, not the mess that Revelation talks about so go figure). I don't think many people can face the idea of Christ coming back, and thus keep him "out there" somewhere so that we "die and go to heaven" and join some obscure, heavenly and spiritual kingdom while earth remains unchanged (which I can't figure that one out since the bible is concerned about earth and God's Kingdom and not so much heaven but that's another subject).

Whatever happened to the song

For God so loved the world, He gave His only Son, To die on Calv'ry's tree. From sin to set me free; Some day He's coming back - What glory that will be ! ...

????

Back in my days to believe otherwise was nothing less than heresy. But not today. Many "Christians" don't want to hear it.

Isa 54:8 (KJV)

In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Isa 54:9

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isa 54:10

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 5:11

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

If words mean anything? WE HAVE PEACE!

if you have not heard? The Holy One came and paid the price for our peace!:clap

There will never be peace on this Earth until Christ returns in the air at the seventh trumpet call for his Bride and at that time in a twinkling of an eye will God send out his angels to the four corners of the earth to gather the Bride of Christ and once gathered will make an end to all the abomination that causes desolation or in other words make an end to sin when Satan is cast into the lake of fire never to mess with the Bride ever again and then the New Jerusalem, which is even now being prepared for us, and New Earth will be ushered down. Only one gathering of the saints (Bride) as when we are taken up the door of Gods Salvation is closed forever as when we are taken so is the Holy Spirit whom dwells in us. No seven year tribulation or an actual 1000 year reign of Christ here on this present earth as these teachings are derived by that of those teaching a false gospel through a carnal logical teaching.

For more info please visit my website and click on Second Coming of Christ.
www.ourchurch.com/member/m/ministering

There will never be peace on this Earth until Christ returns in the air at the seventh trumpet call for his Bride and at that time in a twinkling of an eye will God send out his angels to the four corners of the earth to gather the Bride of Christ and once gathered will make an end to all the abomination that causes desolation or in other words make an end to sin when Satan is cast into the lake of fire never to mess with the Bride ever again and then the New Jerusalem, which is even now being prepared for us, and New Earth will be ushered down. Only one gathering of the saints (Bride) as when we are taken up the door of Gods Salvation is closed forever as when we are taken so is the Holy Spirit whom dwells in us. No seven year tribulation or an actual 1000 year reign of Christ here on this present earth as these teachings are derived by that of those teaching a false gospel through a carnal logical teaching.

Funny? the bible says we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ?
I have peace! Many believers i know have peace? Just like the Word of God says!:clap

Maybe the problem is not with the Word of God? Nor those of us who believe? but
Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.:sad

I have it in my heart, but my minds a reck. It's like I'm glad that I really think it over now before I act and I find many things not worth bugging over. There'll never be peace in a fabricated society outside the God zone. It's impossible. We don't really know what it is totally.

I have it in my heart, but my minds a reck. It's like I'm glad that I really think it over now before I act and I find many things not worth bugging over. There'll never be peace in a fabricated society outside the God zone. It's impossible. We don't really know what it is totally.
I agree! but none of us who have Him should be apart from "HIS PEACE"

Joh 14:27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Ask and you shall receive!:biglol

Of course those of us who know the Lord have peace that passes understanding. I don't think that's really the topic here. The world, being deceived, in the end days are going to look for a peace due to the troubles that is not the Lord's peace, but very superficial. That's what the bible is talking about in this passage here.

Whatever happened to the song

For God so loved the world, He gave His only Son, To die on Calv'ry's tree. From sin to set me free; Some day He's coming back - What glory that will be ! ...

Only slightly off topic.....You took me back .....i can smell the old wood pews..hear the old piano ....see the blankets for the kids on floor.....i hear Mom singing beside me...see Dad up at the pulpit raising his arms in serender to the King....

Wonderful His love to me....

Many are awaitig His return.... Thank You Lord for Your grace and mercy

Isa 54:8 (KJV)

If words mean anything? WE HAVE PEACE!

if you have not heard? The Holy One came and paid the price for our peace!:clap

Yes, Mitzpa...we have Peace and He is Jesus Christ, the Holy One.

The point of the OP was to show that we will be offered a false peace, a false Christ and many will accept him as our Savior. This is why it is written.....

Jeremiah 8:11-12 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the Lord.

The false one comes in the guise of Jesus for he comes as our peace. The time of the great tribulation/great deception begins. The True Savior/True Peace arrives when the tribulation ends...at the seventh trump. He gathers those that stayed true to Him and then the wrath of God is poured and "in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the Lord."

Funny? the bible says we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ?
I have peace! Many believers i know have peace? Just like the Word of God says!:clap

Maybe the problem is not with the Word of God? Nor those of us who believe? but
Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.:sad

Again one misreads what is written. I said the world will never have peace. I never said those of God will never have peace as even in trials and temptations we have peace in the Lord for no tribulation of this world can separate us from the love of God as he gives us his peace in times of trouble if the faith of Christ is truly in us.

Only slightly off topic.....You took me back .....i can smell the old wood pews..hear the old piano ....see the blankets for the kids on floor.....i hear Mom singing beside me...see Dad up at the pulpit raising his arms in serender to the King....

Wonderful His love to me....

Many are awaitig His return.... Thank You Lord for Your grace and mercy

Beautiful Reba! :) I hear what you are saying.

Again one misreads what is written. I said the world will never have peace. I never said those of God will never have peace as even in trials and temptations we have peace in the Lord for no tribulation of this world can separate us from the love of God as he gives us his peace in times of trouble if the faith of Christ is truly in us.
I am sorry! i think i must have really misunderstood your post?
please forgive? and glad we both have His Great peace!:)

Yes, Mitzpa...we have Peace and He is Jesus Christ, the Holy One.

The point of the OP was to show that we will be offered a false peace, a false Christ and many will accept him as our Savior. This is why it is written.....
Jeremiah 8:11-12 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the Lord.​

If i misread your op? please forgive me? I just find so many on the forums are attempting to steal away the Joy of The Lord from His people? Hope you have His peace also!:thumbsup

Col 3:15 (kjv)

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,

Might help us to see the false? when we enjoy the real!:yes

When i look at how far Christianity has come in 2000 years there is time for rejoicing....

Through the history of the last 2000 years with its ups and downs The Gospel of the Kingdom has spread and grown... We Christians number in the millions Praise the Good Lord....
Time was salvation was but for just a few.... Those chains were broken at the Cross... His glory is spread around the World.... Take a minute and think 2000 years ago only 1 nation had the Blessing of the Lord.... Nation upon nation now has the Gospel.... Many have fallen back but His blessings continue.... For the most part Where the Gospel has a hold the the living conditions for the all people are improved....

The Cross of Christ is the center of the universe. All things before the Cross were looking to it.... Now we look back to His Cross His saving Grace His mercy..... Thank you Jesus

I am sorry! i think i must have really misunderstood your post?
please forgive? and glad we both have His Great peace!:)

OK, thank you :). With all we see here in America from 911, bombing of buildings and shootings all over the news it is only going to get worse and even when persecutions come against us like in other countries of those who are dying a martyrs death for their faith in Christ we are not exempt from anything and we need that peace that is Christ in us to stand against the attacks of the enemy (Satan) even when they say peace is here, but only spoken by the false prophets that will lead many astray as we know there will never be peace in the world until the return of Christ when he makes an end to all abominations that cause desolation or in other words an end to sin.

OK, thank you :). With all we see here in America from 911, bombing of buildings and shootings all over the news it is only going to get worse and even when persecutions come against us like in other countries of those who are dying a martyrs death for their faith in Christ we are not exempt from anything and we need that peace that is Christ in us to stand against the attacks of the enemy (Satan) even when they say peace is here, but only spoken by the false prophets that will lead many astray as we know there will never be peace in the world until the return of Christ when he makes an end to all abominations that cause desolation or in other words an end to sin.
Yes! i seems our faith will soon be tested?:yes

Back