Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ramble on healthy food needs etc.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gazelle

I began replying in 3 different threads here, and each time realized I was going on about myself, so rather than highjack someone else's thread, I'll ramble here. :)

I'm needing pure stuff. Even foods, I'm so allergic :sad I'm going to go with the new Beyond Organic foods when they begin to be available (In November?)
(Read: answered prayer hehehe JUST FOR ME! ) This is "just in time" for me, as one by one I am having to eliminate a food stuff found in the market. I've had to limit any meat to black angus beef and Perdue chicken as they don't use growth hormones or antibiotics, to which I am also highly allergic. (Hurricanes cause extra issues because then I'm stuck with mostly canned foods and my body doesn't like them at all!)

I tried "organic" foods from Whole Foods etc, but even those, well you just have to know what you're doing and the FDA rules about names/titles of foods is ambiguous and confusing.

Now I find that the "natural" stevia is highly processed and not good either. Sweet is one of the two things I can taste ... so to eliminate stevia saddens me. BUT I can use honey...I'll just have to figure how to manage it , and I am allergic to clover (weeds to my body) so I have to have orange blossom honey to boot.

I'm also allergic to most medications (especially all generics, we think it's the fillers they use)... and so I have been using herbs for many years...God created the herbs/plants for us... medications are synthesized from them... I'm basically allergic to synthetics. Problem is, at times of flares, I ca't manage or even recall what to take when for what...even on a chart I've made, I forget to read it! sigh.

I'm hoping that taking only pure food will help my healing process.

This guy Rubin Jordan has researched why the western food is so unhealthy, why they steer us away from milk and carbs (bread) when God's Word says they are healthy (in that He provided them to the people etc) and indeed, Christ said I am the Bread of Life. If bread was so bad for us (then) He wouldn't have used that analogy...

So Jordan researched and found cattle in the Holy Land that came from the "original" dna or such... healthy... best? IDK really yet... still reading about it all... anyway he brought them to USA and is raising them to eat :biggrin The milk products also from the milk cows... I think he already has a vitamin and mineral line (Garden of Life???) but I haven't used any of his products. Has anyone here?

I've signed up for his free newsletter...I'll let you know if I find something earth shaking?

FREE NEWSLETTER at:
http://www.beyondorganicinsider.com/becomeaninsider.aspx?enroller=9581

Nothing is more organic than a freshly killed deer. :thumbsup

And you could always go to the farmer's markets (if you have them that is).

And you can have all my milk :lol

Congratulations, Gazelle, in the realization there's no longer such thing as a "well balanced" healthy diet any longer. Yes, even that freshly killed deer may have traces of pollution in it, as does your garden. Just print out your post and take that to a doctor next time they claim you don't need supplements and get everything you need in a "healthy well-balanced diet".

This is why I'm so critical of the medical/health/pharmaceutical world despite the criticism I get here and elsewhere. Like most church preaching today, they have some valid doctrine but it is tainted by the leaven they put into it. I'm all for health, but not the liberal twisting in the name of health that's been going on these days. I liked the old health-minded school of thought but that was hijacked by the medical world today. Why? Because nobody with half and ounce of brains is going to believe that drugs will heal over proper nutrition (like they used to say 40-50 years ago). So they feign their belief in nutrition and exercise to sound proper, like adding the name of Jesus to a pagan doctrine, to make it sound legitimate.

But make no mistake ---- their basic doctrine is the same. You know it when they ultimately say, "But when diet and exercise don't help, you need...." and then proceed to tell you what medication you ought to take, even though it does not make you better or make you live any longer.

I'll bet dollars to donuts you were told all the medicines you need for your condition. I feel for you, but I have no real solution in such a world. Just feed your body with the best nutrition you can find is all I can say. Also, accept healing from the Lord. There's something about Spirit-filled people that radiate health, even when they have a so-called "condition" you often do not hear them complain about it.

Thanks for your replies.

Oh nothing so tasty as venison! But alas I can no longer taste it if I had any anyway. :sad But hunting was fun too. ;)

:yes I gave up trusting the FDA and medical doctors long ago (though at times they are a necessary evil).

Just like this push lately to buy a soda and the business will donate $1 to cancer research. How's that work, buy something that will give you cancer but don't worry, by the time you get it we might have a cure thanks to your donation???

Or better yet, on the same topic (cancer) you know what the lab technicians give the lab rats so they can grow their cancer tumors fast for drug company cancer drug testing? Nitrates and nitrites. The FDA allows all packaged meats to contain that... even kosher foods have it (btw) and many packaged food otherwise... and then they wonder why so many more people have cancer??? I even see it in the water report of my city-an allowable amount! No thank you.

I won't get into the fast food here just yet lol (really not funny) ...

You know what I found today? SUGAR in my canned kidney beans! They don't need that...and I pulled a different brand from my stock and nope, no sugar. Back to bagged beans to soak and cook. It's really tough though, I know, to eat healthy these days... but only because people have become too busy (read "too") and some have become lazy. hmmm I remember when there was no fast food... oh wait... yes, when pot pies came out and then... tv dinners.. . they even had to create a new tray table so we could eat them in front of the tv...but then not everyone had a tv, so you had to be rich to buy these meals. doh.

Whew .. got me on a ramble again . :lol

About the milk... it's bad for us because it's not good for us. :toofunny I mean, if it was good food like it used to be, they wouldn't have to try and tell adults that they no longer need milk. Well, yeah, not the milk that is offered today...I doubt children need the milk either.

And these: :coke between the sugar or artificial cancer sweeteners, there's the sodium benzoate preservative they put into them. I just found out last month that they even put it in "brewed" tea that comes from the soda fountain.
Anything that the makers have to wear hazmat suits to finish is not something I think God would want me to put into my body anyway.

Ok. Breathing. Oh I so need this Beyond Organic to be real and work for me.

According to my cousins (who raise them) chickens are stupid-easy to grow. Of course you do need a certain kind of yard to grow them.

I haven't intentionally consumed milk in a decade and I'm just peachy :)

Back