Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Review Dante's Inferno, Recommend A Book

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
This isn't my review of Dantes Inferno, I've never read that book. If you've read it, what's it all about? Something about the 9 levels of hell is what I was told, but I dunno which side wrote it.

The thing is, I know a good man who happens to be locked up for some poor choices, and scripture says help these people. So I offered to help. I put a few bucks onto his commissary account and I realized that he has plenty of time to read, and so I offered to send him a book or two. He got excited because he's very bored in there. He said I can send up to 6 books, but they have to be ordered and shipped directly from Amazon.

Now as near as I can tell, he was saved & baptized as a kid and fell away from the Lord. So I ordered him a Bible, and they had paperback copies of Pilgrims Progress too so he got one of those too. So I was talking to him on the phone and asked what other books he might want also? He siad he wants Dante's Inferno. I've never read that one but I want to be careful about what to send and not something that's weirded out or evil in nature....so I ask you guys.
Dante's Inferno a good book?
What other book(s) that you've read would you recommend for this type pf gift?

I am open for suggestions! Thanks..

Dante's Inferno is a commentary about Hell, purgatory, and Heaven. Political figures of the time and famous people from history are depicted in all 3 areas.

It's not evil, but it is Catholic fanfiction.

I found this on it too.

The aspect of Christianity and what it means to Dante and how it is portrayed to him is what the whole epic consists of. Because Dante was such a strong believer in the Christian/ Catholic faith (Lowell 20), Inferno can be viewed in the perspective of a faithful Christian and what they imagine the journey through Hell to consist of.

Everything Tolkien, Mere Christianity from C.S. Lewis. Then it's more on the children's reading side but still good, The Redwall series by Brian Jacques.

All Christian authors.

My Tolkien books got away from me years ago. If I bought more then I couldn't send them because mine need replaced first, lol. So no Tolkien.

The Redwall series? Never heard of it. I'll google it. Thx.

I'm a huge fan of horror and science fiction, but thatight not be what he wants.

Man I have never understood what there is good to watch in Horror flicks. I've seen very few and missed a bunch of the so called classic horror movies because what's the point? I will make exception for that one horror movie that Jaime Lee Curtis was in, I watched that one, ok, a few times, lol. She is a cutie.

No wonder I never heard of Redwall, it's from across the pond, Lol. The gangster city rats square off against the peaceful country rats??!! That sounds kind of 10 year oldish too I think. Ohh, those Brits Lol.

I do got a couple C.S. Lewis books though. That's a good idea those books to send him.

Maybe I should have said I do not have time to read books outside of the time I give in here and reading and studying scripture throughout the day.

Man I have never understood what there is good to watch in Horror flicks. I've seen very few and missed a bunch of the so called classic horror movies because what's the point? I will make exception for that one horror movie that Jaime Lee Curtis was in, I watched that one, ok, a few times, lol. She is a cutie.

No wonder I never heard of Redwall, it's from across the pond, Lol. The gangster city rats square off against the peaceful country rats??!! That sounds kind of 10 year oldish too I think. Ohh, those Brits Lol.

I do got a couple C.S. Lewis books though. That's a good idea those books to send him.
It depends on the type of horror. Some of it is about wrestling with the evils of this world and outside it and the struggle to triumph over it. Some of it is about learning through metaphor the folly of man. Then there is dreck that's just about wierdo killers and funky monsters in costume......I like the funky monsters in costume. XD

Back