Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Releasing The Buried Potential

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Being spiritually open and receptive sounds rather New Age-y to me. We are given (and can pray for) wisdom and discernment for good reason. Thankfully, we also have Scripture by which to judge anything we're told or taught or...think up ourselves, along the way.

I dunno. I think we're called to be somewhat wary and cautious more than open and receptive. Being open and receptive is more a postmodern virtue, anyway.

Is it necessary to be spiritually open and receptive in our daily walk?

Yes, to be spiritually open to the Holy Spirit's prompting to walk with Him thru out the day....Romans 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

I also try and stay focused to....Colossians 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Being spiritually open and receptive sounds rather New Age-y to me. We are given (and can pray for) wisdom and discernment for good reason. Thankfully, we also have Scripture by which to judge anything we're told or taught or...think up ourselves, along the way.

I dunno. I think we're called to be somewhat wary and cautious more than open and receptive. Being open and receptive is more a postmodern virtue, anyway.
We need to be attuned to, open to and receptive to the leading of God the Holy Spirit.
We need to know the difference between the "voice" of the Holy Spirit, the voice of a deceptive spirit, and our own imagination.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit for a purpose.
Jhn 14:26 (RSV) But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

God's presence is a gift. God only gives good gifts.
I can't imagine why anyone would not not want God's gifts. :shrug

iakov the fool

We are the Salt and Light in the world. One of the characteristics of salt is that it makes people thirsty.

Yes its all a walk with the Holy Spirit as our torch "Be very careful, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil...understand what the Lord's will is.18.Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.Instead , be filled with the Spirit."(Eph 5:15-18 N.I.V.)This would apply to every situation we find ourselves no matter how tempting it may be to go with the flow of the world.I see it as part of the "cross" Mt.10:38 that we must bear to in order "qualify" or "sanctified by the Holy Spirit"(Rom.15:16) through the blood of Christ as children of God.

Last edited:
There is a fresh stirring of the Lord's desire for us to become all that He would have us to be (our DESTINY). We are hearing a new message beyond anything that we have heard in the past. Our part is to be spiritually open and receptive.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches... After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in Heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, 'Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.'" Revelation 3:22, 4:1

We become increasingly aware of the "Open Heaven" that has always been available to us, through which the "Son" can shine brightly to release the potential that is buried within us. For this to happen, we must respond with anticipation, expectancy, and patience.

ALBERT FINCH MINISRY

Back