Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rational God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
We know the carnal mind is a hostile enemy (enmity) against the Spirit and can not perceive Spiritual things.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Can a rational mind understand heavenly things, no. Even though our human mind cannot comprehend the whole mystery of God, He let Himself to be grasped by our mind. No human mind can fully understand God, but to those who are opened to enter into His mystery He will reveal himself enough to give you the certitude conviction that He is real.

John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Belief in God is rational only if there is sufficent evidence for the existence of God, but the carnal mind can not rationalize God for it will not allow the mystery of God to be revealed. This is why many refuse to hear His word that has gone out into the world through every generation. Is it God's fault that they did not hear, or is it their own fault as many quit seeking Him. Faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God, yet many refuse to hear His still small voice calling them.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

No one can stand before God in His judgement without excuse.

We know the carnal mind is a hostile enemy (enmity) against the Spirit and can not perceive Spiritual things.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Can a rational mind understand heavenly things, no. Even though our human mind cannot comprehend the whole mystery of God, He let Himself to be grasped by our mind. No human mind can fully understand God, but to those who are opened to enter into His mystery He will reveal himself enough to give you the certitude conviction that He is real.

John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Belief in God is rational only if there is sufficent evidence for the existence of God, but the carnal mind can not rationalize God for it will not allow the mystery of God to be revealed. This is why many refuse to hear His word that has gone out into the world through every generation. Is it God's fault that they did not hear, or is it their own fault as many quit seeking Him. Faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God, yet many refuse to hear His still small voice calling them.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

No one can stand before God in His judgement without excuse.
Can a rational mind understand heavenly things, no. Even though our human mind cannot comprehend the whole mystery of God, He let Himself to be grasped by our mind.
I know you penned a lot more than this Glory, but I wanted to comment on this. Yes we can understand heavenly things, in fact it is a requirement to know God for salvation upon Jesus' return. 2 Thes 1:8. Take note of Dan 12:4 as well. How do we do this Rom 15:4
No human mind can fully understand God
This comment of yours is very true Ecc 3:11, but we can understand and know this Ecc 12:13

I know you penned a lot more than this Glory, but I wanted to comment on this. Yes we can understand heavenly things, in fact it is a requirement to know God for salvation upon Jesus' return. 2 Thes 1:8. Take note of Dan 12:4 as well. How do we do this Rom 15:4

This comment of yours is very true Ecc 3:11, but we can understand and know this Ecc 12:13
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
I am sorry maam, I do not understand the application in relation to the topic. Is not the setting of affection on things above actually support for what I said?

I am sorry maam, I do not understand the application in relation to the topic. Is not the setting of affection on things above actually support for what I said?
The application that applies to every Christian is found in Colossians 3:1-4 which is very clear in what has been written there. We who are Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth from above have put off the old self that is flesh and have now put on the new creation in Christ that is Spiritual as we seek those things from above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

The application that applies to every Christian is found in Colossians 3:1-4 which is very clear in what has been written there. We who are Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth from above have put off the old self that is flesh and have now put on the new creation in Christ that is Spiritual as we seek those things from above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
I certainly do not disagree with that at all maam, other than Jesus is no longer sitting at God's right hand but is now the active King in the heavenly Kingdom of God. Do you not think the war in heaven has already been fought and satan and his horde cast down to the earth?

I certainly do not disagree with that at all maam, other than Jesus is no longer sitting at God's right hand but is now the active King in the heavenly Kingdom of God. Do you not think the war in heaven has already been fought and satan and his horde cast down to the earth?
Jesus still sits at the right hand of God until the time of His return on the last day, Rev 19:11-21, then the kingdoms of this world will have become the kingdoms of the Lord until His enemies become His footstool, Psalms 110:1; Daniel 7:15-28; 1Corinthians 15:25; Hebrews 10:12-13; Rev 11:15.

The war in heaven between Michael and Satan has not happened yet as this takes place during the sounding of the seventh trumpet, Rev 11-12.

Jesus still sits at the right hand of God until the time of His return on the last day, Rev 19:11-21, then the kingdoms of this world will have become the kingdoms of the Lord until His enemies become His footstool, Psalms 110:1; Daniel 7:15-28; 1Corinthians 15:25; Hebrews 10:12-13; Rev 11:15.

The war in heaven between Michael and Satan has not happened yet as this takes place during the sounding of the seventh trumpet, Rev 11-12.
We disagree maam. Most faiths who claim to be Christian believe that we are right on the verge of the return of Jesus, I am rather shocked you don't. Even people of the world with no interest are seeing things seem to be strange.

Back