Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request for Baltimore

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

gracenote

I've posted something similar in the Lounge (don't know why--guess I goofed up--I'm new)
I'm sure most of us already did hear of what's going on there now.
So I thought that I would request that we pray together for the city and people of Baltimore.
Thanks to anyone who cares to join this thread.
God's Peace through Christ to one and all

Prayers have been and will continue to be offered for the citizens of Baltimore.

The city is suffering. Stores are being looted. Some businesses are burning, including a new 16 million dollar Senior Citizens Community Center. Automobiles have been wantonly damaged or destroyed, and these were not just law enforcement vehicles.

Numerous police officers have been injured, with two officers still hospitalized from this afternoon's violence.

People are angry. Not just the protestors but now business owners and employees whose livelihoods have now been grossly and adversely affected. People in other areas of the US - and the world - are angry.

It's time the leadership of this country to stop the hate-filled rhetoric... to stop promoting social and ethnic divides. It doesn't bring about any healing if we're being told over and over and over again that everybody hates everybody else. If the Christian leaders won't step up to join hands to promote healing, it's time for each of us to do just that.

In your own towns or villages or cities, in your own neighborhood, get to know your neighbors. Encourage your church to invite other churches in your area to a joint prayer meeting. Give serious thought to how you can make a difference in your own part of the world. To bring about unity. To demonstrate that genuine Christian love and concern for others.

What's going on in Baltimore could very easily erupt in your city. So pray. Pray for Baltimore. Pray for your own community.

Be safe...and be Blessed!

Prayers have been and will continue to be offered for the citizens of Baltimore.

The city is suffering. Stores are being looted. Some businesses are burning, including a new 16 million dollar Senior Citizens Community Center. Automobiles have been wantonly damaged or destroyed, and these were not just law enforcement vehicles.

Numerous police officers have been injured, with two officers still hospitalized from this afternoon's violence.

People are angry. Not just the protestors but now business owners and employees whose livelihoods have now been grossly and adversely affected. People in other areas of the US - and the world - are angry.

It's time the leadership of this country to stop the hate-filled rhetoric... to stop promoting social and ethnic divides. It doesn't bring about any healing if we're being told over and over and over again that everybody hates everybody else. If the Christian leaders won't step up to join hands to promote healing, it's time for each of us to do just that.

In your own towns or villages or cities, in your own neighborhood, get to know your neighbors. Encourage your church to invite other churches in your area to a joint prayer meeting. Give serious thought to how you can make a difference in your own part of the world. To bring about unity. To demonstrate that genuine Christian love and concern for others.

What's going on in Baltimore could very easily erupt in your city. So pray. Pray for Baltimore. Pray for your own community.

Be safe...and be Blessed!
Stay-at-home disabled here.
I am alive and Thank the Lord for it, yet seldom get out anymore.
This and one other spot online are my current Christian communities. I know no others. But whatever others here might be able to do is very important.
I agree with everything you said in your comment, Air dancer.
Thank you for taking the time to come by and comment so beautifully.

As prayers are being said for Baltimore, let's get an email/twitter/facebook prayer campaign going!

This is a call for everyone to spread the Word... that prayers are needed for Baltimore as well as for our individual countries. Let's announce to the world that we Christians pray for healing, for Christian love, and we pray for each other and our neighbors. And as our voices proclaim our prayers, let's make certain that we are praying!

Prayed in the lounge and will continue to pray here
Huggs to all! Thanks gracenote for starting this thread!

Back