Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Preterism uses Matthew 10:23 as a proof text. is it ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jerrydb let me ask you this ,,, if JLB will be so kind as to allow you to answer :hips :)

what do you make of the differences between what Jesus said to Mary and Thomas..
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Joh_20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
reba.To answer your question I must back up a little into the Old Testament. Why was Jesus baptized? I believe he was baptized to become our high priest.Num 4:39 from 30 years old and upward even unto fifty years old,every one that entereth into the service, for the work in the tabernacle ofthe congregation Luke 3:23. And Jesus himself began to be about 30 years of age, being( as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.Moses was told to make the tabernacle and every thing in it after the pattern in heaven .there is a mercy seat in heaven. Hebrews 9:12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place having obtained eternal redemption for us. I believe he could have been defiled if touched before he applyed the blood on the mercy seat. He then returned and presented himself to the 11 and invited Thomas to see and feel the nail prints,proof of his death,burial and resurrection

We shall have a body like his philippians 3;21 Who shall change our vile body,that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself

Jerry

It's always good to remember that your audience might not all be mind readers... and it goes double when you aren't there speaking to them, but only leaving a written message.

Murphy's Law: If you CAN be misunderstood, you WILL be.
lol, #25 when the pin is pulled, mr grenade isn't your friend

reba.To answer your question I must back up a little into the Old Testament. Why was Jesus baptized? I believe he was baptized to become our high priest.Num 4:39 from 30 years old and upward even unto fifty years old,every one that entereth into the service, for the work in the tabernacle ofthe congregation Luke 3:23. And Jesus himself began to be about 30 years of age, being( as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.Moses was told to make the tabernacle and every thing in it after the pattern in heaven .there is a mercy seat in heaven. Hebrews 9:12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place having obtained eternal redemption for us. I believe he could have been defiled if touched before he applyed the blood on the mercy seat. He then returned and presented himself to the 11 and invited Thomas to see and feel the nail prints,proof of his death,burial and resurrection

We shall have a body like his philippians 3;21 Who shall change our vile body,that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself

Jerry
so you believe He ascended and returned?

Added often in the forums a direct question like the one i just asked sounds like a challenge . To let you know it is not a challenge we agree

As I said, a little bit of gas in the water makes it undrinkable. Even a tiny speck of Preterism is way out to the land of errors and confusion.

Folks like to cover their crazy doctrines in the pretence of Partial, or lean toward a bit wording to hide what they have become. A confused Wolf in sheep cloths, not even a wolf that can think straight, and crippled by it's own loss of smell or sense of direction.

Mike.

Have you shared this little gem with Pepsi and Coca-Cola?

Carbonated water,yes bad too.really.yes let me see.its a wolf I am when I believe I'm Jesus and I'm a physical decedent of Abraham just like the early church under which Paul says we that are alive at his return will meet him in the air..those jews who practiced the torah in their youth ,believed in Jesus, versus jews of today who practice a shell of what God gave man at horeb.yes the later will be in the land but not the early church.but there is no distinction of such.a jew who believes is in Jesus is part of romans 10,11

Have you shared this little gem with Pepsi and Coca-Cola?

I think it was Pepsi that was using dead baby parts to flavour products. They claimed to have stopped this research, but I don't drink either beverage as it's just water full of sugar and other things that eat through metal.

As I said, a little bit of gas in the water makes it undrinkable. Even a tiny speck of Preterism is way out to the land of errors and confusion.

Folks like to cover their crazy doctrines in the pretence of Partial, or lean toward a bit wording to hide what they have become. A confused Wolf in sheep cloths, not even a wolf that can think straight, and crippled by it's own loss of smell or sense of direction.

Mike.

Full Preterism = Heresy

Partial Preterism = Partial Heresy

JLB

Have any of the proficy in the New Testament been fulfilled?

i can think of at least one.. :wave

II Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

tob

i can think of at least one.. :wave

II Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

tob

Congratulations! You're a partial preterist!

Preterists of any sort have issues understanding the differences between partially fulfilled prophecy and dual fulfilled prophecy. The scattering of Israel and the destruction of the physical temple is a great example of "dual" prophecy, only one part being fulfilled at the time, yet pointing to another fulfillment on the horizon, when our own physical temples are destroyed by death, and raised in the Body of Christ.

Here is another sight of a similar observance, for baptism and various spiritual matters:

1 Corinthians 10
1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Active faith in Christ can take on many forms of showings, even in the present, and be "figurative" in similar ways, to what transpired prior. Preterism in general has a hard literal bent that is not justifiable sight.

There has been, in the figurative sense, millions if not billions of temples destroyed, here for example:

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

O.T. temple studies are, in many ways, figurative to our present walk in faith.

I'd like to know why...

II Thessalonians 2:II Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

makes me a sort a kind a partial preterist?

tob

*edit: could this have something to do with it?

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/fathers-on-antichrist.htm

I'd like to know why...

II Thessalonians 2:II Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

makes me a sort a kind a partial preterist?

tob

*edit: could this have something to do with it?

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/fathers-on-antichrist.htm

Makes you a believer of scripture.

A person who believes what the scriptures say, a workman who is able to rightly divide the word of truth.

That's what is makes you.

Not a partial preterist.

I like the way Brother Mike said it -

Folks like to cover their crazy doctrines in the pretense of Partial, or lean toward a bit wording to hide what they have become. A confused Wolf in sheep cloths, not even a wolf that can think straight, and crippled by it's own loss of smell or sense of direction.

JLB

so you believe He ascended and returned?

Added often in the forums a direct question like the one i just asked sounds like a challenge . To let you know it is not a challenge we agree

I'VE JUST BECOME A PRETERIST TODAY.
SO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?

Back