Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Protection from God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

BarryG

Hi,

This is my very first post here, and I feel it's good to open my account with my testimony.

For this, I need to mention the background.

For years, I have been fighting to build my business, but times have been hard. However, this year God has been working wonders and opened new doors that allow me to build a more sustainable base. But that is not what my testimony is about.

I have been searching for a new car since my previous car broke down on a busy highway in a dangerous spot. I didn't have the money to repair it, as the garage asked too much. But since then, God has taken control of the situation and guided both my wife and I through this process.

First, I was given the ability to produce the work to have the money available for another car to replace the previous one, and more work going forward. But the plan to protect me was still to come.

I found a car on the Internet. It seemed a bargain. The company was based some 200 miles from my home, and I checked their Google reviews. A total of 49 reviews with a rating of 4.7 seemed good. So, I contacted them.

I loved the car. Everything was perfect, and I had the money to purchase the car outright and even have it delivered the 200 miles. So, I went to their website to buy the car after checking out as much as I possibly could.

And then there was a problem.

When buying the car, something appeared called 'Paint Protection' and they wanted extra money. I was able to remove the over-extended warranty and even their admin fee from the cost, but I couldn't remove this added extra even though their website clearly stated I could.

Annoyed and confused, I contacted their live chat who told me someone would call me. Nobody did the rest of that day.

Where I live in Scotland, we have to take our rubbish bins out to have them emptied. I took my bin out and saw my neighbour at his car. We chatted a bit about work and then went to go our own way. Then, some 3 minutes after we last spoke he turned to me and said how he had bought a car from Ebay a few years ago and it was a scam and the guy stole his money. He then carried on.

My neighbour doesn't know my car broke down or that I was looking at buying a new one. We weren't talking about cars or people being scammed or anything. I told my wife about the strange interaction, and we both felt it was odd.

This morning, I saw myself looking at the time and it was 11am and nobody had called me. I checked my phone and my email before clicking on a reference link in the email the company had sent me yesterday. It took me to an empty page.

Believing the company had sold the car from under my nose, I went to their website to tell them how annoyed I was. But their website wasn't there. Instead, I got that Google warning about your details are not safe and about scammers stealing from you. I then searched their name on Google, and by their Google listing it stated 'Permanently Closed' and even their Facebook page was gone.

Also, their reviews had dropped in number from 49 to 19. All that was left were recent reviews detailing how they had taken money from people for cars and not delivered them.

My wife and I had been praying, asking God to help us find a car. Instead of helping us find a car at this time, he stopped us from having all of our money stolen from us even using something called 'Protection' and the interaction with my neighbour is the strangest part.

We are so grateful that we now have the money to repair our car and get back on the road and know God is there protecting us. At times, it may not appear obvious what's going on or that something is part of his plan. But when you do realise it, then it becomes even more powerful.

Hi BarryG and welcome to CF :wave2

Great testimony. God is good.

It's sad with all these scams, especially on Facebook that make everything look so good and a reasonable price, but once you send them the money they take it and run. One thing I found is that reviews are also a part of their scam as they make up these names and star ratings to make them sound legit. My philosophy in making a big purchase like that is to never use the internet unless I can go see it and look it over and make sure they have a clear title and registration. Thank God that He had you covered from that predator and you got your car fixed.

God bless you and your wife :)

an update...

My wife has agoraphobia, so having our own vehicle to get around is essential. Our vehicle was due to be repaired in 7 days time. The thought of another week (after already taking over a week to this point) stretching out in front of us was tough.

Today, the booking for the repair became Monday instead of later in the week. Also, the cost of the repair dropped by £150 to when the booking was made yesterday. This is at the same garage (which had no availability until later next week when I saw them yesterday) so we now only have the weekend to go until we get back on the road. While I know they can have a cancellation, it's the drop in price for the same repair that has amazed us.

The thing is...when we got this car, we had prayed for a car. This one was at an amazing price for both the age and the mileage. I saw it and then it vanished. Then, when I had the amount of money I required to buy the car...it appeared again allowing me to get it.

My friend is a mechanic, and he was stunned at the car. The things that he would have expected to have seen on the car just hadn't happened. Things that should have been replaced on the car lasted significantly longer than they really should have. We said at the time how it felt that the car was from God, and it seems that it's still the case today some 5 years later.

an update...

My wife has agoraphobia, so having our own vehicle to get around is essential. Our vehicle was due to be repaired in 7 days time. The thought of another week (after already taking over a week to this point) stretching out in front of us was tough.

Today, the booking for the repair became Monday instead of later in the week. Also, the cost of the repair dropped by £150 to when the booking was made yesterday. This is at the same garage (which had no availability until later next week when I saw them yesterday) so we now only have the weekend to go until we get back on the road. While I know they can have a cancellation, it's the drop in price for the same repair that has amazed us.

The thing is...when we got this car, we had prayed for a car. This one was at an amazing price for both the age and the mileage. I saw it and then it vanished. Then, when I had the amount of money I required to buy the car...it appeared again allowing me to get it.

My friend is a mechanic, and he was stunned at the car. The things that he would have expected to have seen on the car just hadn't happened. Things that should have been replaced on the car lasted significantly longer than they really should have. We said at the time how it felt that the car was from God, and it seems that it's still the case today some 5 years later.
That's amazing. I feel the same way when my husband and I bought our house a couple years ago. It is the first house we ever bought and after looking at a few houses I walked into this one and heard God say you are home. This will be our forever home.

Hi,

This is my very first post here, and I feel it's good to open my account with my testimony.

For this, I need to mention the background.

For years, I have been fighting to build my business, but times have been hard. However, this year God has been working wonders and opened new doors that allow me to build a more sustainable base. But that is not what my testimony is about.

I have been searching for a new car since my previous car broke down on a busy highway in a dangerous spot. I didn't have the money to repair it, as the garage asked too much. But since then, God has taken control of the situation and guided both my wife and I through this process.

First, I was given the ability to produce the work to have the money available for another car to replace the previous one, and more work going forward. But the plan to protect me was still to come.

I found a car on the Internet. It seemed a bargain. The company was based some 200 miles from my home, and I checked their Google reviews. A total of 49 reviews with a rating of 4.7 seemed good. So, I contacted them.

I loved the car. Everything was perfect, and I had the money to purchase the car outright and even have it delivered the 200 miles. So, I went to their website to buy the car after checking out as much as I possibly could.

And then there was a problem.

When buying the car, something appeared called 'Paint Protection' and they wanted extra money. I was able to remove the over-extended warranty and even their admin fee from the cost, but I couldn't remove this added extra even though their website clearly stated I could.

Annoyed and confused, I contacted their live chat who told me someone would call me. Nobody did the rest of that day.

Where I live in Scotland, we have to take our rubbish bins out to have them emptied. I took my bin out and saw my neighbour at his car. We chatted a bit about work and then went to go our own way. Then, some 3 minutes after we last spoke he turned to me and said how he had bought a car from Ebay a few years ago and it was a scam and the guy stole his money. He then carried on.

My neighbour doesn't know my car broke down or that I was looking at buying a new one. We weren't talking about cars or people being scammed or anything. I told my wife about the strange interaction, and we both felt it was odd.

This morning, I saw myself looking at the time and it was 11am and nobody had called me. I checked my phone and my email before clicking on a reference link in the email the company had sent me yesterday. It took me to an empty page.

Believing the company had sold the car from under my nose, I went to their website to tell them how annoyed I was. But their website wasn't there. Instead, I got that Google warning about your details are not safe and about scammers stealing from you. I then searched their name on Google, and by their Google listing it stated 'Permanently Closed' and even their Facebook page was gone.

Also, their reviews had dropped in number from 49 to 19. All that was left were recent reviews detailing how they had taken money from people for cars and not delivered them.

My wife and I had been praying, asking God to help us find a car. Instead of helping us find a car at this time, he stopped us from having all of our money stolen from us even using something called 'Protection' and the interaction with my neighbour is the strangest part.

We are so grateful that we now have the money to repair our car and get back on the road and know God is there protecting us. At times, it may not appear obvious what's going on or that something is part of his plan. But when you do realise it, then it becomes even more powerful.

That's a great testimony! God had your back in the situation. Praise the Lord He is so good to us!

Back