Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Proverbs 16:4

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Of course there are no scriptures saying false understandings we have today aren’t true. But what we do have is what the authors thought about the matters.

James says the reason we sin is not because we have a sin nature or carnal mind we can’t help, but because we want and don’t have. Surely you know that passage. It was the golden opportunity to explain sin in the theology that it’s our nature and he did the opposite.

Now, have you ever met someone whose mind is, in modern terms, in the gutter? That’s a carnal mind set on sensual pleasures. Those people probably never have a pure thought. I don’t like being around them as only filth comes out.

If we look at that very interesting exchange between God and Cain we, again, see God Almighty laying the responsibility directly in Cain in his struggle with sin. What did God say? Sin is crouching at the door. Sin was OUTSIDE of him and wanted in. He, Cain, needed to defeat it. There’s no mention of his father Adam’s sinful nature he couldn’t help. God said it was his choice.

But Crossnote, if you keep
going down this path, you’ll find a new freedom but also the weight of your own choice. They’ll be no excuse for sin anymore. And what is worse, those in the church who strongly hold that excuse will not like being told that sin is their own choice and they could have resisted. There is NO sin that He doesn’t provide an escape for…if we want the escape.

(Do you recognize the scriptures woven in the above?)
Sorry, since you ignored my request to back up your assertions and objections with Scripture, I’ll ignore your posts until you do.
I barely recognized any ‘Scriptures ‘woven’ above, only the twisting of yarn. Whatever happened to ‘it is written’?

Sorry, since you ignored my request to back up your assertions and objections with Scripture, I’ll ignore your posts until you do.
I barely recognized any ‘Scriptures ‘woven’ above, only the twisting of yarn. Whatever happened to ‘it is written’?
Ok, so you don’t know the scriptures well enough to recognize the quotes. You don’t know the story of Cain or the verses in James but need me to tell you where these are in scripture. Instead of looking them up as you would have to do if I gave the reference you falsely accuse me of ignoring you.

So look here they are:
James chapter 1 for the reason we sin
Genesis 4 for Cain
1 Corinthians 10: 13

If you read the Bible a lot you’ll be hard pressed to maintain your theology without a black marker to help you.

There is no “old Adamic nature”in scripture. We sin because “we want and don’t have. We don’t have because we don’t ask. We ask and don’t receive because we ask with wrong motives.”

But it still comes down to free will. God has given man a free will and so we wind up reaping what we sow. A very lot of evil has been brought forth because of man's free will. But it seems like most people don't want to accept the responsibility for their actions. (Let's blame God for creating evil). It doesn't work that way.

God didn't tell you to go commit fornication.
It wasn't God's idea for you rob that 7-11 store.
God doesn't tempt man. Man stumbles around blindly making poor choices which only bring poor fruit.

So the transforming of ones mind takes place with a continued repentance of heart, and the beginning of...(wait for it...)...

Obediance. So if you are not obediant and you continue to sin, then life will not go well for you. If one is lacking in Love, There is Disobediance.

In my neighborhood there is what is called ‘bully birds’ aka mockingbirds. Good bye.
Ah, the double standard. You can accuse me of ignoring your request for scripture (which shows you don’t recognize scripture unless there’s a HERE’S A SCRIPTURE COMING,) but if I tell you that you’ll need to mark out some passages (that you don’t know are there), you leave.

When christians, who embraced false doctrine, stand before Him to give an account of their theology and they try to say they held that theology “sincerely,” He just needs to show them the moments when they were faced with contradictory verses and they said something uncomplimentary to the messenger and ran away. “Sincere” will dissolve.

LOL, how do you know I don't have one?
Because I asked a question?
Biblical theology does not mean that my theology is Biblical and yours is not. It is a form of understanding the Bible.
Seminaries have different studies you can study or specialize in:
Natural Theology
Biblical Theology
Historical Theology
Systematic Theology
Dogmatic Theology
Practical Theology
And now today, there is probably feminist theology and a few others.

I see Biblical theology as seeing the Bible as a whole, while for example systematic theology divides up into topics like:
God
Man (anthropology)
Christ
Holy Spirit
The Church
Baptism and on and on.

A lot of people are more systematic in that they know and study everything they can find out about baptism or sanctification and so forth, but have never really understood how it all fits together.

Biblical theology does not mean that my theology is Biblical and yours is not. It is a form of understanding the Bible.
Seminaries have different studies you can study or specialize in:
Natural Theology
Biblical Theology
Historical Theology
Systematic Theology
Dogmatic Theology
Practical Theology
And now today, there is probably feminist theology and a few others.

I see Biblical theology as seeing the Bible as a whole, while for example systematic theology divides up into topics like:
God
Man (anthropology)
Christ
Holy Spirit
The Church
Baptism and on and on.

A lot of people are more systematic in that they know and study everything they can find out about baptism or sanctification and so forth, but have never really understood how it all fits together.
Have you ever took a close look at the systematic books, Hodge, Grudem, Berkhof etc., and notice one topic missing that the Bible speaks on more than most of the other topics? That topic is Israeleology (the study of Israel), yet it covers about 2/3rds of Scripture.

Ah, the double standard. You can accuse me of ignoring your request for scripture (which shows you don’t recognize scripture unless there’s a HERE’S A SCRIPTURE COMING,) but if I tell you that you’ll need to mark out some passages (that you don’t know are there), you leave.

When christians, who embraced false doctrine, stand before Him to give an account of their theology and they try to say they held that theology “sincerely,” He just needs to show them the moments when they were faced with contradictory verses and they said something uncomplimentary to the messenger and ran away. “Sincere” will dissolve.
I see you insist on talking to yourself.

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility — not willingly but because of God who subjected it — in hope...
So God ordained the Fall?

Paul told you no less than 6 times... All things are from God!
See Rom. 11:36; 1 Cor. 8:6, and 11:12; 2 Cor. 5:18; Eph. 1:11, and Heb. 2:10

How is it you came up with the idea that God ordained the Fall? Just from reading Rom 8:20...

Know you know!
Paul

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility — not willingly but because of God who subjected it — in hope...

Paul told you no less than 6 times... All things are from God!
See Rom. 11:36; 1 Cor. 8:6, and 11:12; 2 Cor. 5:18; Eph. 1:11, and Heb. 2:10

How is it you came up with the idea that God ordained the Fall? Just from reading Rom 8:20...

Know you know!
Paul
Well, if all things are from God, then didn’t God ordain the Fall?

Have you ever took a close look at the systematic books, Hodge, Grudem, Berkhof etc., and notice one topic missing that the Bible speaks on more than most of the other topics? That topic is Israeleology (the study of Israel), yet it covers about 2/3rds of Scripture.
Yeah, I have read all 3 of those plus a few more. That missing topic is why I started reading Biblical Theological books.

I think it is Intervarsity Press that has come out with a 34 volume New Studies in Biblical Theology. I have read a couple of them.
volume 14: From Every People and Nation: A Biblical Theology of Race
vol. 3 Jesus and the Logic of History
Vol. 17: The Temple and the Church’s Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God

This page lists the books:
While none of the books have the word Israel in the title, it gives a short summary of each book and if you search for the word "Israel" on the page, you will find Israel mentioned a lot in the summaries.

Well, if all things are from God, then didn’t God ordain the Fall?
Now... Your starting to see... Of course God did!
Pay attention...

Isa 63:17 O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear?
Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath
subjected the same in hope,

LET'S REVIEW....
Ecc 3:10 I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity5769 in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

KJV Ecc 3:10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world5769 in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

H5769 עלם עולם ‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm
o-lawm', o-lawm'
From H5956; properly concealed, that is, the vanishing point; generally time out of mind

Translation: Ecc 3:11... So God makes everything proper and appropriate for His Plan, but He has put obscurity in their hearts.. so that, or in order that they cannot know or understand what it is that He is doing to them in this human existence we call life.

Be Careful...
Mar 4:15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes
and takes away the word
that is sown in them.

Your just starting to see... Don't let Satan come and take away the word that is sown in you!!!
Paul

Now... Your starting to see... Of course God did!
Pay attention...

Isa 63:17 O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear?
Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath
subjected the same in hope,

LET'S REVIEW....
Ecc 3:10 I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity5769 in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

KJV Ecc 3:10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world5769 in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

H5769 עלם עולם ‛ôlâm ‛ôlâm
o-lawm', o-lawm'
From H5956; properly concealed, that is, the vanishing point; generally time out of mind

Translation: Ecc 3:11... So God makes everything proper and appropriate for His Plan, but He has put obscurity in their hearts.. so that, or in order that they cannot know or understand what it is that He is doing to them in this human existence we call life.

Be Careful...
Mar 4:15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes
and takes away the word
that is sown in them.

Your just starting to see... Don't let Satan come and take away the word that is sown in you!!!
Paul
I believe your last line earns you the ChristianForums condescension award.
What you have said above (except the last line) I have believed all along.
Could you tell me something I have said you disagree with, and then maybe we can have a conversation?

I believe your last line earns you the ChristianForums condescension award.
What you have said above (except the last line) I have believed all along.
Could you tell me something I have said you disagree with, and then maybe we can have a conversation?
So you saying... Satan has not come taken away the word that is sown in you...

Good to know! Note... I was asking.... and saying be careful.... I never said Satan did!!!

Don't be so sensitive!
Paul

So you saying... Satan has not come taken away the word that is sown in you...

Good to know! Note... I was asking.... and saying be careful.... I never said Satan did!!!

Don't be so sensitive!
Paul
Like I said, maybe when you point out something I said you don’t agree with, maybe we can have a conversation.
I never said you said satan did. Whatever.

At first blush, it sounds ‘woke’. Was it?
IVP …wouldn’t surprise me.
Job21:3 Bear with me, and I will speak, and after I have spoken, mock on.

The book was written in 2008, almost 14 years ago, I don't think "woke" was that much in fashion back then.
Here is a slight summary:

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language . . ." (Revelation 7:9). The visions in the book of Revelation give a glimpse of the people of God at the consummation of history―a multiethnic congregation gathered together in worship around God's throne. Its racial diversity is expressed in a fourfold formula that first appears in Genesis 10. The theme of race runs throughout Scripture, constantly pointing to the global and multiethnic dimensions inherent in the overarching plan of God. In response to the neglect of this theme in much evangelical biblical scholarship, J. Daniel Hays offers this thorough exegetical work in the New Studies in Biblical Theology series. As well as focusing on texts which have a general bearing on race, Hays demonstrates that black Africans from Cush (Ethiopia) play an important role in both Old and New Testament history. This careful, nuanced analysis provides a clear theological foundation for life in contemporary multiracial cultures and challenges churches to pursue racial unity in Christ.

What gymnastics do free willers use to explain this verse?

Proverbs 16:4 (KJV) The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
This verse means God defines what is wicked and evil. God setting the parameters does not mean he wants mankind to be wicked so he can destroy or torment sinners.

Back