Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Running With A Purpose

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

“Running With A Purpose”
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

This past Sunday in our small group Bible study, we were discussing how we need to be missional in life and get things done instead of just talking about doing them. It was a powerful lesson we all took in and as we read this passage, I was focused on the part of ”So I run with purpose in every step”. I thought about all the things I do each and every day and why I do them.

I thought about all I do each day from the time I get up in the morning to the time I lay down to go to bed at night. What is my purpose behind each thing I do and each place I go? Am I living to just get the day of work over with to get home to be with my family? Don’t get me wrong that it’s great to look forward to being home with my family each night. But, there’s more to each day of life. Whether I am at work, at home with my family or going somewhere, I am called to live and run with a purpose.

I used to be a cross-country and track runner and I remember how focused I was on doing the best I could. I remember the pain I often went to in order to get my body in shape. It was so challenging, but I was determined to stay in shape so that I could run my best. I needed to stay determined and committed so that I could run the best I could. I ran with a purpose to do my best and achieve my best.

Friends, this is why we need to train each and every day to be the best God wants us to be. We are living and running each day from this to that. Do we ever really stop to consider what we are doing and why we are doing it? I sure hope so. And, if we’re not….we need to START!

I want to be missional in my life to not just live each day in a normal routine. I want to be the best God has asked me to be and take advantage of every opportunity to do what He has called me to do.

Are you and I living and running with a purpose?

“Running With A Purpose”
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

This past Sunday in our small group Bible study, we were discussing how we need to be missional in life and get things done instead of just talking about doing them. It was a powerful lesson we all took in and as we read this passage, I was focused on the part of ”So I run with purpose in every step”. I thought about all the things I do each and every day and why I do them.

I thought about all I do each day from the time I get up in the morning to the time I lay down to go to bed at night. What is my purpose behind each thing I do and each place I go? Am I living to just get the day of work over with to get home to be with my family? Don’t get me wrong that it’s great to look forward to being home with my family each night. But, there’s more to each day of life. Whether I am at work, at home with my family or going somewhere, I am called to live and run with a purpose.

I used to be a cross-country and track runner and I remember how focused I was on doing the best I could. I remember the pain I often went to in order to get my body in shape. It was so challenging, but I was determined to stay in shape so that I could run my best. I needed to stay determined and committed so that I could run the best I could. I ran with a purpose to do my best and achieve my best.

Friends, this is why we need to train each and every day to be the best God wants us to be. We are living and running each day from this to that. Do we ever really stop to consider what we are doing and why we are doing it? I sure hope so. And, if we’re not….we need to START!

I want to be missional in my life to not just live each day in a normal routine. I want to be the best God has asked me to be and take advantage of every opportunity to do what He has called me to do.

Are you and I living and running with a purpose?
Yes, thanks be to God.
And God provides the strength and endurance...not to mention the prize.

Back