Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

RAPTURE CAN COME ANYDAY BE EXTRA READY !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Yes we need to live our lives for the Lord each day, No the rapture can’t come any day, but comes just after the resurrection of the dead in Christ, and occurs at His coming.

These three distinct things occur at His coming;

The Resurrection of the dead in Christ.
The Rapture of those who are alive and remain.
The destruction of the antichrist.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

JLB

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I think you seem to have the right attitude. There is a doctrine of immenincy and scripture tells us, be ready because I will come at a time that you do not think.

Nobody knows the date and time, not even Jesus. Only the father. I personally think He did it that way to keep His options open. Which is to say, the Father could get disgusted with evil of man and just say, enough is enough! Gather my people.

That said...why are you looking for a Wife if you know that the rapture could be tonight?

I think you seem to have the right attitude. There is a doctrine of immenincy and scripture tells us, be ready because I will come at a time that you do not think.

Nobody knows the date and time, not even Jesus. Only the father. I personally think He did it that way to keep His options open. Which is to say, the Father could get disgusted with evil of man and just say, enough is enough! Gather my people.

That said...why are you looking for a Wife if you know that the rapture could be tonight?
wanna find my other half.

Yeah but she'll just take your time away from the Lord. If it wasnt the last days then I'd say go for it, but it is the last days and remember what Jesus said...
As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the son of man. People were marrying and it was business as usual.

Implying that, preparing for the Lord's return is more important than any good Wife. Especially when time is short. I understand where you're coming from. I miss being married. But what does a man gain if he gains the world and loses his very soul?

You are right. Jesus did not know the day or the hour. BUT he knew the generation--HIS generation. "THIS generation will by no means pass away until ALL THESE THINGS take place" (Mat. 24:34). Those "all things" included His coming on the clouds of heaven and the gather of the elect by His mighty angels from the four winds.

Notice the context of Paul's letter to the Thessalonians. In chapter 1 he commends them for their widely known faith. They are standing firm amid great persecution from the JEWS. Paul assures them, that in their lifetime, THEY will be vindicated and THEY will be given relief. When? AT HIS APPEARING. THEY were rescued personally, in their lifetime, from the trials from the Jews when those Jews were destroyed in the destruction of Jerusalem and the city and the Temple in A.D. 70.

Also, 1 Thessalonians 4 is NOT about us. When Paul wrote "WE," he meant himself and the other saints of HIS day. THEY would not precede the resurrection of the DEAD at Christ's appearing. Who were the DEAD? They were those saints who died before Christ's return. They are the prisoners in SHEOL/HADES. When Christ returned, He freed all in Hades, the righteous and the unrighteous, and judged them according to their position in or lack of position in Christ. At that time, ALL were brought into the body of Christ, the Bride, the everlasting Kingdom, the Church. Since that time, NO ONE goes to Hades. It is destroyed. All believers who live never die; all believers who die yet LIVE. Death IS swallowed up in victory because at the death of the physical body, that which is born of the Spirit lives on. WE NEVER DIE. These are not things we look forward to; they are things we now possess.

Caught up..yes I agree. He never said where you are I will be. The sweet holy Spirit through Paul said "We" not they or them but "we". And Christ I know where He is right now and made me in His Fathers house a place..that is where I will be. When? No clue.. since I would have to take verses out of context text and speculate I will not use those verses that I pray by now we all know. My biggest one is I was not promised tomorrow so why put my faith in a time I might never see? Seems FIATH in this moment pleases my Father and He will never go against my will. If I do not believe and He comes now.. He will not force me. This is what I get from His word. Not form anyone.

The only dream I have ever had about this was a few years ago. In that dream I have never ever in 61 years thats from lol birth till now had a knowing a knowing like no other. Well in the dream there was like 14 seconds left and the clock thing was standing up and down. Maybe a timer but looking out in to space.. "Hes coming Hes really coming". In all my life I have never had that feeling. There was no doubt what so ever.. just a joy like no other.. HE WAS REALLY COMING! Yeah no pre no post. He was coming. Has to be faith the only thing that pleases Him.

personal.. I have been told once ..it was a Sunday we would go Church to Church and sing then pray for the people. That Sunday I went out for a walk alone and said to the lord "I Know you called me I just don't know to what". That night after the preaching we go out to pray for the people I see lol a friend Roy but he was being prayed for. I just knew it was God and thought.. wow maybe if I go over there he will pray for me. NO CLUE why I thought that. I go over and he takes his hands off Roy and says "My son I have called you but you do not know to what but I will open all the doors. You have great faith.....". even after that knowing DUH that was God.. no why in the world could he know all that. But I still asked my pastor can his word be trusted and the pastor said yes.

My point is.. even now to just believe for Gods protection and that He will supply all my needs is hard. To think when Gods wrath is coming on the world and I can not buy anything.. I will never be able to have faith GOD will protect me then and supply all my needs. Yeah if you can't believe for it now..you never will in a time like no other since the world was made. So much evil. ..I could go on but .. not here to preach pre post. I just believe now.. I will be where Christ is.. He can't lie. And I will not believe what some other man says that has no more info then I do. Then when they speculate or add to or take away from Gods word. You know telling me what GODS word really says. I can't do that.. no clue why some try to tell others what His word really says. See if am wrong? Father if I am wrong in any part change me first in Jesus name. I can be wrong. Yet I get a great peace standing believing ready now :) Watching ready

I am curious. How do you who believe this eschatology “get ready?” What exactly do you do differently when you “get ready?”

The rapture is a very dangerous false doctrine as this belief will led one straight to satan
I think that’s going too far. It leads to believers hunkering down and waiting for Jesus’ eminent return (which I think is decades if not centuries or millennia away) but it doesn’t lead to “his lowness” (Satan.)

I think that’s going too far. It leads to believers hunkering down and waiting for Jesus’ eminent return (which I think is decades if not centuries or millennia away) but it doesn’t lead to “his lowness” (Satan.)
The fact is satan comes first pretending to be Christ ,the whole world will believe him except for those with the seal of God
Christ return can't return at anytime as He told us everything that must happen before that time.

It can't be decades away either as He stated which generation would see these things fulfilled and that was when Israel became a nation
We don't know the day but we suppose to know the season

The fact is satan comes first pretending to be Christ ,the whole world will believe him except for those with the seal of God
Christ return can't return at anytime as He told us everything that must happen before that time.

It can't be decades away either as He stated which generation would see these things fulfilled and that was when Israel became a nation
We don't know the day but we suppose to know the season
I know the theology well. When I learned the history of the first century I stopped believing it. I do believe Jesus is coming but not in our lifetimes. Time will show who was right.

I know the theology well. When I learned the history of the first century I stopped believing it. I do believe Jesus is coming but not in our lifetimes. Time will show who was right.
I liked in respect ,So you don't believe, or don't understand the parable of the fig tree ?
What's the history of the first century ?

I liked in respect ,So you don't believe, or don't understand the parable of the fig tree ?
I understand it quite well.
What's the history of the first century ?
This would take a lot of words to do it justice, but the dire predictions of Matthew 24 happened already and they as bad as Jesus described. The later predictions with no signs are yet to come. Most of Revelation has also already been fulfilled, at least the scary stuff.

I understand it quite well.

This would take a lot of words to do it justice, but the dire predictions of Matthew 24 happened already and they as bad as Jesus described. The later predictions with no signs are yet to come. Most of Revelation has also already been fulfilled, at least the scary stuff.
Gotcha ,so you think Matthew 24 has happened , I think it's future , so we won't agree .

Let me ask you a question , when did the below take place

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

And when did this happen ?

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Revelation 13:14 "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [signs] which he had power [it was given him] to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

Do understand what's happening here ?

We are gonna have a super natural force on this earth that the world has never seen since the days of Noah , but much worse as it will be spiritual, with your very soul at stake.

Back