Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Potted plants

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's been wet and miserable, stormy all week, and after a bit of chill this morning the sun came out and I was standing on my deck admiring the steam wafting off the poles, and I saw how beautiful and happy the Kumara plant looks!

IMG_20210402_093612_compress34.jpg

Considering that he was only a sprouty-looking lump of a thing begging for mercy from the blade of my knife a few weeks back, I just had to capture that perfect "Kodak moment". I've always seen him with affection, somehow I am drawn to perceive his soul with empathy.

It's been wet and miserable, stormy all week, and after a bit of chill this morning the sun came out and I was standing on my deck admiring the steam wafting off the poles, and I saw how beautiful and happy the Kumara plant looks!

View attachment 11134

Considering that he was only a sprouty-looking lump of a thing begging for mercy from the blade of my knife a few weeks back, I just had to capture that perfect "Kodak moment". I've always seen him with affection, somehow I am drawn to perceive his soul with empathy.
You love your plant....
he'll do just fine!

I go out in the morning to see what progress mine have made.
I think they know we love them!!
?

Mrs. Barbarian has been celebrating. The weather in Texas turned bitter cold this winter. But all her Gerber daisies survived.

51013312680_7baa68972d_b.jpg

Mrs. Barbarian has been celebrating. The weather in Texas turned bitter cold this winter. But all her Gerber daisies survived.

51013312680_7baa68972d_b.jpg
Just a couple of days ago a neighbor told me that daisies require little sun and that too much sun will kill them.

I thought daisies required a lot of sun.

Which is it Barb?
I trust you more.

Shasta daisies (the tall white flowers with gold centers) definitely need full sun to do their best. Mrs. Barbarian likes Gerbera daisies which like full sun, but are also good with partial shade.

My observation is that they are good with sun and heat, so long as they have plenty of water. On a really hot day, when it's dry, they will wither quickly, but perk up rapidly when watered.

I don't know of any daisies that need shade. I'll ask my resident flower expert today.

Shasta daisies (the tall white flowers with gold centers) definitely need full sun to do their best. Mrs. Barbarian likes Gerbera daisies which like full sun, but are also good with partial shade.

My observation is that they are good with sun and heat, so long as they have plenty of water. On a really hot day, when it's dry, they will wither quickly, but perk up rapidly when watered.

I don't know of any daisies that need shade. I'll ask my resident flower expert today.
I agree with you.
Thanks!
Happy Easter to you and Mrs. Barbarian...

Back