Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rejoicing In Adversity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What is our spiritual responsibility during times of difficulty?
The Law Of The Spirit Of Life In Christ Jesus is the will of God's only prescribe order of victory for every born again Believer. It simply means that the Believer must maintain Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, i.e., The Blood Of Jesus.

The Holy Spirit works exclusively within the legal confines of the Finished Work, i.e., "the Cross," that guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit, which guarantees Victory.

If the Believers doesn't understand or attempts to live for God by any manner other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, he is doomed to failure. This places the Believer in the law of sin and death which is sin. For whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

The Law Of The Spirit Of Life In Christ Jesus gives the Believer victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14 ; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the devil: Hebrews 2:14 ; Colossians 2:15

God only awards imputed righteousness by maintaining faith exclusively in Christ and his finished work (Romans 4:5). God only recognize the blood of Jesus on the door post of our hearts. That Believer is now under the strongest law in the universe, " The Law Of The Spirit Of Life In Christ Jesus (Romans 8:2)." This law is stronger than "The Law Of Sin And Death (Romans 8:1-2)." So when you do miss the mark and sin, you still have imputed righteousness. Which means: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Sin has no dominion over you. (The Believer must confess their sins 1 John 1:9)

If we as Believers do not understand these two Laws, then the "law of sin and death" will wreak its havoc on us.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1 ; Hebrews 10:38 ; Hab. 2:4 NLT

Two kinds of peace

1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing. Rom. 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart. Rom. 8:6; 14:19; 15:13; Gal. 1:3
The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 says, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."

Pastor Jimmy Swaggart Bible Commentary

Note: The bible doesn't teach "sinless perfection." 1 John 1:10
2 Peter 1:5-11 NIV, John 14:27 NIV, Colossians 3:15 NCV, Romans 12 NCV, James 1:7-8 NASB

There is no graduating classes in "The Law Of The Spirit Of Life In Christ Jesus" Philippians 3:13

Last edited:
We are fighting a spiritual battle what you can not see, but the effects of it you can see. We have entered a time when level one problems will not be able to be solve with level one thinking. The only answer to sin, deliverance, problems, and solutions is faith exclusively in Jesus Christ and the Cross. If you are living any other way you will not have Sanctifying Peace. This is called Spiritual Adultery. Many are walking in the vanity of their minds Eph. 4:17. You have left your first love Rev. 2:4 NKJV. You will be shaken. This is the only way to solve this chaos, get answers and for the Lord to rebuke the devourer. This is victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

God will continue to make the wisdom of the world look foolish.

Last edited:
What is our spiritual responsibility during times of difficulty?
Count it all joy (James 1:2). We who maintain faith in Christ and His Finished Work have joy with our salvation (Psalm 51:12). We can never be shaken (Psalm 15 NIV). Because we understand that this is the day the Lord has made. We rejoice and are glad (Psalm 118:24 NKJV). The test is who do you go to first when adversity comes (Matthew 6:33)?

Last edited:
The Apostle Paul said in Romans 11:22, "Notice how God is both kind and severe..." He will cut you off!

America and the world must understand when you turn your back on Our Lord Jesus Christ, spiritually speaking, He will vex you with all adversity.

2 Chronicles 15 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

Asa’s Changes

15 The Spirit of God came on Azariah, who was Obed’s son. 2 Azariah went to meet Asa and said, “Listen to me, Asa and all you people of Judah and Benjamin. The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you look for him, you will find him. But if you leave him, he will leave you. 3 For a long time Israel was without the true God. And they were without a teaching priest, and without the law. 4 But when the Israelites had trouble, they turned again to the Lord, the God of Israel. They looked for him and found him. 5 In those times of trouble, no one could travel safely. There was great trouble in all the nations. 6 One nation would destroy another nation and one city would destroy another city. This was happening because God gave them all kinds of trouble. 7 But Asa, you and the people of Judah and Benjamin, be strong. Don’t be weak and don’t give up, because you will get a reward for your good work!” 2 Chronicles 15:1-7

Travel = Plane, train, vehicle, or walking.

Don’t be weak and don’t give up = Fight the good fight of faith...1 Timothy 6:12

We are fighting a spiritual battle what you can not see, but the effects of it you can see. We have entered a time when level one problems will not be able to be solve with level one thinking. The only answer to sin, deliverance, problems, and solutions is faith exclusively in Jesus Christ and the Cross. If you are living any other way you will not have Sanctifying Peace. This is called Spiritual Adultery. Many are walking in the vanity of their minds Eph. 4:17. You have left your first love Rev. 2:4 NKJV. You will be shaken. This is the only way to solve this chaos, get answers and for the Lord to rebuke the devourer. This is victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

God will continue to make the wisdom of the world look foolish.

I might suggest that God "rebuking the devourer" actually inflames the devourer to act up in resistance to God even moreso, just like Pharaoh during the time of Israel's captivity. Or in the case of Job where the devourer took away nearly everything Job had. Or with Israel when their country was ravaged by enemies and their people, scattered.

So be careful what you ask for. It is not as simple a premise as you might suppose under whatever simplistic scriptural legal concoction some preacher dreams up.

This is actually what we are promised this from Jesus:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

We are also promised unpleasant chastisements:

Hebrews 12:
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

I have been under Gods chastisements since the day I believed. I probably was also, before that, but I didn't recognize it as such.

There is no legitimate way to avoid this, if we are sons of God. In recognition of "my" factual state, and that state of all of us, I learned why these things are a reality.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

There is no legal scriptural remedy for this condition. Anyone who claims there is is not a son of God. They are only looking to dodge the obvious, typically via deceptions.

Paying "legal hush money" to some bozo who has several jets and mansions and art collections vainly trying to avoid Gods chastisements is a waste of time and resources. When God speaks, he will speak through the LOWEST caste of society, not the fat cats who bilk people out of money "in the name of God." They are the LAST people on the list one should heed for Godly inquiry.

If we understand what happened to Jesus, we WILL understand that the world turns against us, not "for" us. It resulted in His Death, and the death of many other men of God. There are Divine Reasons "why" this transpires.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

I might suggest that God "rebuking the devourer" actually inflames the devourer to act up in resistance to God even moreso, just like Pharaoh during the time of Israel's captivity. Or in the case of Job where the devourer took away nearly everything Job had. Or with Israel when their country was ravaged by enemies and their people, scattered.

So be careful what you ask for. It is not as simple a premise as you might suppose under whatever simplistic scriptural legal concoction some preacher dreams up.

This is actually what we are promised this from Jesus:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

We are also promised unpleasant chastisements:

Hebrews 12:
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

I have been under Gods chastisements since the day I believed. I probably was also, before that, but I didn't recognize it as such.

There is no legitimate way to avoid this, if we are sons of God. In recognition of "my" factual state, and that state of all of us, I learned why these things are a reality.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

There is no legal scriptural remedy for this condition. Anyone who claims there is is not a son of God. They are only looking to dodge the obvious, typically via deceptions.

Paying "legal hush money" to some bozo who has several jets and mansions and art collections vainly trying to avoid Gods chastisements is a waste of time and resources. When God speaks, he will speak through the LOWEST caste of society, not the fat cats who bilk people out of money "in the name of God." They are the LAST people on the list one should heed for Godly inquiry.

If we understand what happened to Jesus, we WILL understand that the world turns against us, not "for" us. It resulted in His Death, and the death of many other men of God. There are Divine Reasons "why" this transpires.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
As I stated above, many are walking in the vanity of their minds Eph. 4:17. If you feel you can circumvent God's prescribed order of victory (Romans 8:1-2) by not maintaining faith In Christ and His Finished Work, continue on.

The Bible makes Christian growth in Jesus a simile process of plant growth...

Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Fruit only comes after tribulation in plants...be it cold, lack of water, heat etc
The higher the tribulation, the higher the quality of the fruit, but the lower the quantity...

For example high protein wheat needs a hot dry finish...

Strange as it may be, but tribulation an adversity is a blessing in our Christian growth, for it gives us a reason to pray for power in prayer, through God....if nothing else...but it makes us sweeter in fruit...a blessing unto the Father....

Shalom

Our job is not to muster up the victory ourselves but to believe and declare God's goodness (through affirming and meditating on His word that applies to your problem) and then wait with expectancy to see how He intervenes.

And surely our faith-filled rejoicing will get people's attention! Rejoicing in adversity is likely to cause a commotion in Heaven and on earth (Acts 16:23-40) and brings glory to God.

The promise of Hebrews 13:5-6 releases confidence and courage to face every trial:
"For God Himself has said, 'I will never, never let go your hand: I will never, never forsake you.' So that we fearlessly say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid: what can man do to me?'"

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Back