Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praying Against Civil Unrest And Riots

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Politico

My family and I are praying against the destructive and inappropriate civil unrest demonstrated by these so-called "protestors" in the last few days. These are not just protesters; they are people engaged in criminal activity. If you or I should go stand in the middle of a street necessary for travel and refused to get off that same road, we would eventually be arrested. Such activity is considered criminal.

The way that I pray for this is not only to ask the Lord to change the hearts and mind of theses protestors, but also for the Lord to raise up other like-minded Christians who will pray for the same. This is prayer multiplied.

If anything good will be manifested in our nation it will only come forth through the prayers of the saints. Why? Well, simply put, God Almighty has chosen to work through the prayers of the saints. We are the "Salt of the Earth," and salt effects the entirety of that to which it is applied.

Last edited:
My family and I are praying against the destructive and inappropriate civil unrest demonstrated by these so-called "protestors" in the last few days. These are not just protesters; they are people engaged in criminal activity. If you or I should go stand in the middle of a street necessary for travel and refused to get off that same road, we would eventually be arrested. Such activity is considered criminal.

The way that I pray for this is not only to ask the Lord to change the hearts and mind of theses protestors, but also for the Lord to raise up other like-minded Christians who will pray for the same. This is prayer multiplied.

If anything good will be manifested in our nation it will only come forth through the prayers of the saints. Why? Well, simply put, God Almighty has chosen to work through the prayers of the saints. We are the "Salt of the Earth," and salt effects the entirety of that to which it is applied.
To believe they are "all" engaged in civil disobedience is never a good idea. No group of people are ever all "one thing". My niece went to a protest with her friends, and she's a born-again Christian. There was no disobedience, just protesting Trump's hate. They have that right. Keep in mind those of the Boston Tea Party were also seen as being civilly disobedient once, too. Abolitionists were also once viewed as "rabble rousers". Our own history should give us pause before we speak, shouldn't it?

I'm already praying that everything will be settled GOD's way, not man's way, because I know without doubt it will.

I also pray and have, since it began, been praying for their peace but last night I learned the billionaire that is richer thyan Mr. Trump, George Soros is paying for these idiots to riot and began to ask God to work on him. Since this is paid insurrection, I feel we need to concentrate of praying for the heart of Mr. Soros.

the nation is divided in a big, big way. Its not just socio-economic issues, its ideology, dogma, outlook, "identity politics," etc.

I pray that God will keep things from getting out of control.
I would agree with your observations about society at this point. However, I'd also like to suggest we consider not focusing on the negative that is right now. And instead see the nation come together and healed and prospering in the spirit and in the world of day to day. See God's power manifest as we pray for his support.
If I give attention to what is wrong while praying for it all to go right I think I expend too much effort feeding that which I pray gets better.
Those are my thoughts.

I also pray and have, since it began, been praying for their peace but last night I learned the billionaire that is richer thyan Mr. Trump, George Soros is paying for these idiots to riot and began to ask God to work on him. Since this is paid insurrection, I feel we need to concentrate of praying for the heart of Mr. Soros.

I'll hold George Soros in my prayers. I don't think it fair though to further these rumors if there is no concrete proof. Surround him in the love of Christ that God's will be to turn George's heart . That's my view about this.

Thank you for your prayers. I really like that emoticon :)

It's my favorite emoticon of the ones available here at CFnet.

By the way, I'm glad you took the initiative to request prayers for everyone protesting. When they block streets & other roadways, they are indeed breaking laws of local municipalities. Forget about inconveniencing other people who are trying to get from Point A to Point B.

They do indeed need our prayers!

That is news to me. I will be praying for that as well. Thanks for mentioning it.

Is it just me, or do most of the protestors seem young? I think that evangelism and Christian ministry in our colleges and universities is sadly lacking. Yes, we need to evangelize in other nations and help feed the poor, but what about the next generation that will be leading this nation? I receive ministry appeals in the mail about funding overseas evangelism, but never do I receive funding requests for Christian outreach to our nation's next leaders that are being systematically and thoroughly indoctrinated in secular huminsim in our colleges and universities. We are reaping the consequences of this, I believe.

I just wish I had not spent so much of my life being minimally involved in praying for these issues. God woke me up to my failure to consistently and seriously intercede for my nation and its issues over a year ago, and since then I have been praying for our Nation's issues every day.

I have really been putting in some serious prayer for a revival among our nation's young people, especially in colleges and universities. Specifically, I'm praying to the Lord will replace these Godless professors and teachers with God-fearing people that will help turn this nation and its youth around for the good. Many of these professors unabashedly declare that religion must be stamped out, all the while preaching and teaching the religion of secular humanism.

I got my hands on a book called The History of Prayer in America: One Nation Under God by James P. Moore. This is a fantastic book that demonstrates just how critical prayer was in the establishment and growth of early America.

Last edited:
To believe they are "all" engaged in civil disobedience is never a good idea. No group of people are ever all "one thing". My niece went to a protest with her friends, and she's a born-again Christian. There was no disobedience, just protesting Trump's hate. They have that right. Keep in mind those of the Boston Tea Party were also seen as being civilly disobedient once, too. Abolitionists were also once viewed as "rabble rousers". Our own history should give us pause before we speak, shouldn't it?

I'm already praying that everything will be settled God's way, not man's way, because I know without doubt it will.
The video footage I look at shows most of them impeding traffic and consequently harming their fellow citizens. Was your niece impeding traffic?

Did the American colonists hurt their own fellow citizens in this manner as a result of their early protests? Are the current protestors following a manifest destiny of righteousness healing for our nation? I think not.

Last edited:
Nothing is ever out of HIS absolute will, even when we see the world as disintegrating before our eyes.
It is God's will for His people to bring to pass His desired plans for the US through the prayers of the saints. The Bible teaches specific prayers, not just a general prayer that "His will be done." It is His will to heal the US. However, this will not happen if it is not brought forth through the prayers of the saints. Unfortunately, too many Christians believe that the current moral condition in the Western nations is a result of some supposed fulfilled prophecy serving as a fulfilled precondition to the 1 Thess. 4:17 event. As a result, many Christians prayers for America's healing has been weakened because they cannot completely believe that our nation can be turned around for the good. The current "political miracle" that as occurred with conservatives gaining a majority across this nation helps put the lie to pre-rapture, inevitable decline theology and is a demonstration that more Christians are currently believing that the moral/spiritual condition of the US does not have to get worse and worse from this point in time forward. I've been trying to convince Christians of this for over a year now across social media.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do most of the protestors seem young? I think that evangelism and Christian ministry in our colleges and universities is sadly lacking. Yes, we need to evangelize in other nations and help feed the poor, but what about the next generation that will be leading this nation? I receive ministry appeals in the mail about funding overseas evangelism, but never do I receive funding requests for Christian outreach to our nation's next leaders that are being systematically and thoroughly indoctrinated in secular huminsim in our colleges and universities. We are reaping the consequences of this, I believe.

I just wish I had not spent so much of my life being minimally involved in praying for these issues. God woke me up to my failure to consistently and seriously intercede for my nation and its issues over a year ago, and since then I have been praying for our Nation's issues every day.

I have really been putting in some serious prayer for a revival among our nation's young people, especially in colleges and universities. Specifically, I'm praying to the Lord will replace these Godless professors and teachers with God-fearing people that will help turn this nation and its youth around for the good. Many of these professors unabashedly declare that religion must be stamped out, all the while preaching and teaching the religion of secular humanism.

I got my hands on a book called The History of Prayer in America: One Nation Under God by James P. Moore. This is a fantastic book that demonstrates just how critical prayer was in establishment and growth of early America.

They do appear young. And not highly intelligent in the case of one person of late who in a Canada protest talked about Trump being killed in order to stop his four year term in office.

Love one of the chants in the Canadian protest group. "Love Trump's hate!" Beautiful way to meet what is currently speaking against America.

Bernie Sanders was asked by a reporter about the riots.. he gave the usual....they are expressing their constitutional rights. I am wondering if that includes:
  1. Preventing ambulances from getting to the hospital
  2. Destruction of businesses and personal property. President Obama and Hillary Clinton seem not to care.

I got my hands on a book called The History of Prayer in America: One Nation Under God by James P. Moore. This is a fantastic book that demonstrates just how critical prayer was in establishment and growth of early America.
If a Christian student is evangelizing on campus, he or she will be forced to abandon their education through intimidation from the staff and assisted by the students.

Bernie Sanders was asked by a reporter about the riots.. he gave the usual....they are expressing their constitutional rights. I am wondering if that includes:
  1. Preventing ambulances from getting to the hospital
  2. Destruction of businesses and personal property. President Obama and Hillary Clinton seem not to care.
It certainly has to this point and the nations media ks not reporting the truth about it.

Come soon LORD Jesus.

If a Christian student is evangelizing on campus, he or she will be forced to abandon their education through intimidation from the staff and assisted by the students.
I don't think that student should be discouraged in such instances. Recalling Matthew 10:14 may help them to endure.
Personally in today's liberal campus worldly indoctrination centers being as they are, I don't think a Christian has any place there except to minister.

Back