Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Power in the Blood

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We have all been made able bodied ministers. For There is power in the Blood to serve the living God!!!
God says,"Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves (which we are part of) with better sacrifices than these." Heb 9:21-23 We can not have the new heart and mind, which is through His Spirit. Unless we have been cleansed to recieve it. We have been cleansed..... purified. We are the vessels of the ministry. Made fit for Holy use. We now can recieve His Spirit so we can continue to be cleansed and purified so that we can be these vessels fit for Holy use.

The precious blood of Jesus our Lord and Savior. Now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not. 1 John 3:5-6; Heb 10:4; Heb 9:26; Romans 8:3

Condemned or condemning? Condemned and if condemned what is it? It is Sentenced, and what was the sentence that was carried out?

How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Romans 6:2-7
progress.gif

:sing
<li value="1">Would you be free from your burden of sin?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you o'er evil a victory win?
There's wonderful power in the blood.
  • There is power, power, wonder-working power,
    In the blood of the Lamb;
    There is power, power, wonder-working power,
    In the precious blood of the Lamb.

I most heartily recommend the 1995 Vineyard double-album CD #7&8:
Hear Our Cry -- and -- We Behold You. 14 songs total.
It has 2 great blood songs on it: "Only the Blood" and "The Blood of Jesus",
and the blood is mentioned in a couple of the other songs.

It is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy.
And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons iudgeth according to euery mans worke, passe the time of your soiourning here in feare: For as much as ye know that yee were not redeemed (set free) with corruptible things, as siluer and golde, from your vaine conuersation (your empty works...sin) receiued by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a Lambe without blemish and without spot.

For if the Son has set you free and you will be free indeed. For what the law could not doe, in that it was weake through the flesh, God sending his owne Sonne, in the likenesse of sinnefull flesh, and for sinne condemned sinne in the flesh: Putting away sinne by the sacrifice of himselfe. That the righteousnesse of the law might be fulfilled in vs, who walke not after the flesh, but after the spirit.

Condemned not condenming.....Were is our Faith? Has our sin been put away? Have we been set free? For if I build again the things in which I destroyed I make myself a transgressor. Are we trying to crucify the Son of God afresh and put him to open shame?

For if the blood of Bulls, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the vncleane, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit, offered himselfe without spot to God, purge (cleanse) your conscience (your inner man, Who you are) from dead workes (sin, acts that lead to death), to serue the liuing God. For the Law hauing a shadow of good things to come, and not the very Image of the things, can neuer with those sacrifices which they offered yeere by yeere continually, make the commers thereunto perfect. For then would they not haue ceased to be offered, because that the worshippers once purged, should haue had no more conscience of sinnes? But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance againe made of sinnes euery yeere. For it is not possible that the blood of Bulles and of Goats, should take away sinnes. But ye know that hee was manifested to take away our sinnes, and in him is no sinne.

Are we in Him?

Whosoeuer abideth in him, sinneth not: whosoeuer sinneth, hath not seene him, neither knowen him. Little children, let no man deceiue you: he that doth righteousnes, is righteous, euen as he is righteous.

Hi Zeke

How does one become "in Christ" to be a partaker of the "Power in the Blood"?
God says turn from our old own ways and believe. Have faith. Faith comes from hearing. Hearing by the word of God. Pray and seek the Father. He will show you the way Zeke. If you wish to talk more pm me or post here. I am more than happy to spend time with you.

Jesus said, "The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

Interesting Huh? Guess what is even more interesting. His next words!!!

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Just in case we missed that.... Let us see it again.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

You see we are given exceeding great and precious promises: that by these promises we might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2 Peter 1:4

Did we catch that? Having escaped. Done deal, have faith. If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

So we can cast out demons move mountains through the Holy Spirit, but can't live without sinning?

God warns us of such.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent ( those who can't help themselves, no control, live without sinning), fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Re: Hi Zeke

God says turn from our old own ways and believe. Have faith. Faith comes from hearing. Hearing by the word of God. Pray and seek the Father. He will show you the way Zeke. If you wish to talk more pm me or post here. I am more than happy to spend time with you.

Thanks LB - I agree that faith comes by hearing the word of God but I was thinking more along the line of your remarks in the OP - especially your reference to Romans 6:2-7 as it relates to faith and how one comes to be "in Christ".

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. -1 Corinthians 12:12

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. -1 Corinthians 12:13

So we can cast out demons move mountains through the Holy Spirit, but can't live without sinning?

God warns us of such.

Is there a claim of sinless perfection of the flesh coming?

The fact is my friend that we can not say we have 'no sin' and be 'in Truth.'

Sin is what makes us 'weak' and shows our 'need' for our Savior.

Any believer should be 'able' to see that the tempter tempts us all 'in mind' and that those thoughts are 'evil.' Yes, EVIL. And these thoughts also 'defile' the person. It's not then just a matter of what we can see on the outside of the cup.

A believer is guaranteed to be 'tempted.' That fact places the tempter 'in mind' to do so and at that point it is no longer just an observation of 'us' as believers, but also the other working that we are to be and remain 'against.'

We in essence 'carry' our own enemy in the form of the tempter.

s

Is there a claim of sinless perfection of the flesh coming?

The fact is my friend that we can not say we have 'no sin' and be 'in Truth.'

Sin is what makes us 'weak' and shows our 'need' for our Savior.

Any believer should be 'able' to see that the tempter tempts us all 'in mind' and that those thoughts are 'evil.' Yes, EVIL. And these thoughts also 'defile' the person. It's not then just a matter of what we can see on the outside of the cup.

A believer is guaranteed to be 'tempted.' That fact places the tempter 'in mind' to do so and at that point it is no longer just an observation of 'us' as believers, but also the other working that we are to be and remain 'against.'

We in essence 'carry' our own enemy in the form of the tempter.

s
That theology comes from a misunderstanding of 1John 1:8-10.
Understanding the context and grammar is extremely important here. We can't have fellowship with the Father and Son and Walk in darkness. If we are walking in the light, as He is in the light, The blood of Jesus cleanses us of all sin. If we are cleansed of all sin we will have no sin left. All is all. First and foremost verse 8 is being said in context to the last statement in verse 7. That the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. These words are being spoken to new converts who do not yet have the fellowship that John speaks of with the Father and Son in verse 3. And Sin in verse 8 is a noun not a verb. Sin maybe in us tempting us. The noun maybe present. But if we assent, confess to the fact that it is a sin before it becomes a action God will cleanse us from it. To even further this point is the fact that verse 2:1 makes an exhortation that we sin not. If it were not possible that would be a confusing thing to say. And it also states that if we do sin, Not when we sin; put the noun into action that we have an advocate to the Father Jesus Christ our Lord. So there is still hope for if we do. We might always have sin present in our lives tempting us. But these text are extremely clear that we never have to put it to action. Because if we confess it He is Faithful to send it away (forgive) and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. The Greek word in verse 10 translated forgiveness doesn't mean forgiveness though it is translated that way most of the time. It means send away. If God forgives, he has separated. It is no longer part of us. And in Verse 10 the word sin is a verb but it is in the past tense not present. Remember John is speaking to those whom do not yet have the fellowship with the Father and the Son. If the verse would imply that we could not live without sinning then verse 2:1 exhortation not to sin would not make sense either. And to make matters worse one would have to ignore chapter three also. Where it states that those who abideth in Him sinneth not. Please keep in mind we are speaking of willful transgression not accidents when we get caught up in the moment and act out without thinking. For he that knows to do good and does it not. To him it is sin. Have faith for God is faithful and will not suffer us to be tempted above that which we are able to bare; but with the temptation give us a way to escape. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. In this He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness and we are more than conquers.

G863 ἀφίημι aphiemi (a-fiy'-ee-miy) v.
1. to send away (from something near).
2. (by implication) to allow, to give leave.
3. (also) to forgive (i.e. send away guilt).
{in various applications (as follow)}
[from G575 and hiemi “to send” (an intensive form of eimi “to go”)]
KJV: cry, forgive, forsake, lay aside, leave, let (alone, be, go, have), omit, put (send) away, remit, suffer, yield up
Root(s): G575
[?]

(1Cor 10:13 [KJV])
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

(1John 3:6 [KJV])
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

(1John 3:7 [KJV])
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

(1John 3:8 [KJV])
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

(1John 3:9 [KJV])
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

(1John 3:10 [KJV])
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

(1John 2:1 [KJV])
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

(1John 1:3 [KJV])
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

(1John 1:4 [KJV])
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

(1John 1:5 [KJV])
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(1John 1:6 [KJV])
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

(1John 1:7 [KJV])
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

(1John 1:8 [KJV])
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

(1John 1:9 [KJV])
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(1John 1:10 [KJV])
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Back