Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for Freddie

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
we recently prayed for a 13 year old dog who was dying and now the little guy is the picture of health

years ago laid hands on and prayed for a sweet old dog who was dying and she recovered instantly

also laid hands on and prayed for a little dog that got hit by a car and his leg was healed

God loves all His creatures and takes care of them all especially when we pray
Hi Truthfrees thank you for sharing that. I once had a dog who got savagely attacked by a bull mastiff. It shook him like a rat and it caused him brain damage. He became a bit vicious towards my daughter and walked with his head hing down at my heels. I put my hand on his head and prayed. Immediately he began acting like he always had before that attack.
I agree God loves all His creation. He said it was good. It makes me realise how privileged we are to be entrusted to look after everything.

Praying for you and yours Tess, even your little meow meow. We had 8 cats back in Houston. We could find nobody to take them. We tried every No-Kill shelter in the state. We offered a $1k to take them. They refused. We had to take them to the Houston Pound. I'm sure most of them were put to death. I still dream of them.
Praying the Lord heal all you guys in body, mind, spirit and that while His will be done, I pray in obedience to have Him please intercede and may His love and healing flow over and through you all. I hope we see our pets in the Kingdom.
Thank you Dan.
So sad about your cats. I dream of some of my past animaks too. They are still in our hearts. In the next life there is no more death or sorrow. What a wonderful promise.

I remember you posting a photo of her quite a while ago. Her life completely changed when you took her in.
Bella came six months after Cheyenne was laid to rest .willow gives us stories with her antics .the but up means she is about pounce and play ,she has jumped from a full squat . many stories of her to tell .the time she got out the front door and I had to get her out of the truck and carried her upside down ,with tail wagging in my face and my wife laughing .

my parents have this big, sassy orange boy cat. he's...15 or 16 now, I think. he just kinda moved in, one day...settled in the back yard, was playful and mellow, so...yeah. that was 14 years ago or so. moving on...

last year, he got really sick. as in..sick enough that mama could actually swoop him up and take him to the vet with no struggle, none of that freaky feline esp thing where they go into hiding just as its time to round them up for the appointment. and...

with cat-sized antibiotics and a heating pad on his spot under the carport, he pulled thru. true story :)

Monica my step daughter has a female calico named Freddy ,I need to post the photos ,she stayed in the closet when we went to the cabin and Monica's uncle would feed him and the ducks .

its that house where willow learned to love the fire pit and the country ,Bella as well .ride girls they became

Monica my step daughter has a female calico named Freddy ,I need to post the photos ,she stayed in the closet when we went to the cabin and Monica's uncle would feed him and the ducks .

its that house where willow learned to love the fire pit and the country ,Bella as well .ride girls they became
Are we allowed to see the photos? :)

I like cats, but don't love cats. They serve a very utilitarian purpose for me. Mainly, to keep snakes at bay. Even if they don't kill them, they will investigate when they see them and prod them, and snakes don't like that. They want to be unseen. Plus the cats take away the food the snakes are looking for.

My cats are semi-wild. I place food out for them, which they appreciate. But if they see you in any other way during the day, they run away like you're an enemy.

So, in Texas, if you live in the country, you need cats. Especially this time of year.

But, I don't get to close to them. I recognize they will not have a long life span. I do appreciate the service they provide while here.

Quantrill

I like cats, but don't love cats. They serve a very utilitarian purpose for me. Mainly, to keep snakes at bay. Even if they don't kill them, they will investigate when they see them and prod them, and snakes don't like that. They want to be unseen. Plus the cats take away the food the snakes are looking for.

My cats are semi-wild. I place food out for them, which they appreciate. But if they see you in any other way during the day, they run away like you're an enemy.

So, in Texas, if you live in the country, you need cats. Especially this time of year.

But, I don't get to close to them. I recognize they will not have a long life span. I do appreciate the service they provide while here.

Quantrill
I remember snake time in Australia. Cats and small dogs died from the bites. I don't like snakes. Glad you have cat workers. They get clever and learn how to do it.

Back