Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Renewing Our Strength

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Thursday 7-18-24 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 11 5784 29th. Summer Day

Today's Devotional

Read: Isaiah 40:27-31 | Bible in a Year: Psalms 20-22; Acts 21:1-17

Download MP3

They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. Isaiah 40:31

A pair of eagles built a giant nest in a tree a few miles away from my house. Before long, the enormous birds had eaglets. They cared for their hatchlings together until one of the adult eagles was tragically struck and killed by a car. For several days, the surviving eagle flew up and down a nearby river, as if searching for the lost mate. Finally, the eagle returned to the nest and assumed the full responsibility of raising the offspring.​

In any situation, single parenting can be challenging. The delight a child brings combined with possible financial and emotional pressure can create a broad range of experiences. But there’s hope for those who have this important role, and for anyone trying to manage a situation that feels overwhelming.​

God is with us when we feel exhausted and discouraged. Because He’s omnipotent—all powerful—and doesn’t change, His strength won’t ever expire.​

We can trust what the Bible says: “Those who hope in [Him] will renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:31). Coming up against our own limits won’t determine what happens to us because we can depend on God to supernaturally recharge us. Hoping in Him allows us to walk and not faint, and to “soar on wings like eagles” (v. 31).​

What feels overwhelming in your life? How might God be encouraging you to rely on His strength?​

Dear heavenly Father, I can’t manage this life on my own. I need You. Please give me Your supernatural strength today.​

INSIGHT​

Isaiah 40:30-31 includes three classifications of people. “Youths” refers to children into the teenage years. They’re often bundles of energy and vigor. But—naturally speaking—sooner or later, they wear out. The term “young men” refers to those in the prime of life, but they also have limitations. The third category is a spiritual category that’s not defined by age, stage, or other human metrics: “those who hope in the Lord.”​

Such are candidates for strength of a different kind—supernatural spiritual strength. It enables them to do through God what they can’t do on their own: “[God] is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20). Those who put their trust in Him are candidates for Godlike spiritual strength. Like Him, in whom they trust, they “will not grow tired or weary” (Isaiah 40:28).​

By Jennifer Benson Schuldt|July 18th, 2024

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
Back