Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Perverted Gospel

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Soul man

Would pervert the gospel: this is the only place the word pervert is found in scripture. The way the world is today that word to most people would speak of some sort of deviant. But the scripture is clear on the matter.

Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
What is the perverted gospel: the gospel that says man can do something within himself to become pleasing to god. The perverted gospel leaves Christ out as the center of all things.

According to the scripture those that pervert the gospel are preachers of the gospel, Gal. 1:8
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The perverted gospel is when man takes the hope of the scriptures and turns them to fit his agenda.
There are those that polute the scriptures with their own ideas, and would pervert the gospel.
Some of our leaders have failed to lead the born-again into the Christ-life knowledge, and have perverted the gospel. Think of all the voices today, can you spot the perverted gospel, it's there, it's out there, we hear it most every day and dont know it.

Take heed little ears what you hear, little feet where you roam. If you watch some television preachers, you will see the gospel perverted, their message is not Christ, their message is how am I going to pay the bills, and they will pervert the gospel to stay on tv. It has become a way of making a living, instead of the life that is to be found. Not far removed from the political Arena, using people for gain.

They grow weary with the written word, and will add their touch, and teach and preach it as though it were sound doctrine.
No interest in your soul, dont be fooled, it is not easy to spot deceivers, for they themselves are deceived with enticing words of man's wisdom.
They major on a portion of the gospel, never preaching the full Gospel of Grace, with Christ as the believers life and everything to the Father.

What does the perverted gospel do; the first thing it does is cause you trouble. We all have trouble in this world, Jesus said that would happen.
When your trouble is brought on by the gospel you hear it doesn't matter how many devils cast out, how much you pray or your giving, your troubles will be troubles untold.

Paul warns against such preaching, do not do it because you will bring a curse upon yourself and well as your listeners.
But the money that is involved, the warning goes unheeded, they have know interest in your soul. What is the accursed message men heap on the people of God?

They, as well yourself will have troubles that seem impossible to get out of. You have more trouble than anyone else it seems. The perverted gospel puts you in a situation you can't get out of on your own, there is no escape. When I was in the healing business I could see that money and manipulation worked hand in hand, and lack of concern for the people. I don't know if I was around the best but they were next to it. They, as well as myself had been groomed to deceive from the moment we believed, by those we trusted. So when I talk to you, I talk to you like those that sit in our meetings today, I speak from the heart, trying not to live in cynicism.

Deliverance must come from the professionals, them and only them. Your deliverance will have to come from the Trinity. You will feast on the religion of self and Like Peter! as the cock crew, you find yourself back in a worse situation than what you were brought out of. The perverted gospel is as cruel as the grave, it will leave you in desperation and you walk in pure ignorance of what the Father is doing.

Last edited:
Would pervert the gospel: this is the only place the word pervert is found in scripture. The way the world is today that word to most people would speak of some sort of deviant. But the scripture is clear on the matter.

Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
What is the perverted gospel: the gospel that says man can do something within himself to become pleasing to god. The perverted gospel leaves Christ out as the center of all things.

According to the scripture those that pervert the gospel are preachers of the gospel, Gal. 1:8
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The perverted gospel is when man takes the hope of the scriptures and turns them to fit his agenda.
There are those that polute the scriptures with their own ideas, and would pervert the gospel.
Some of our leaders have failed to lead the born-again into the Christ-life knowledge, and have perverted the gospel. Think of all the voices today, can you spot the perverted gospel, it's there, it's out there, we hear it most every day and dont know it.

Take heed little ears what you hear, little feet where you roam. If you watch some television preachers, you will see the gospel perverted, their message is not Christ, their message is how am I going to pay the bills, and they will pervert the gospel to stay on tv. It has become a way of making a living, instead of the life that is to be found. Not far removed from the political Arena, using people for gain.

They grow weary with the written word, and will add their touch, and teach and preach it as though it were sound doctrine.
No interest in your soul, dont be fooled, it is not easy to spot deceivers, for they themselves are deceived with enticing words of man's wisdom.
They major on a portion of the gospel, never preaching the full Gospel of Grace, with Christ as the believers life and everything to the Father.

What does the perverted gospel do; the first thing it does is cause you trouble. We all have trouble in this world, Jesus said that would happen.
When your trouble is brought on by the gospel you hear it doesn't matter how many devils cast out, how much you pray or your giving, your troubles will be troubles untold.

Paul warns against such preaching, do not do it because you will bring a curse upon yourself and well as your listeners.
But the money that is involved, the warning goes unheeded, they have know interest in your soul. What is the accursed message men heap on the people of God?

They, as well yourself will have troubles that seem impossible to get out of. You have more trouble than anyone else it seems. The perverted gospel puts you in a situation you can't get out of on your own, there is no escape. When I was in the healing business I could see that money and manipulation worked hand in hand, and lack of concern for the people. I don't know if I was around the best but they were next to it. They, as well as myself had been groomed to deceive from the moment we believed, by those we trusted. So when I talk to you, I talk to you like those that sit in our meetings today, I speak from the heart, trying not to live in cynicism.

Deliverance must come from the professionals, them and only them. Your deliverance will have to come from the Trinity. You will feast on the religion of self and Like Peter! as the cock crew, you find yourself back in a worse situation than what you were brought out of. The perverted gospel is as cruel as the grave, it will leave you in desperation and you walk in pure ignorance of what the Father is doing.
AMEN! So many, today, beli the Popular Teaching that the gifts have expired and the proclamations (lies) that Jesus would appear on stage (not even declaring it an alter) with them in Africa is murdering the movement of our LORD. There have always been false Prophets but, literally, the abound today.

Six other men and I, all Southern Baptists, laid hands on a Spanish Catholic Lady that lived next to our building, and we stopped services when she made the request for Prayer her Tumor not be Cancerous. Our Pastor asked, from the Pulpit, for circumstances so we could, more effectively and pointedly, pray for her. He then called for a prayer team to lay hands on and to pray for her. Seven of the men rose andlayed huands on her and prayed for the Tumor to not be there at all.

She went to the hospital and they prepped her and her doctor cut her open to remove the soft ball sized tumor from her. About two weeks later she was in our Assembly once more and praising God because she had the scar that all xrays had shown to be there was missing in action!

She did not attend Mass again but she did become a Southern Baptist.

There was no show, just seven men laying on hands and all of the Believers in the pews praying for God to show His Glory by healing her and miraculously did. People need to get out of the Church Family and get drunk as a skunk on Saturday night and sleep the Hang Over off Sunday morning if they cannot believe.

What or how did that happen? Seven praying men laid on hands and everyone in the Assembly prayed for God to show His power and to heal Tina, and He did. So many teachers of the False Gospel are so deluded in their going to work and they are leading hundreds of millions of people into Hell.

Great message.

I would foot note that in your statement that salvation is in the Trinity, you weren't advertising for TBN.

AMEN! So many, today, beli the Popular Teaching that the gifts have expired and the proclamations (lies) that Jesus would appear on stage (not even declaring it an alter) with them in Africa is murdering the movement of our LORD. There have always been false Prophets but, literally, the abound today.

Six other men and I, all Southern Baptists, laid hands on a Spanish Catholic Lady that lived next to our building, and we stopped services when she made the request for Prayer her Tumor not be Cancerous. Our Pastor asked, from the Pulpit, for circumstances so we could, more effectively and pointedly, pray for her. He then called for a prayer team to lay hands on and to pray for her. Seven of the men rose andlayed huands on her and prayed for the Tumor to not be there at all.

She went to the hospital and they prepped her and her doctor cut her open to remove the soft ball sized tumor from her. About two weeks later she was in our Assembly once more and praising God because she had the scar that all xrays had shown to be there was missing in action!

There was no show, just seven men laying on hands and all of the Believers in the pews praying for God to show His Glory by healing her and miraculously did. People need to get out of the Church Family and get drunk as a skunk on Saturday night and sleep the Hang Over off Sunday morning if they cannot believe.

What or how did that happen? Seven praying men laid on hands and everyone in the Assembly prayed for God to show His power and to heal Tina, and He did. So many teachers of the False Gospel are so deluded in their going to work and they are leading hundreds of millions of people into Hell.

Great message.

I would foot note that in your statement that salvation is in the Trinity, you weren't advertising for TBN.

Great message.

Great story Taylor, though I had to change my way of doing things as a healing preacher I still believe in the healing power of God.
TBN lol good one, do I have some stories, but some things are better left unsaid or maybe I have said enough :)

What do you mean by "this is the only place the word pervert is found in Scripture"?

From the KJV:

Deu_16:19 Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.

Deu_24:17 Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:

Job_8:3 Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?

Job_34:12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.

Pro_17:23 A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.

Pro_31:5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

Mic_3:9 Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhor judgment, and pervert all equity.

Act_13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Gal_1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Even the Greek, metastrepho (G3344), shows three uses in the NT in the KJV: Acts 2:20, Gal. 1:7, and James 4:9, and two uses in the NASB.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/kjv/metastrepho.html
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/metastrepho.html

All instances of "pervert" from the ESV:

Exo_23:2 You shall not fall in with the many to do evil, nor shall you bear witness in a lawsuit, siding with the many, so as to pervert justice,

Exo_23:6 “You shall not pervert the justice due to your poor in his lawsuit.

Deu_16:19 You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous.

Deu_24:17 “You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless, or take a widow's garment in pledge,

Job_8:3 Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert the right?

Job_34:12 Of a truth, God will not do wickedly, and the Almighty will not pervert justice.

Pro_17:23 The wicked accepts a bribe in secret to pervert the ways of justice.

Pro_31:5 lest they drink and forget what has been decreed and pervert the rights of all the afflicted.

Jer_23:36 But ‘the burden of the LORD’ you shall mention no more, for the burden is every man's own word, and you pervert the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God.

Jud_1:4 For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Doesn't even have Gal. 1:7. "Pervert" in Jude 1:4 is the Greek, metatithemi (G3346), a word that is used five times in the NT in the KJV and four in the NASB.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/kjv/metatithemi.html
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/metatithemi.html

What is the perverted gospel: the gospel that says man can do something within himself to become pleasing to god.
The letter to the Galatian church is Paul's refutation of those who were teaching that a Christian must be circumcised and keep the Law to be saved.

But you are correct. There are many who reform the Gospel to suit their own ideas and agendas.
Religion has always been a great way to make money. Just make a little adjustment here in there in the scriptures; snip some out; add some in; and you've got a perverted Gospel.

Oh how the spirit of Jezebel rears her ugly head as she loves to preach another gospel full of deceit and lies from the pulpits of TV land
(there are a few good ones among the wolves in sheep clothing). Thyatira was given a warning from God, Rev 2:20-23 and we are also told to flee from these type of preachers.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Back