Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praying for a Miracle

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

wren51

I've been facing so many problems that I don't know where to start. I just want prayer to get through with life and not give in. I feel defeated and I need the Holy Spirit's guidance and the strength to face the future.

You are in our prayers.

If it's any consolation there have been a couple of times I've felt like that. Each time God was changing the direction He wanted me to go at the time, and when that got done (as in when I quit being stubborn and just accepted my place in God's plan, whatever it might turn out to be) it all turned out for good. That could very well be what's happening with you too, although you won't realize it until you are looking back at it with hindsight.

Dear Sister wren51, I personally do not know of any in Christ that haven't come to the point in life you're facing. Somehow it seems to draw us to God on a level previously unknown to us. When all else fails, call on God huh? I do know its's more than that, and we read in Rom 8:18, For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Then we read in Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Easy to say in a storm huh?)
And last for the moment is:
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
At one of the lowest points in my life when seeking for answers I wrote the following pamphlet I hope will give you comfort.
http://www.christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/christian-sufferings.52898/

Dear Father, please come in with healing to the problems this dear sister is facing, and bring the peace she so needs as she faces things beyond her capacity to even cope at times. Bless her ways as You lead her into feeling the joy of her salvation, and I thank You for it to Your glory in Jesus' name. Amen.

I've been facing so many problems that I don't know where to start. I just want prayer to get through with life and not give in. I feel defeated and I need the Holy Spirit's guidance and the strength to face the future.
-
Thank you for letting us pray for you.

wren 51... in Jesus name i pray that you be lifted up above all your troubles by the loving arms of Jesus The Christ, and that you be filled with joy and hope, KNOWING that the Lord Jesus who loves you so much, who will never leave you, and who knows how you feel , will never let you down and never let you go .
you are His and He is yours.
amen.

Last edited:
Nothing lasts forever Wren51.
We may fall, but we're not defeated as long as we have breath to say the name, Jesus.
Seek whatever help you may need.
Keep Jesus close - He is our strength.
He said in this world we would have tribulation,
But He overcame tribulation. He overcame the feeling of defeat that the world makes us feel sometimes.
Seek help. Keep God close.
Daylight comes at the end of the dark.
And if we're to live in the tunnel, remember that God is there with you.

Many times I've had my back against a wall far bigger than I could possibly climb. It was as if I were cursed. So much so I could see no light at the end of the tunnel. So much so it almost drove me mad. And every time, with patience and perseverance, it worked out, often in unexpected ways.

Do not despair. God is in someway, in all of these things. Give thanks in "all things." Hope. Always. Let these be your life's traveling companions.

Many times I've had my back against a wall far bigger than I could possibly climb. It was as if I were cursed. So much so I could see no light at the end of the tunnel. So much so it almost drove me mad. And every time, with patience and perseverance, it worked out, often in unexpected ways.

Do not despair. God is in someway, in all of these things. Give thanks in "all things." Hope. Always. Let these be your life's traveling companions.
:goodpost

Back