Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Raising Our Spiritual Consciousness

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Good question my fellow Shepherd.

When adverse circumstances come my way, I've been a servant/shepherd of my Master Jesus long enough where I turn my attention to....
Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth Yahweh, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of Yahweh, and stay upon his Elohim. (Word of Yahweh)

Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. (KJV)

Adverse circumstances, for me, must be understood. The only One who can direct my path is my Master Jesus, Therefore I must....
Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with the Messiah, seek those things which are above, where the Messiah sitteth on the right hand of Elohim.
3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (Word of Yahweh)

Colossians 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
(ESV)

I have found that in most of my adverse circumstances, there is something for me to learn. How I react to those circumstances, most of the time, will determine how long they will either bother me or bless me....The world, flesh, or the devil may be the author of the circumstances, or, a test from Yahweh has come my way to build my character, faith, and trust in Him.

The Holy Spirit Who is in me, thru prayer for wisdom and understanding, will guide me thru the circumstances, so I'll know how to function so that I can glorify the Name of Jesus instead of responding in the foolish flesh.

I often don't know what to do. But when I am weak I am made strong with wisdom and understanding by the grace of God. I have faith in Christ and His Finished Work. So He is bigger than any problems, solutions, sickness / disease, people, marriage problems, financial problems, enemies, mountains, or anything else I will ever face.

This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NKJV

When a Christian faith is exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., finished work ("The blood of Jesus") and maintained only is this, we have great confidence knowing that God has customized the day for us. Rejoice and be glad in this day; knowing no matter what happens to you this day, the LORD made it and He will take care of it.

For you, LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor will you surround him with a shield. Psalm 5:12 NKJV

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye. Psalm 32:8 NKJV

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way. Psalm 37:23 NKJV

Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way? Proverbs 20:24 TLB

All faith will be tested. And greater faith will be tested more. All character will be refined (Isaiah 48:10 NLT, Psalm 105:19 NLT).

Luke 6:46-49 NKJV - Jesus said , it will be "vehement," i.e., strong with every attempt to destroy.

Build on the Rock
46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? 47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.[h] 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell.[i] And the ruin of that house was great.”

According to the scripture, this will come no matter how much faith a Christian will have. Question? Is this a test for Christians? Did "Job" go through this vicissitude of life?

Many people say that praising God in adverse circumstances is not "realistic". But is moping, complaining, grumbling, and being oppressed with an impending sense of doom and gloom honestly more "real" than having hope – when the truly good and living God is always active in our world and on our side?
How has despair, worry and anxiety been working for us anyway? "Keeping it real", from the angle of some -- will only keep us in defeat!

When you magnify God deliberately enough to be able to see and then praise Him in the most adverse conditions...a dunamis power of God can be released to burst into circumstances and even liberate the 'prisoners' around you.

"About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened" (Acts 16:25-26).

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Adverse circumstances that always seem to come against us are what needs to make us stronger and develop a greater faith and trust in God as He will bring us through and give us the victory everytime

Why God allows us to go through trials and tribulations:
1. Training as God prepares us for the future
2. Patience as we rely and trust in God's timing
3. Perseverance through trials that we remain in Gods will
4. Trust as God's ways are not our ways and He has a better plan for us
5. To learn from out mistakes
6. To humble ourselves before Him
7. To discipline us
8. Teach us to be dependent on Him alone
9. To spend quiet time with God so He can speak to us
10. To teach us of His protection
11. That we also share in the sufferings of Christ that we be not ashamed
12. Strengthen us to become more like Christ
13. To develop character
14. Build up our faith in the Lord
15. For a testimony and witness to help others
16. To show us sin in our lives that we need to own up to having
17. To remind us that God is in control
18. Helps us gain knowledge and understanding God's word
19. Teaches us to be thankful
20. To take our mind off the things of the world and and put them back on God

When you magnify God deliberately enough to be able to see and then praise Him in the most adverse conditions...a dunamis power of God can be released to burst into circumstances and even liberate the 'prisoners' around you.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Having sat under such claims I now cringe whenever I hear that term.

Have you ever considered that dunamis power put them in prison to start with?

Luke 21:
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

IF God in Christ is with us, vs. 17 IS our promised fate in this world.

Back