Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Repentance and prayer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Britney

So I have had OCD for a while and I am starting to feel like I am making progress and recovering from it. One of the things that the OCD took away from me a while ago was prayer and repentance. I'm not sure how to start praying and repenting again and I don't know how to do it or what to say and I tend to rely on my feelings to know if I am doing it right :/. And don't get me wrong, I think of God in everything I do and I correct my bad actions but I haven't been praying and asking for forgiveness.

Hi Britney

It's just as simple as asking forgiveness for your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Jesus wants us to speak from our heart as their is no formular in what you need to say as just talk to Him like you are talking to your best friend as this is what Jesus is to us as being the best friend we could ever have.

It's all about being Spiritually born again from above and being indwelled with the Holy Spirit that renews our inner man as we are made new again by that of the Holy Spirit that indwells us. If we are walking in the Spirit then we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh that causes us to sin.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Congratulations on experiencing repentance. That puts you on the turnpike to salvation.

The toll booth is right ahead. Jesus payed the price for those who repent to have eternal life.

Prayer does seem to open the door to the mind of Christ to be in us.

eddif

I tend to rely on my feelings to know if I am doing it right
May I encourage you to consider doing things because they are right, rather than just because you ' feel ' they are right.

One of the problems with OCD is 'intrusive thoughts ' were one thinks and feels that onehas to do something.
Please look up the site 25 tips for successfully treating your OCD, it is a free professional site with good advice.
Do read it and share it with those who you turn to for help.

So I have had OCD for a while and I am starting to feel like I am making progress and recovering from it. One of the things that the OCD took away from me a while ago was prayer and repentance. I'm not sure how to start praying and repenting again and I don't know how to do it or what to say and I tend to rely on my feelings to know if I am doing it right :/. And don't get me wrong, I think of God in everything I do and I correct my bad actions but I haven't been praying and asking for forgiveness.
I think watching and digesting what this man taught on repentance will be very helpful:

Back