Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation 20:1-3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After that of the beast, false prophet and all those political leaders from every nation have been revealed and destroyed by the brightness of Christ coming, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, Satan is bound for a thousand years as he can no longer deceive the nations anymore and after the thousand years are fulfilled he will be set loose for a small amount of time.​
There are various teachings about the thousand years, but I do not see the thousand years being literal after Satan is bound even though a thousand is written. I believe it is symbolic or figurative number like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:3-5; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Satan will be held back for a time while Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives. What else is to take place within a literal thousand years that will need to be fulfilled as the only thing left is for Satan to be loosed for a time as he gathers all nations for the final battle against the saints, but his army will be consumed by fire that God sends down from heaven and then Satan cast into the lake of fire. Why would God wait a thousand years for His final judgment? What else could possibly take place during a thousand years before God ushers down the New Jerusalem?

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After that of the beast, false prophet and all those political leaders from every nation have been revealed and destroyed by the brightness of Christ coming, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, Satan is bound for a thousand years as he can no longer deceive the nations anymore and after the thousand years are fulfilled he will be set loose for a small amount of time.​
There are various teachings about the thousand years, but I do not see the thousand years being literal after Satan is bound even though a thousand is written. I believe it is symbolic or figurative number like that of Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:3-5; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Satan will be held back for a time while Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives. What else is to take place within a literal thousand years that will need to be fulfilled as the only thing left is for Satan to be loosed for a time as he gathers all nations for the final battle against the saints, but his army will be consumed by fire that God sends down from heaven and then Satan cast into the lake of fire. Why would God wait a thousand years for His final judgment? What else could possibly take place during a thousand years before God ushers down the New Jerusalem?

We generally turn a day into a thousand years. Is it also true we can use God’s time to turn a thousand years into a day?

For instance I generally think of the resurrection as taking a 24 hour day, but the clock is destroyed when the stars fall from heaven. The first 3 days of creation have no clock. Day 4 sets the 24 hour time clock in motion.

You asked a question. I have asked a question. I have never seen any more than I just stated and asked.

I do not have a long pre formulated agenda.

eddif

Could you elaborate more on this?

Luke 21:22-24
For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Jesus called it the times of the Gentiles, it came after the days of vengeance when Temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Revelation 11:2
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The city was under siege and tread under foot for 42 months, but the court without the temple was left out and given to the Gentiles, until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled. Paul called it the fulness of the Gentiles.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 15:12
And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Isaiah 11:10-11
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse,
which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek:
and his rest shall be glorious.
And it shall come to pass in that day,
that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time
to recover the remnant of his people,

which shall be left, from Assyria,
and from Egypt, and from Pathros,
and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar,
and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Jeremiah 31:27-28
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah
with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them,
to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down,
and to destroy, and to afflict;
so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

Just as Jesus foretold in Luke 21, they would be led away captive into all the nations were under the new covenant, until the fulness of the times of the Gentiles comes in, the Lord would reach out his hand a SECOND time to recover them remnant of his people. This is what has been going on while we have ruled and reigned with Christ a thousand years during the times of the Gentiles. If we are anywhere in some prophetic timeline, then we are at the point in time were Satan has now been released at the end of the thousand years to go forth and deceive the nations.

We generally turn a day into a thousand years. Is it also true we can use God’s time to turn a thousand years into a day?

For instance I generally think of the resurrection as taking a 24 hour day, but the clock is destroyed when the stars fall from heaven. The first 3 days of creation have no clock. Day 4 sets the 24 hour time clock in motion.

You asked a question. I have asked a question. I have never seen any more than I just stated and asked.

eddif

Peter stated a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day. Is he referencing two days?

Hosea 6:1-3
Come, and let us return unto the LORD:
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us:
in the third day he will raise us up,
and we shall live in his sight.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD:
his going forth is prepared as the morning;
and he shall come unto us as the rain,
as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

God created the nation of Israel to rule the nations. Just because they rebelled does not stop God from fulfilling His purpose for them. The thousand years is the Lord ruling through Israel (from the third heaven, His seat of authority).

Mankind has been given every opportunity to turn to God. In this time of righteous rulership it is still with a `rod of iron.` Even though Satan is withheld from influencing mankind, man still reveals his sinful, selfish heart.

Marilyn.

eddif
We have our time table as in days, weeks and years of 24 hours a day, but yet God's time table is different then ours as everything is in His timing.

Luke 21:22-24
For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Jesus called it the times of the Gentiles, it came after the days of vengeance when Temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Revelation 11:2
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The city was under siege and tread under foot for 42 months, but the court without the temple was left out and given to the Gentiles, until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled. Paul called it the fulness of the Gentiles.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 15:12
And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Isaiah 11:10-11
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse,
which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek:
and his rest shall be glorious.
And it shall come to pass in that day,
that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time
to recover the remnant of his people,

which shall be left, from Assyria,
and from Egypt, and from Pathros,
and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar,
and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Jeremiah 31:27-28
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah
with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them,
to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down,
and to destroy, and to afflict;
so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

Just as Jesus foretold in Luke 21, they would be led away captive into all the nations were under the new covenant, until the fulness of the times of the Gentiles comes in, the Lord would reach out his hand a SECOND time to recover them remnant of his people. This is what has been going on while we have ruled and reigned with Christ a thousand years during the times of the Gentiles. If we are anywhere in some prophetic timeline, then we are at the point in time were Satan has now been released at the end of the thousand years to go forth and deceive the nations.
Thank you for your explanation, but the Millennium has not yet come as Christ has not returned yet.

Here is my understanding.

The fullness of the Gentiles makes up all of Israel that will be saved. As Ephraim mixed himself up with other nations that was a foreshadowing of the Gentiles being grafted into Israel meaning all of Israel will be saved that have faith in God as being part of the covenant God made with Abraham, Genesis 12:1-3; 48:17-19; Hosea 7:8. Jesus told the Apostles to proclaim the Gospel first in Jerusalem, then Judea, then Samaria and then to the ends of the world, Acts 1:8; 8:14-17, Samaria is the fulfillment of the restoration of Israel as both Jew and Gentiles both dwelt there, Galatians 3:28, 29.

Revelation 20:1-8 is the only passage in the entire Bible that the premillennialists have as the basis for the 1000 year reign. Rev 20:4 doesn't speak about a 1000 year reign of Christ it says by the vision John received "and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." It's not Christ that reigns 1000 years, but those who were killed for God's sake that reign with Christ 1000 years as 1000 being a figurative number, not a literal number as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8.

Those who reign with Christ are those souls that had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus. In Revelations 6:9-11, are the souls of martyrs who had been slain for the word of God under an altar crying for vengeance. In Rev 20:4 the martyrs are on thrones. The difference between these scriptures is God's judgment has already come to those certain martyrs. The victory came in the spiritual realm of God, not the physical, and God assured their victory.

John was shown in a vision those souls that already had the victory over death as being in Christ. When we who are of Christ die before His return God has already passed judgement on us and we have the victory in Christ over that of the second death, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57. Those who are not of Christ will be judged and cast into the lake of fire. There is only one resurrection, but two judgements, John 5:28, 29. Those in Christ are raised first as those still alive at His coming will be gathered and caught up together to meet Christ in the air to be with Christ for eternity, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. The rest are then raised for their judgement as rejecting Christ and there forever have their place in the lake of fire. Rev 20:4 says nothing about Jesus coming to this earth and establishing a worldly kingdom at Jerusalem.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(notice as is in being figurative and not literal.)

God created the nation of Israel to rule the nations. Just because they rebelled does not stop God from fulfilling His purpose for them. The thousand years is the Lord ruling through Israel (from the third heaven, His seat of authority).

Mankind has been given every opportunity to turn to God. In this time of righteous rulership it is still with a `rod of iron.` Even though Satan is withheld from influencing mankind, man still reveals his sinful, selfish heart.

Marilyn.
Here is the thing though, the 1000 years does not begin until after Christ returns.

This is how I understand all of this.

We do not enter the Millennial Kingdom here on earth in our natural bodies, but in new glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54. When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.

Matthew 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21 Jesus descends down from heaven with His army of the host (angels) of heaven as while remaining in the air He sends His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather His own to Him. He will destroy the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire, Rev 19:15, 16. The remnant in Rev 19:21 are the world leaders of every nation on the earth that have followed after the beast that rules their government. The remnant will be slain by the very words Jesus speaks of their damnation as the fowls will be filled with their flesh and at that time Satan will be chained and bound so he can not interfere with the ungodly people that are still alive on earth that become the footstool of Christ. Then the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ and He shall reign for ever and the saints will begin to rule over the nations here on earth, Rev 11:15; 5:10; 20:1-3; Matthew 5:5.

Rev 20:7-10 Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. These are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after Satan is released for a season, Psalms 2:7-10; 110; Ezekiel 36; 37; Rev 20:7-9. The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14; Luke 21:20-22 and Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

(IMO 1000 years is a figurative number, not a literal number. It is figurative like the numbering in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.)

Here is the thing though, the 1000 years does not begin until after Christ returns.

This is how I understand all of this.

We do not enter the Millennial Kingdom here on earth in our natural bodies, but in new glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54. When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.
Hi fhg,

I`ll just do one point at a time. There is NO scripture/s that say we will reign ON the earth. Rather we will reign OVER the earth from the Lord`s throne in the highest, the third heaven.

Rev. 5: 10 `epi` the earth, meaning over or on. Thus we need more scriptures to know which.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

regards, Marilyn.

There are many today who repeat essentially the same thing that was said to Jesus when He last set foot on the earth as He hung on His cross:
" If you be the son of God then come down from the cross and we will then believe"

Many today say that if Jesus would miraculously appear and prove Himself in miraculous fashion, by saving the planet, ending all disease, end all hunger, etc,etc,etc, before their eyes. & to their satisfaction they would then have absolute belief.
This will be exposed once and for all the lie that it is.
There will also be many children born during this period who must decide .

This thousand year period of Christ's miraculous setting foot on earth is to show the lie that is such a claim, and that the heart of carnal man does not change even in the miraculous presence of the risen Lord on earth.
The many rather then the few rejecting Him in His glorified presence and desiring, with Satan's helping hand, to be rid of Him once and for all .

Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 2:1
"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

Last edited:
There are many today who repeat essentially the same thing that was said to Jesus when He last set foot on the earth as He hung on His cross:
" If you be the son of God then come down from the cross and we will then believe"

Many today say that if Jesus would miraculously appear and prove Himself in miraculous fashion, by saving the planet, ending all disease, end all hunger, etc,etc,etc, before their eyes. & to their satisfaction they would then have absolute belief.
This will be exposed once and for all the lie that it is.
There will also be many children born during this period who must decide .

This thousand year period of Christ's miraculous setting foot on earth is to show the lie that is such a claim, and that the heart of carnal man does not change even in the miraculous presence of the risen Lord on earth.
The many rather then the few rejecting Him in His glorified presence and desiring, with Satan's helping hand, to be rid of Him once and for all .

Unchecked Copy Box
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
It's all by faith hoping in those things we can not see, but knowing who Jesus has said He is.

I`ll just do one point at a time. There is NO scripture/s that say we will reign ON the earth. Rather we will reign OVER the earth from the Lord`s throne in the highest, the third heaven.

Rev. 5: 10 `epi` the earth, meaning over or on. Thus we need more scriptures to know which.
When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.

We are never taken up to the third heaven as when Christ returns we are caught up to meet Him in the air and return back to earth with Him when he plants His feet on the Mt of Olives for the final battle called Armageddon.
Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)
These scriptures are speaking of the Spiritual as what is laid and stored up in heaven as our citizenship is only in the Spiritual realm of God. We are raised up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, which means that we now being Spiritually born again from above we have been risen with Christ as we seek those Spiritual things from above like that of Colossians 3:1-3.

When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.

We are never taken up to the third heaven as when Christ returns we are caught up to meet Him in the air and return back to earth with Him when he plants His feet on the Mt of Olives for the final battle called Armageddon.

These scriptures are speaking of the Spiritual as what is laid and stored up in heaven as our citizenship is only in the Spiritual realm of God. We are raised up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, which means that we now being Spiritually born again from above we have been risen with Christ as we seek those Spiritual things from above like that of Colossians 3:1-3.
Hi fhg,

You have not addressed what I wrote. Can we start there?

Y'all just going to have to cut me some slack here. I feel like a comment may be in order. The comments might not fit a box of belief of anyone else.

Daniel 3:22 kjv
22. Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
26. Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.
27. And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellers, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Seemes to me there is fire at the resurrection.
2 Peter 3:10 kjv
10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Ok everyone can tell there version.
But
If Jesus is with His book of life people at the destruction of the earth, the elect will escape the fire.

The Daniel fiery furnace story was there for a reason. The physical and spiritual come together.
Was there a furnace? Yes
Were some burned up? Yes
Were some supernaturally saved? Yes.

Now all the pre, mid, post, a mill, no mill folks can have at me for my comment.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Thank you for your explanation, but the Millennium has not yet come as Christ has not returned yet.

That is your position and your understanding, and I can accept that. For you Christ has not yet returned, and therefore you believe the millennium has not yet started. Obviously, as I have expressed, believe we are nearer to the end of the millennium, when Satan is loosed. It's not that either of us are wrong, it's not that either of us are right. It's that we view things things from different mountain tops, and certain of our perspective tends to be clouded depending upon from which mountain they are viewed.

I think we can both agree that the power of the Holy Spirit can give to one eyes to see and ears to hears while at the same time holding it back from another that that they remain blind and deaf. I know you are aware of the scriptures from John 5:28-29 and Daniel 12:1-2 that speaks of the resurrection, (the first resurrection) where some are raised in the resurrection to life, while others to the resurrection of damnation.

Knowing that in Christ some are raised to life while others are raise on death, do you think between these two groups that they should actually see the resurrection and the coming of Christ in the same way, in the same light? Each group stands near to the mountain to which they have been called, and feedeth from her springs. Could it be the coming of the Christ is looked for differently, depending upon the mountain to which they serve.

Those who look for Christ returning with his armies in wrath and judgement serve under the one mountain, as one having been brought forth in the resurrection of judgement (damnation), might still be waiting for the return of Christ and the resurrection. While those who were called forth of the resurrection to life serve under the other mountain and have looked for the return of Christ in Salvation.

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

John 14:17-20
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 5:28-29
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Romans 14:7-10
For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

The one thing I should hope we might agree upon, and that is the dead and the living, while both serving Christ, probably hold different views of the scriptures: As a valley that lays betwixt two mountains does not appear the same from each vantage. In the morning one part of the valley basks in the cool sun, while another part remains hidden in the shadows, in the afternoon, who shall be protected from the scorching heat? So too it is for the living and the dead.

Hi fhg,

Oh sorry I do see that you replied to my comments. I must have missed them. yes I agree that now we are seated in heavenly places spiritually, in Christ. However if you`d look at the other scriptures they are speaking about our inheritance etc for the future when we do go to the Lord`s very own throne in the highest. (Rev. 3: 21)

Our inheritance, our hope, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

regards, Marilyn.

It's all by faith hoping in those things we can not see, but knowing who Jesus has said He is.
Exactly, the thousand years of Christ's actual physical presence leading to rebellion against Him will prove the longstanding popular claim of today for absolute physical proof to be the only thing holding back belief for so many to be a lie.
Proving that even in His miraculous presence man's problem with Him is not a head problem, it is a heart problem.
Faith being the foundation always .
Even in His miraculous physical presence He will be not only rejected once again, but yet there will be another attempt to kill the risen Jesus.
Nothing new under the sun where the unredeemed human heart is concerned.
Their recruitment & battle cry to the heathen being that Jesus is actually afraid of the imprisoned Satan.
Afraid to set him free because Christ knows that Satan would defeat and replace him and institute a better way in the earth.

Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 2:9
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Back