Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roe vs Wade - Michigan impact

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

stovebolts

It has long been known that when Roe vs Wade gets overturned, abortion would revert back to being illegal in Michigan.
Here is a great article from the Detroit Free Press
Michigan would be one of 26 states where access to abortion would be heavily restricted or banned if Roe v. Wade, the landmark case that constitutionally protects abortion access, is overturned by the Supreme Court.
It goes on to say,

What Michigan's 1931 abortion law says​

If Roe v. Wade and the subsequent 1992 Casey v. Planned Parenthood decision were to be overturned, a 1931 law banning abortion that is still on Michigan's books may take effect again. The law bans abortion unless done to save the life of the person who is pregnant and contains no exception for rape or incest.

Although our Democratic governor is attempting to strike this law, Michigan has a Republican House and Senate and it is expected the 1931 law will stay in effect.

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on Roe vs Wade this June - July

It has long been known that when Roe vs Wade gets overturned, abortion would revert back to being illegal in Michigan.
Here is a great article from the Detroit Free Press

It goes on to say,

Although our Democratic governor is attempting to strike this law, Michigan has a Republican House and Senate and it is expected the 1931 law will stay in effect.

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on Roe vs Wade this June - July

IT IS FINISHED!

JLB

I was astounded to hear this news!
Which news? Was it the Supreme Court leak or that Michigan has a law making abortion illegal?

It goes to show you that Michigan law was overridden by Federal law.

When the court rules in June - July of this year, the issue of abortion will go back to the states.

For blue states like California, Washington etc, not much at all will change in terms of abortion. It will be business as usual. However, for 26 states abortion will be severely limited if or until those states change their laws.

Which news? Was it the Supreme Court leak or that Michigan has a law making abortion illegal?

When the court rules in June - July of this year, the issue of abortion will go back to the states.

For blue states like California, Washington etc, not much at all will change in terms of abortion. It will be business as usual. However, for 26 states abortion will be severely limited if or until those states change their laws.
I heard this morning that the Supreme Court was returning the decision to the states.

I heard this morning that the Supreme Court was returning the decision to the states.
That’s the direction.
I’m not sure how much of this you know about, but it was a leaked “Draft Opinion” from February from the Supreme Court but it isn’t law yet.

There is broad speculation that a member of the Democratic Party leaked the Opinion Draft in order to fire up the Primaries that are happening now and this coming November.

The Supreme Court has launched an investigation on who leaked the document and I’m confident the person responsible will be found. I have to assume this person will do much jail time and a lengthy Federal Prison sentence will be had.

Yeah, the leaker is probably an aid to one of the justices.

I know there are some internet influences trying to drum up hysteria on both sides. Fear of hysterical protests and fears of what this means to case law based around roe v wade.

Did you see all those red states?! I did. Ohio is red too!

Awhile back some Christian prophets on you tube were saying roe vs wade is coming up to be overturned by God anf if the people pray enough for it. And that when Roe vs Wade is overturned that the curse upon America will be taken away within the very hour. And where we go from there...is nationwide revival!

Wouldn’t surprise me. Whoever did it is gonna be in a world of hurt.

If it’s an aide to a liberal judge, the fireworks are really going to come out.
know there are some internet influences trying to drum up hysteria on both sides. Fear of hysterical protests and fears of what this means to case law based around roe v wade.
the fear I see is somewhat unfounded. I see the reversal of Roe vs Wade having very little impact on abortions in states like California and Washington who already have it legalized on their books.

I am hearing fears from the LGBT group regarding marriage and I’m sure there is some truth to that.

Personally, I think marriage should fall back to its traditional values and be reserved for man and woman. However, in our modern era I’ve always said that legally, those couples seeking same sex marriage should be granted a civil union granting them the same benefits of a traditional marriage. I don’t think it’s fair to deny same sex couples who are in long term commitments to be treated any different (legally) than those with traditional marriages.

If he is a prophet, at 11:38 he says he prophesied, and in the same breath said, “ I sure hope it happens”.

It’s slips of the tongue like that which cause me pause.

Gods word says that if anyone prophesies in the name of the Lord and one prophesy does not come true, then he is a false prophet.

As such, a prophet would speak in utter confidence in what he has prophesied.

If he is a prophet, at 11:38 he says he prophesied, and in the same breath said, “ I sure hope it happens”.

It’s slips of the tongue like that which cause me pause.

Gods word says that if anyone prophesies in the name of the Lord and one prophesy does not come true, then he is a false prophet.

As such, a prophet would speak in utter confidence in what he has prophesied.

Loe Engle was the one who started the movement called - The Call.

https://louengle.com/the-call/

The Call exists to bring believers into their place of authority in God’s Ekklesia. TheCall is not a political event. It is a gathering of believers, making their petition to God’s government that is higher than every other government. From this position of authority, prayer is made for political, educational, and spiritual leaders as directed in 1 Timothy 1-2.
 TheCall seek to establish houses of prayer everywhere we go. TheCall’s passion was to establish sustained prayer furnaces in every city solemn assemblies are held.

For eighteen years, The Call gathered hundreds of thousands to the churches, fields, & stadiums of America and the world for solemn assemblies in the spirit of Joel 2–a summons to prayer, fasting, repentance, & worship. From these gatherings, we have seen great initiatives launched, cities transformed & regional breakthroughs occur.

THE ANSWER FOR A LOST GENERATION IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. IT’S A JESUS GENERATION. A GENERATION WHO DOES NOT JUST LOVE HIM BUT LIVES LIKE HIM. THAT’S WHY WE ARE CALLING EVERY BELIEVER INTO THE MESSAGE AND ACTION OF JESUS:

His passion also has been fasting and prayer for Roe vs Wade to be overturned.

When this brother grabs ahold of something for God, he doesn’t let go… until.

JLB

I would not be surprised if we find out the leak came from the wife of one of the justices. Yeah, that one, the one who also worked hard against the constitution in trying to illegally overturn an election.

the fear I see is somewhat unfounded. I see the reversal of Roe vs Wade having very little impact on abortions in states like California and Washington who already have it legalized on their books.
I think there are fears about how jurisdiction is going to work. Can a state prosecute a oersin for going across state lines?

I am hearing fears from the LGBT group regarding marriage and I’m sure there is some truth to that.

Personally, I think marriage should fall back to its traditional values and be reserved for man and woman. However, in our modern era I’ve always said that legally, those couples seeking same sex marriage should be granted a civil union granting them the same benefits of a traditional marriage. I don’t think it’s fair to deny same sex couples who are in long term commitments to be treated any different (legally) than those with traditional marriages.
it's a sticky situation, mainly because a lot of equal right legislation dealing with body autonomy references Roe v Wade.

Laws regarding sex policing of even straight people could cone back. But like before only some ground are likely to get prosecuted.

That’s the direction.
I’m not sure how much of this you know about, but it was a leaked “Draft Opinion” from February from the Supreme Court but it isn’t law yet.

There is broad speculation that a member of the Democratic Party leaked the Opinion Draft in order to fire up the Primaries that are happening now and this coming November.

The Supreme Court has launched an investigation on who leaked the document and I’m confident the person responsible will be found. I have to assume this person will do much jail time and a lengthy Federal Prison sentence will be had.
That’s what I heard with a bit more detail.

If there should be a line drawn beyond which the government shouldn't allow to be crossed, where would it be? Should a person be allowed multiple spouses? What if a person doesn't want to be completely married? What about half a spouse or part of one. Someone will eventually make that argument if the world lasts long enough.

I just think that there are a lot of things that the federal government should probably just stay out of or can't contribute to in a beneficial way. I think marriage might be one of them.

Back