Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roman Catholic dogma of the Assumption is not Biblical

Is the Roman Catholic dogma of the Assumption of Mary biblical?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
maryassumpt7at.jpg

hey what happend to this guys heylow is it broken.

dosent he look like satan out of the passion of the christ.

Blessed be those who follow our Lord rather than the teachings of men, invented centuries AFTER our Lord's death.

Maranatha! (not Maryatha)

(Maranatha is actually two Aramaic words. Dividing it as Marana tha means, “Our Lord, come.†Maran atha means, “Our Lord has come.â€Â)

The Roman Catholic doctrines about Mary, namely, the perpetual virginity, the immaculate conception, the assumption to heaven, and the titles Queen of Heaven, mediatrix, our mother, our life, our hope and others are conspicuously absent from the Bible.

Why so? Simply because the Bible is a book about another person, who was chosen and appointed by God to be the mediator and savior of the world. That person is Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus said: “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me†(John 5:39). The Bible is the Book about the Lord Jesus Christ and we should be wholeheartedly devoted to Him.

http://www.justforcatholics.org/a20.htm

Totally absent? What about "And behold a Virgin shall concieve and bear a son." Perpetual virginity.
The bible is the book about Christ's teachings and life. How did he become human?

This dogma about the Assumption of Mary is exactly that--An ASSUMPTION! It is "Assumed" Not proven--assumed! To impose such as Dogma is heresy, nothing more.

As for mary being sinless--well we see through scripture that Mary herself did not believe that she was sinless--and she would have known!

Where in scripture does it say Mary was not sinless?
Also, Prove to me the assumption did not happen.

Luk 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present [him] to the Lord;

Mary was impure after the birth of Jesus!

There is more to the doctrine of the "Assumption" than Mary simply being "assumed into heaven". This doctrine also speaks concerning the status of Mary in relationship to the Godhead.

http://www.catholic.com/library/Immacul ... _Assum.asp

How could she be impure since she was a perpetual virgin. An please enlighten me on the sharing of the Godhead.

The virginity of Mary

Question: Do you believe Mary was a virgin her entire life? Many Catholics I talk to believe she was a virgin forever.

Answer: Mary was a virgin when Christ was conceived in her womb. Centuries before his birth, the prophet Isaiah had predicted: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14).

This prophecy was fulfilled in Christ, as affirmed by the evangelist Matthew: "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Matthew 1:23).

All Christians believe that Christ was born of a virgin woman. This is important, firstly, because it was necessary for Jesus to fulfill the prophecies of Scripture about the Messiah. Otherwise Jesus of Nazareth could not possibly be the promised Messiah. Secondly, the doctrine on the virgin birth of Christ is foundational because Jesus is not merely human; He is also the Son of God. The virgin birth of Christ allows for the dual nature of Christ; he is both God and man.

But did Mary remain virgin throughout her lifetime?

It is curious why we should even ask this question. What is the theological significance of the doctrine of the perpetual virginity of Mary? Should we perhaps look at virginity as a more blessed state than marriage? The Roman Catholic Church so teaches and curses you if you think otherwise. “If any one saith, that the marriage state is to be placed above the state of virginity, or of celibacy, and that it is not better and more blessed to remain in virginity, or in celibacy, than to be united in matrimony; let him be anathema†(Council of Trent, Session 24, Canon 10).

Early in church history, asceticism, monasticism and celibacy begun to be viewed as means of sanctification. Sexual relations, even within the context of marriage, were seen as defiling. Given this prejudice, it is not surprising that the cult of the Virgin arose. Thus, for example, Epiphanius (A.D. 375) wrote: “And to the holy Mary, the title Virgin is invariably added, for that holy woman remains undefiled.â€Â

But this is contrary to the teaching of Scripture. “Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled†(Hebrews 13:4). The Bible compares the love relationship between Christ and His church to the marriage relationship between husband and wife. “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church†(Ephesians 5:31,32).

So, putting aside the bias against God’s holy gift of marital sex, we should expect that Mary and Joseph her husband had a normal married relationship after the birth of Jesus Christ.

After showing that Christ was born of a virgin, the evangelist Matthew goes on to say that Joseph "knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS" (1:25). "Knew her" is the biblical expression for the act of marriage. Joseph did not know Mary "till" she gave birth to her firstborn, Jesus. The implication is clear enough.

Also, the gospels mention that Jesus had brothers and sisters. "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?†(Mt 13:55,56). And again: "There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee†(Mark 3:31,32).

Roman Catholic writers stumble on each other trying to find excuses to explain away how Jesus could have brothers and sisters and yet Mary remained a virgin all her life. They appeal to apocryphal writings, such as the so-called Protoevangelium of James, saying that they were actually Joseph’s offspring from a previous marriage. Others say that they were his cousins or relatives. If this was the case, why would the biblical authors use the word ‘brothers’ instead of ‘relatives’ and ‘cousins’? (cf. Luke 1:36; Colossians 4:10).

From an honest reading of the New Testament, one concludes that Mary was a virgin until the birth of Christ. In order to uphold the doctrine of perpetual virginity, the Scriptures has to be strained to near breaking point. Yet, despite the lack of Biblical evidence, the Roman Catholic Church curses every Christian who does not believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary. If anyone does not confess that Christ “was incarnate by the holy, glorious, God-bearer, ever-virgin Mary, and born of her, let him be anathema†(The Second Council of Constantinople).

http://www.justforcatholics.org/a105.htm

Mary was made impure after giving birth to Jesus. This was the reason for her going to the Temple to offer a sacrifice for her purification.

Le 12:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.
5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.
6 ¶ And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:
7 Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.
8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.

The fact that Mary had monthly periods, the fact that she gave birth (a very bloody process) meant that she was made impure.

It is a doctrine of the catholic faith that Mary was a virgin throughout her life. If you do not believe this you can not call your self Catholic.
When the Bible says Joseph did not know her till she had brought forth Jesus. It is not implied that she knew him afterwards. It just says that they did not know each other until then. Mary is not in any way saying that the marital act is wrong, she was a virgin, the mother of God. Is it wrong for a women to want to remain a virgin all her life?
Jesus did not have any brothers or sisters. What human should be allowed to occupy the womb He occupied? When the Bibl refers to brother, sisters is not found in the Bible since it was not written whit inclusive langauge, it does not mean what you and I think of brothers. In the original text brother (dolphis) meant a close relation i.e. a cousin or close friend. Who was closer than the apostles? The brothers mentioned, James, Simon and Judas were apostles. In the orginal text Mary and Elizabeth are refered to as brothers, are they?

notapseudonym said:
It is a doctrine of the catholic faith that Mary was a virgin throughout her life. If you do not believe this you can not call your self Catholic.
When the Bible says Joseph did not know her till she had brought forth Jesus. It is not implied that she knew him afterwards. It just says that they did not know each other until then. Mary is not in any way saying that the marital act is wrong, she was a virgin, the mother of God. Is it wrong for a women to want to remain a virgin all her life?
Jesus did not have any brothers or sisters. What human should be allowed to occupy the womb He occupied? When the Bibl refers to brother, sisters is not found in the Bible since it was not written whit inclusive langauge, it does not mean what you and I think of brothers. In the original text brother (dolphis) meant a close relation i.e. a cousin or close friend. Who was closer than the apostles? The brothers mentioned, James, Simon and Judas were apostles. In the orginal text Mary and Elizabeth are refered to as brothers, are they?

Matthew 1:24-25 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

The clear and understandable reading is that Joseph did not have sexual relations with his wife until after she gave birth to Jesus.

Rome has adopted pagan customs and beliefs. One of them is worshipping the Queen of Heaven.

That is why they have devloped the Mary being a perpetual virgin fable.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

fatimacrowdsm.jpg

Romes false goddess

notapseudonym said:

notapseudonym writes:

"In the orginal text Mary and Elizabeth are refered to as brothers, are they?"

bibleberean answers:

Nope they are cousins. The bible makes that clear.

Luke 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

4773. suggenes
Search for G4773 in KJVSL
suggenhV suggenes soong-ghen-ace'

from 4862 and 1085; a relative (by blood); by extension, a fellow countryman:--cousin, kin(-sfolk, -sman).

See Greek 4862
See Greek 1085

The English translation refers translates dolphis tho cousins in the case of Mary and Elizabeth, it is that simple.
Bibleberean, that is a very pretty picture of a procession in honor of Mary.
Please prove to me that Mary was not a virgin all her life, I will believe if you can prove it to me, otherwise I will have to take it on as a matter of faith,

notapseudonym said:
The English translation refers translates dolphis tho cousins in the case of Mary and Elizabeth, it is that simple.
Bibleberean, that is a very pretty picture of a procession in honor of Mary.
Please prove to me that Mary was not a virgin all her life, I will believe if you can prove it to me, otherwise I will have to take it on as a matter of faith,

If you are a Roman Catholic the only thing I can do for you is pray that you won't remain stubbornly lost in false doctrine.

I prayed and witnessed to my mother for over 10 years and 2 weeks before she died she renounced the Roman Catholic faith.

No amount of evidence I presented worked until she opened up her heart to the clear teachings of the bible as opposed to the false apostate teachings of Rome.

Praise God! She was saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ. She believed that through His death, burial and resurrection she could have eternal life.

I know I will see her in heaven.

Thank you Lord Jesus! :biggrin

idol1.jpg

Le 26:1 ¶ Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

idol2.jpg

De 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

I will pray for your mother's soul, and yours. My mind is open to what you believe, but I see no reason to turn away from the Chruch yet. Maybe you should open your mind also.

notapseudonym said:
I will pray for your mother's soul, and yours. My mind is open to what you believe, but I see no reason to turn away from the Chruch yet. Maybe you should open your mind also.

I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic. I believed in the church until I saw the truth.

Now I believe in the Jesus of the bible not the false Christ of Rome.

I hope you will stick around and like me you will see the light of Christ over Rome's dark superstitions.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

My mother is with the Lord awaiting the resurrection.

Praying for the dead in Christ has no value for them. Pray for wisdom instead.

In His service,

bibleberean

I posted two images of the Pope bowing before statues in direct contradiction to the Holy scriptures. for some reason the images are no longer to be viewed.

just thought you needed to know.

We do not bow down or what you would consider praying to a statue or other image. We do this because of what the image signifies, who the image is of, for it is a visuale reminder of the person. For example, we have a statue of Mary in our house. We pray the family rosary around this statue, not because we are praying to Mary but because we see the statue and remember, oh Mary, my mother in Heaven.

Do you have pictures in your house? I do too. I have one of a good friend of mine who moved away. We would laugh at each other, try and bug each other in fun and talk about problems each saturday. Well he is not in town anymore. When I have a problem, like the ones I talked to him about, I look at the picture and make a comment like, "I wish you were here to laugh at me right now." I am not worshiping his picture, I am not bowing down before him, I am remebering him and his friendship.

I will continue to pray for you.

Back