Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Questions about a certain Bible verse. Would like all input.

Corym

I recently read these two verses from the Bible, and I am having questions about it.

Genesis 1; 29-30

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so."

When I first read this, I didn't think too much of it. But then I reread it. Very carefully.
Then, the first thing that popped into my head was "...Tobacco and marijuana are plants..". These plants are looked down upon, but God Himself said that every herb bearing seed is for man, and for us to consume.

I really didn't know what to think of this, so I figured I would make a thread here and see what you guys thought.

Please stay on topic guys, as I want a very mature, unbiased response.

Well, In most cases people do not eat pot and tabacco they usually smoke it which was not the purpose God gave it for.

Sometimes however people do eat pot putting it in foods etc... the question then is for what purpose are you using it? He gave it for food so are they eating it for food because it makes a good salad or to get high which is witchcraft?- my guess is usually to get high.

Okay, now a more in depth question: Why would he put the THC in the marijuana? If it wasn't for the THC, the weed would have no mind altering abilities.

Corym said:
Okay, now a more in depth question: Why would he put the THC in the marijuana? If it wasn't for the THC, the weed would have no mind altering abilities.
are you wanting to smoke this stuff and not feel guilty?

and also there might some medicinals purpose to thc or a deritive of it that isnt so mind altering

many drugs are actually from plants or other natural things
lipitor= omega 3 oils
aspirin was in a plant
phenylbarbitual= used for siezures and is in a plant
penicillin= mold makes this stuff

and so on.

and the drug marinol is the legal medicine version of pot. the whole lets make pot good for medicinal use is moot as the drug marinol has been in use since the late 80's.

jasoncran said:
Corym said:
are you wanting to smoke this stuff and not feel guilty?

and also there might some medicinals purpose to thc or a deritive of it that isnt so mind altering

many drugs are actually from plants or other natural things
lipitor= omega 3 oils
aspirin was in a plant
phenylbarbitual= used for siezures and is in a plant
penicillin= mold makes this stuff

and so on.

and the drug marinol is the legal medicine version of pot. the whole lets make pot good for medicinal use is moot as the drug marinol has been in use since the late 80's.

I agree, Jason. There is medicinal value in a lot of herbs and plants. While God created us to be healthy, sin entered in and it's a mark of His grace that He gave us herbs and plants for healing. It would be taking license with His grace to use these things to become high (or drunk) and lose the self-control that He commands of us.

Its a synthetic medication. Why not use the real thing, which would probably be safer,than a man altered substance?

because you dont smoke it. less risk of cancer from that. though thc's are carcinogens.

besides reasearch has shown the mj has very little effictiveness over what is already devoloped.

big pharms would jump on this if they thought it had a chance to benefit and be effective enough to make mullah.

Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked. In fact, most of the people who have obtained MMJ bake with it, so that they don't have to smoke it.

Corym said:
Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked. In fact, most of the people who have obtained MMJ bake with it, so that they don't have to smoke it.
yes, but you are STILL getting those impurities.

think about it, you want to buy a low grade medicine,less refined.or higher refined medicine? and cooking or baking it might have the effect of reducing the effectiveness as substance is lost.

ie the like of eating raw carrots.spinach vs cooking them.

when we cook or bake something heat is used and that may add carcinogens. there's an article on the lack of regualation on mmj. odd since that should be the point. i will look for it and post it.

Is it a sin to use marijuana? It does grow up from the ground, and it is an herb.

I know that our body is the Lord's temple but we still eat big macs. Is that a sin?

It's a sin to let these things rule our lives. It's a sin not to give glory to God, but is it a sin to use marijuana?

Good topic. I am looking forward to reading what I hope are many lively responses.

i have a lot of headaches and its from my back and feet issues. i dont need mmj to treat this., and when they comeon and are big enough my appepite will die, as i will feel nauseated.

chiropractic and sole inserts are the way for me.

jasoncran said:
Corym said:

think about it, you want to buy a low grade medicine,less refined.or higher refined medicine? and cooking or baking it might have the effect of reducing the effectiveness as substance is lost.

when we cook or bake something heat is used and that may add carcinogens. there's an article on the lack of regualation on mmj. odd since that should be the point. i will look for it and post it.

Carcinogens occur during combustion. Baking with marijuana involves butter infused with extracted thc, it's a low heat process.

Some people are now using vaporizers which heat the herbs to the point of steaming the active ingredients off the plant by passing hot air over the tobacco or herbs. This is done by a variety of methods. The user inhales a steamy mist of nicotine or herbal content without ever lighting anything up. Studies have shown this method to be much healthier than traditional smoking.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... _smok.html

sounds like its smoked to me
coryn can you answer me this, how many people in this country are that sick that need all this attention legalise pot?

i want to see how have aids, glaucoma, and undergo chemo vs the general population. and also the stats on the drugs that are already in use to handle the loss of appetite.

i simply dont think that we have all those persons who have"head aches". and so on.

As I said in another thread about marijuana, people can have a beer or a glass of wine without the intent to get drunk. Medical marijuana aside, no one smokes pot for any reason but to get high. Comparing pot to a Big Mac? :confused

I can't say I agree with your link jason. I see it as propaganda; the government trying to keep people from thinking positive of the plant. I have found many websites that disagree, and say other things than that website. The only places I will see the same information said similar to your post is from government websites.

For example - http://www.doitnow.org/pages/126.html

This makes understanding any drug hard for me, as its hard to believe either side.

ronniechoate34 said:
jasoncran said:
Corym said:

Carcinogens occur during combustion. Baking with marijuana involves butter infused with extracted thc, it's a low heat process.

Some people are now using vaporizers which heat the herbs to the point of steaming the active ingredients off the plant by passing hot air over the tobacco or herbs. This is done by a variety of methods. The user inhales a steamy mist of nicotine or herbal content without ever lighting anything up. Studies have shown this method to be much healthier than traditional smoking.
those are called electric cigareetes are just as bad to the smoker as you still get the nicotine and thc is in cigaretes.

if that is the case then why is the only ones(centers) are using smoked forms and post that info. from a non pro pot sight.

Back