Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Realized Eschatology

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Who said discussion is not allowed?
“As of today, promoting the doctrine of Full Preterism is violation of the ToS. Every member is urged to stay current with our entire ToS, but contributors to this forum will need to be particularly aware of this change.”

“As of today, promoting the doctrine of Full Preterism is violation of the ToS. Every member is urged to stay current with our entire ToS, but contributors to this forum will need to be particularly aware of this change.”
I would do the same for the doctrine of sinless perfection that sometimes crops up. Once again, Paul gives good guidance:

2Ti 2:14-18 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. (15) Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (16) But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. (17) And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, (18) who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.

Reactions: JLB
You referred to another believer’s thoughts as “cancer,”

You spoke of cutting out another man’s thoughts.

Please show me the post where I referred to another believer’s thoughts as cancer, or cutting out another man’s thoughts.

I posted the passage where Paul indicated that some believer’s have strayed away from the truth, saying that the resurrection was past.

Here it is again —

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. 2 Timothy 2:16-18

Please don’t misrepresent what I or other members of this forum say.

This is from our TOS

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

JLB

Yes, this is posted at the heading of this section of the Forum.

Full Preterism is what is listed as not being discussed.

Partial Preterism is allowed.

JLB

Sometimes applying powerful energy from the outside is deemed preferable when surgery is too risky.

Justifying your eliminating challenging thoughts with force by deciding to arbitrarily call intellectually challenges “cancer” won’t fly. Thoughts are never cancer even though you like the metaphor.

Please provide the post where I “arbitrarily“ intellectual challenges “cancer”.

The scriptures call the message of teaching the resurrection is past as cancer. I didn’t write the Bible.

Do you believe the resurrection is past?

JLB

I cannot recall a scripture where any Bible writer thought man’s thoughts were cancer

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. 2 Timothy 2:16-18

JLB

I would do the same for the doctrine of sinless perfection that sometimes crops up. Once again, Paul gives good guidance:

2Ti 2:14-18 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. (15) Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (16) But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. (17) And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, (18) who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.

We had a person who was promoting that doctrine here a while back.

It didn’t stand the test of aligning with scripture.

All,

This sticky was posted in 2013. We have since reworked our TOS and that section was removed from our TOS.
Honestly, I did not realize that this sticky was here prohibiting the discussion.

I will remove the sticky since this subject is no longer in our TOS and nothing prohibits it's discussion.

I am wondering if I need to move this forum into the "Safe Zone" so it will not be a banned topic. Of course, I would need a member in good standing that supports Preterism that would be willing to follow our staff expectations and current TOS to moderate it.

All,

This sticky was posted in 2013. We have since reworked our TOS and that section was removed from our TOS.
Honestly, I did not realize that this sticky was here prohibiting the discussion.

I will remove the sticky since this subject is no longer in our TOS and nothing prohibits it's discussion.

I am wondering if I need to move this forum into the "Safe Zone" so it will not be a banned topic. Of course, I would need a member in good standing that supports Preterism that would be willing to follow our staff expectations and current TOS to moderate it.

So now full Preterism is ok to be promoted here?

I am saying it is not prohibited in our TOS.
Since it was once a "banned" topic, it does qualify as a "Safe Zone" topic.

Do you know what that doctrine teaches?

You might consider why it was prohibited.

JLB

I
Please show me the post where I referred to another believer’s thoughts as cancer, or cutting out another man’s thoughts.

I posted the passage where Paul indicated that some believer’s have strayed away from the truth, saying that the resurrection was past.

Here it is again —

Please don’t misrepresent what I or other members of this forum say.

This is from our TOS

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

JLB
Do you admit that the theology people have occurs as thoughts?

JLB
Your statement is misrepresenting what is said. It does not say “not being discussed.” “Promoting the doctrine is a violation” means it is not allowed to be discussed. What else can it mean?

JLB
I said that some subjects are NOT ALLOWED to be discussed. You have supported my statement.

Do you know what that doctrine teaches?

You might consider why it was prohibited.

JLB
I know that Jesus never labeled theological intellectual topics as prohibited but fought untruth with love and truth correcting in gentleness. He exercised truth and love, not warnings and raw force. His enemies had no answer except to cast slurs on him personally. hummmmm

Back