Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Racism, Really?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WIP

Staff member
This morning on CBS news there was a story about a woman accusing a 14-year old boy of stealing her cell phone. Turned out she was wrong. It was later found in an Uber car. Apparently the parents of the boy are asking for charges claiming racial profiling because she was white and he was black. The headline across the screen read, "White woman accuses 14-year old black boy of stealing her cell phone."

Since when is it racist for a white girl to accuse a black person? That in itself is not racist. Would the story have been aired if the person she accused was white? I could see it now. "White girl accuses white boy." Sounds to me more like an attempt to add fuel to a fire or start a fire. She being white and he being black does not make it racial any more than she being female and he being male makes it a gender discrimination case or she being an adult and he being a minor makes it a case of age discrimination.

Last edited:
I watched the CBS coverage on Youtube and it looks like the concern is over the fact that the woman walked up to the black family and was accusing the kid with no evidence. Then tackled the kid when things did not go her way.

Looks like a Karen being a Karen.

This morning on CBS news there was a story about a woman accusing a 14-year old boy of stealing her cell phone. Turned out she was wrong. It was later found in an Uber car. Apparently the parents of the boy are asking for charges claiming racial profiling because she was white and he was black. The headline across the screen read, "White woman accuses 14-year old black boy of stealing her cell phone."

Since when is it racist for a white girl to accuse a black person? That in itself is not racist. Would the story have been aired if the person she accused was white? I could see it now. "White girl accuses white boy." Sounds to me more like an attempt to add fuel to a fire or start a fire. She being white and he being black does not make it racial any more than she being female and he being male makes it a gender discrimination case or she being an adult and he being a minor makes it a case of age discrimination.

You ask...Since when? Do you think this is 'just now' occurring? My how people are so inept to what has been taking place.

It all started with 'Civil Rights'. Making a race 'equal' by law, who were not equal. Ok. They, the black race, are placed on equal footing...by law. They form their racist groups, the NAACP for example, to further their cause. That is not considered racist, though it is for their race alone. Whites are to keep their head down in shame and let the blacks be racist because...well just because we are white.

But, guess what? Civil Rights wasn't working. Equal footing wasn't working. The black man still couldn't do it. Why? Because we are not equal. But of course the blacks couldn't accept that. It must always be the white mans fault. So enter 'Affirmative Action'.

Affirmative Action removes the whites who have excelled and deserve to be rewarded and gives position to the blacks, who have not achieved, simply because they are black. Equality didn't work. So we must move to preferential treatment. All on the base of 'race'. But of course that is not racism because it gives advantage to blacks. How stupid can Americans get.

And yet all seem so surprised that a white policeman can't shoot a black man anymore cause he is black. And now a white girl can't accuse a black person because he is black.

To all who are so surprised at this, you deserve it, for your head has been in the sand for years, which has helped cause it.

Quantrill

You ask...Since when? Do you think this is 'just now' occurring? My how people are so inept to what has been taking place.

It all started with 'Civil Rights'. Making a race 'equal' by law, who were not equal. Ok. They, the black race, are placed on equal footing...by law. They form their racist groups, the NAACP for example, to further their cause. That is not considered racist, though it is for their race alone. Whites are to keep their head down in shame and let the blacks be racist because...well just because we are white.

But, guess what? Civil Rights wasn't working. Equal footing wasn't working. The black man still couldn't do it. Why? Because we are not equal. But of course the blacks couldn't accept that. It must always be the white mans fault. So enter 'Affirmative Action'.

Affirmative Action removes the whites who have excelled and deserve to be rewarded and gives position to the blacks, who have not achieved, simply because they are black. Equality didn't work. So we must move to preferential treatment. All on the base of 'race'. But of course that is not racism because it gives advantage to blacks. How stupid can Americans get.

And yet all seem so surprised that a white policeman can't shoot a black man anymore cause he is black. And now a white girl can't accuse a black person because he is black.

To all who are so surprised at this, you deserve it, for your head has been in the sand for years, which has helped cause it.

Quantrill
Yes, there is inequality but I get the impression that you're position is deeper than that. Am I correct that you believe blacks are inferior to whites? If so, I don't agree with that at all and that is a racist view.

The NAACP's primary purpose is to work toward abolishing racial discrimination. That in itself would not be a racist motive but actually a very good one. I do not know how well they have stayed true to that purpose and whether or not they have pushed agendas aimed at promoting the black race above any other. That would be a racist agenda.

Affirmative action in my opinion is a racist idea that gives gender, race, creed, color and nationality favoritism above others, primarily whites. That's reverse prejudice and two wrongs do not make a right.

I believe we have come a long way over the past 100 years but there is still much to be done but what has been happening lately is not the right path to take. It is actually fostering more hatred and fueling more racism. Two of my brothers-in-law have even said it plain. One of them told me, "I was never racist before but lately I am becoming racist against blacks in particular." This is what has been happening in recent months.

I watched the CBS coverage on Youtube and it looks like the concern is over the fact that the woman walked up to the black family and was accusing the kid with no evidence. Then tackled the kid when things did not go her way.

She made it worse for herself then.

Maybe. I found a copy of the video from CBS news. We don't know what transpired prior to the video recording that may have prompted her to believe he had her phone. In the video you can hear her say that the phone case was hers so if she thought he had it and sees a case like hers it could add to the evidence that gives her suspicion.

According to the father of the boy, they encountered her when they exited the elevator. Why she would make the accusation at that point is not known. If this was her first encounter with the boy, is not known.

At the same time, her reaction seemed a bit over-the-top as well as the father's reaction. Assuming this is the first time she approached the boy about it, she could have simply just asked him to make sure he had the right phone. The boy and the father seemed uninterested in simply proving they did not have her phone, which is also confrontational.

I picture myself in his place. If someone approached me because they thought I had either intentionally or mistakenly taken their phone, I would simply show them that the phone in my possession was in fact mine. That's not hard to do. People make mistakes.

Maybe at first she did just ask him to make sure but the boy got confrontational prompting her confrontational response. Of course once things escalated that's when the musician became interested in recording the events and so what we're left with is a slanted view of the events. There are a lot of unknowns and this is how things get twisted way out of proportion very fast.

The report also talked about how she scratched one of them, I don't recall which one. I'm guessing she tried to take the phone out of their hands and that's how they got scratched. That is assault and that is what the father is asking for charges for. Personally, it seems a bit over-the-top too but it is what it is.

There's nothing in the video, however, that indicates it is racially motivated unless it is automatically considered racial because people of different skin colors are involved. People make false accusations all the time. Yes, sometimes it is intentional and that would be a sin but a lot of times it is a mistake. I have done it myself thinking that someone did something or failed to do something but I was wrong. That's when we can just own it and apologize for our error. Perhaps if the boy had simply shown her that the phone was not hers, that would have happened and it would not have escalated further.

I've heard similar phrases before about Karens. What does that mean?
A "Karen" is usually a busy body ( Most of the time a white middle aged female but can be male and any race), that is rude, entitled, and or demanding of a person's time.

Its basically a person who gets involved in a person's business and has an air of entitlement around them.

Warning: Language

I've heard similar phrases before about Karens. What does that mean?
Its a generic term for the stereotypical bored/angry/egotistical/entitled women who regularly hyperinflate minor issues just to have a reason to complain. For example,the ones we see on a regular basis who are giving an earful to a dept store manager over some absolutely insignificant occurrence that they claim to be deeply offended at.

Its a generic term for the stereotypical bored/angry/egotistical/entitled women who regularly hyperinflate minor issues just to have a reason to complain. For example,the ones we see on a regular basis who are giving an earful to a dept store manager over some absolutely insignificant occurrence that they claim to be deeply offended at.
"Drama queens" might be an appropriate label.

There is a coordinated effort to turn the populace against each other, fed intensely by media coverage which twists context and outright lies to build various narrative.

Black vs white. Male vs female. Cops vs criminals. Left vs right. Meat eaters vs vegans. Taco tuesday vs all day buffet. Anything you can think of is now being used to turn us against each other. People are so malleable that they dont even realize its occurring. Weve lost our ability for free/rational thought and now refuse to have civil discourse. All while losing our ability to even challenge the official narrative when we do choose to think outside the box.

All the while,our rights are being whittled away by the politicians in office. Every year we lose more and more freedom while were busy squabbling with each other..which is the entire goal behind it in my opinion. The more we look at each other the less we pay attention to whats going on behind the curtain. I started noticing this about 10 years ago and since it has escalated year by year. Of course it was occurring long before then,but it was around that time that it started to become painfully noticeable.

Get a grip folks. There walk among us people who use this manufactured strife to create opportunities for themselves and others. We know from the bible that eventually things get bad. Brother turns on brother,father on son,etc. Expect to see worse. As the masses keep getting fed a diet of whatever random narrative and rewarded for acting out in many cases the attitudes and egos will run unchecked so long as they provide sufficient distraction. Do what we can to help them see past their own gullibility and even outright stupidity. Most will stay willfully blind.

Back