Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
How many of you have gone to Church all your lives just because you were either forced to go by your parents when you were a child or just thought it was the right thing to do once a week? How many times have you walked out the door after the service ended not even remembering what the sermon was, but at least feeling good about yourself for going in the first place? Do you even know what the meaning of salvation is in your own life and that it’s a personal relationship with Jesus? How do you know you are truly saved by Gods grace and mercy that brings salvation to all who will hear God’s calling and act to that calling? Did you accept Jesus because you were told to out of force or did you accept Jesus out of your own freewill to have that personal relationship with him? Before you answer any of these questions think about them first and be truthful with yourself as only God knows the hearts of his children who are called by his name. Our emotions can be deceiving at times when we allow ourselves to get caught up in the moment, but yet can leave us empty inside when we are left apart from that emotional atmosphere as we go back to our homes.

Gods’ plan of salvation is for everyone who answers his call as we are all sinners and it is only by Gods grace that we are saved for there is nothing we can do of ourselves. Many, like myself, have come to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior without much knowledge and we need to gain knowledge, wisdom and understanding of Gods word by studying through his Spirit teaching us all things rightly dividing the word of truth as we know Gods word does not come back void and will accomplish that which he pleases.

Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit we go through Gods word and find out just what it means to be saved and or born again and who Jesus is and why we need him in our lives.​

John 10:26-28 "but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

There is a lot of confusion and falling away taking place currently in the world. Through all of that, we can hear his voice through the smoke-screen. Faith is in Christ alone. Our faith isn't in the building created for worship, it isn't political parties, it isn't in our faith leaders.......it is in Jesus and the Word.

John 10:26-28 "but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

There is a lot of confusion and falling away taking place currently in the world. Through all of that, we can hear his voice through the smoke-screen. Faith is in Christ alone. Our faith isn't in the building created for worship, it isn't political parties, it isn't in our faith leaders.......it is in Jesus and the Word.
Amen sister.

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Many, like myself, have come to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior without much knowledge and we need to gain knowledge, wisdom and understanding of Gods word by studying through his Spirit teaching us all things rightly dividing the word of truth.

Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit we go through Gods word and find out just what it means to be saved and or born again and who Jesus is and why we need him in our lives.​
If you understand all of what Scripture teaches when you are saved, then you waited way too long to obey Christ for salvation.

The parable of the soils exemplifies this. The only soil that did not accept the Gospel (and thus was not saved at one point) was the soil of the path, where the birds came and ate the seed before it began to grow.
All of the other soils, the seed (the Gospel) began to grow in. But among the rocks it never grew roots (the person didn't study and become more knowledgeable in the Word).
Among the thorns and thistles it grew some roots, but the person did not continue to surround themselves with the Body, so they were alone when the trials of life came, and they were choked out by the cares of this world.
But those in the fertile soil studied to grow deep roots, and surrounded themselves with others of the Body to help protect themselves from the pull of the cares of this world, thus staying strong until Judgement.

How many of you have gone to Church all your lives just because you were either forced to go by your parents when you were a child or just thought it was the right thing to do once a week? How many times have you walked out the door after the service ended not even remembering what the sermon was, but at least feeling good about yourself for going in the first place? Do you even know what the meaning of salvation is in your own life and that it’s a personal relationship with Jesus? How do you know you are truly saved by Gods grace and mercy that brings salvation to all who will hear God’s calling and act to that calling? Did you accept Jesus because you were told to out of force or did you accept Jesus out of your own freewill to have that personal relationship with him? Before you answer any of these questions think about them first and be truthful with yourself as only God knows the hearts of his children who are called by his name. Our emotions can be deceiving at times when we allow ourselves to get caught up in the moment, but yet can leave us empty inside when we are left apart from that emotional atmosphere as we go back to our homes.

Gods’ plan of salvation is for everyone who answers his call as we are all sinners and it is only by Gods grace that we are saved for there is nothing we can do of ourselves. Many, like myself, have come to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior without much knowledge and we need to gain knowledge, wisdom and understanding of Gods word by studying through his Spirit teaching us all things rightly dividing the word of truth as we know Gods word does not come back void and will accomplish that which he pleases.

How do you know if you are saved?

SALVATION – delivered from sin, promise of our welfare brought about by faith in Christ Jesus.

Salvation means to be whole mind, body and soul as we surrender our will to God and allow his will to work in our lives by applying Gods word to every aspect of our lives. This allows us to know the mind of Christ and all the promises of God for our own well being so we can face anything that tries to come against us while here on this earth so we can triumph and be victorious through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Grace pardons us and mercy loves us unconditionally.​

First it's the confession of your faith believing in your heart Jesus is your Lord and Savior and died on the cross to redeem of of our sins as we repent of them. It's through the Spiritual rebirth and the confession of our faith that begins our relationship and fellowship with Christ as we begin to learn of Him, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9,10, Colossians 3:1-17.

Matthew 24 Jesus explained to His disciples the many things that will happen before He returns and those who trust in His promises and endure unto His coming they will be saved from God's judgement of damnation.

SALVATION – delivered from sin, promise of our welfare brought about by faith in Christ Jesus.

Salvation means to be whole mind, body and soul as we surrender our will to God and allow his will to work in our lives by applying Gods word to every aspect of our lives. This allows us to know the mind of Christ and all the promises of God for our own well being so we can face anything that tries to come against us while here on this earth so we can triumph and be victorious through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Grace pardons us and mercy loves us unconditionally.​

First it's the confession of your faith believing in your heart Jesus is your Lord and Savior and died on the cross to redeem of of our sins as we repent of them. It's through the Spiritual rebirth and the confession of our faith that begins our relationship and fellowship with Christ as we begin to learn of Him, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9,10, Colossians 3:1-17.

Matthew 24 Jesus explained to His disciples the many things that will happen before He returns and those who trust in His promises and endure unto His coming they will be saved from God's judgement of damnation.
In addition to this must be added obedience.
Heb 5:9 - "And having been perfected, He [Jesus] became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him."
Obey Him how? By obeying the commandments in the New Testament (NT) that mention a prerequisite to salvation.
Rom 10:9-10 - "...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts 3:19 - "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord"
Mark 16:16 - "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
Acts 2:38 - "Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

There are a few others that mention these same prerequisites.
Finally, remember that belief alone is not sufficient. Belief (mental assent without action) is not enough to bring God's saving grace upon us. How do we know?
James 2:19 - "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!"
In other words, the demons believe, but they put no action behind their belief, and so their belief is meaningless. Look on down to James 2:26 (also stated in James 2:17 (You think God thought it might be important)) - "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
Our actions are the soul that gives life to our belief and turns it into faith. Without faith (active belief) it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6).

If you understand all of what Scripture teaches when you are saved, then you waited way too long to obey Christ for salvation.

The parable of the soils exemplifies this. The only soil that did not accept the Gospel (and thus was not saved at one point) was the soil of the path, where the birds came and ate the seed before it began to grow.
All of the other soils, the seed (the Gospel) began to grow in. But among the rocks it never grew roots (the person didn't study and become more knowledgeable in the Word).
Among the thorns and thistles it grew some roots, but the person did not continue to surround themselves with the Body, so they were alone when the trials of life came, and they were choked out by the cares of this world.
But those in the fertile soil studied to grow deep roots, and surrounded themselves with others of the Body to help protect themselves from the pull of the cares of this world, thus staying strong until Judgement.
Here's is one thing that I never realized for a long time in Matthew 24:13 and Romans 10:9 is the word "will" and "shall" as none of us are saved yet as we have not endured everything in this life that will come against us in what Jesus taught in Matthew 24 that is even now happening in the world. It's our steadfastness in His word as we walk in obedience to His commands and statures and to know God's promises.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

We do get into the flesh at times because we still live in this sinful body that is corrupt, but we do have a mediator before the Father being Christ Jesus who makes intercession for us when we fall at times and humbled ourselves before Him as we repent before Him. We will fall, we will make mistakes along the way, but Christ will always pick us up, dust us off and set our path straight again.

No one could ever understand all that is in the scriptures as we are always learning. If the word of God falls on good soil then it will take root and grow when it is watered by the word of God.

Back