Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

San Jose Pentecostal church conducts exorcism ritual on 3-year-old, leading to death

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

T. E. Smith

Romantic Rationalist

Faith leaders at a dangerous Pentecostal church in San Jose have confirmed that they performed an exorcism ceremony on a 3-year-old girl to "liberate her of her evil spirits." The pastor and the girl's uncle held her down as her mother choked her to death during the exorcism, attempting, I presume, to get the demons out. Authorities were not called until an hour or two after her death. These exorcisms are dark activities that certainly ought never to be practiced on young children.

20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:20-23 NKJ)

20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:20-23 NKJ)

When Satanists, Sorcerers, Spiritualists, and non-Christian religions successfully exorcise demons, its not accomplished by the power of the Devil because Satan never works against himself, therefore it is impossible "Satan casts out Satan" (Mt. 12:25-27). Satanic exorcism is masterful deception, the demon feigns discomfort and willingly leaves the possessed so both practitioner and victim believe the "lie" the "sign" or "wonder" taught (2 Th. 2:9). For example, these "itinerant Jewish exorcists" added the names of Jesus and Paul to their usual magic incantations. Unlike previous exorcisms, the demon chose not to leave and the man it possessed attacked the exorcists physically (Acts 19:13-16). The same is true of the End Time TARE False Prophets whom Christ says are the "children of the Devil" (Mt. 13:38). Their casting out demons is unlike signs and wonders done by the <em>energeia tou Satana<'em> (2 Th. 2:9), here the casting out is a satanic ruse to deceive the exorcism is done by the Holy Spirit. Jesus denies that is possible as He "never knew" them.

When Satanists, Sorcerers, Spiritualists, and non-Christian religions successfully exorcise demons, its not accomplished by the power of the Devil because Satan never works against himself, therefore it is impossible "Satan casts out Satan" (Mt. 12:25-27). Satanic exorcism is masterful deception, the demon feigns discomfort and willingly leaves the possessed so both practitioner and victim believe the "lie" the "sign" or "wonder" taught (2 Th. 2:9). For example, these "itinerant Jewish exorcists" added the names of Jesus and Paul to their usual magic incantations. Unlike previous exorcisms, the demon chose not to leave and the man it possessed attacked the exorcists physically (Acts 19:13-16). The same is true of the End Time TARE False Prophets whom Christ says are the "children of the Devil" (Mt. 13:38). Their casting out demons is unlike signs and wonders done by the <em>energeia tou Satana<'em> (2 Th. 2:9), here the casting out is a satanic ruse to deceive the exorcism is done by the Holy Spirit. Jesus denies that is possible as He "never knew" them.
Do you know what Satanism actually is? And another good explanation is that there was no demon at all. At the very least, we can probably all agree that this exorcism was definitely not real.

Do you know what Satanism actually is? And another good explanation is that there was no demon at all. At the very least, we can probably all agree that this exorcism was definitely not real.
I disagree. While I don't care what Satanism is, I do believe Scripture 100% and it teaches Satan and demons exist, and possess people, animals and even insects. Accordingly, if a shaman or magician claims to exorcise demons, i don't dispute they truly believe they do. But I know from scripture, they are being deceived by the demon into thinking their non-Christian path is the way to do.

There is salvation only in Jesus, He is the Door all must walk through, to get right with God.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (Jn. 14:6 NKJ)

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12 NKJ)

God rest that poor precious little girl. I cannot imagine the terror she felt as these people she knew, and others, struggling to kill her.Prison for everybody involved! Not just the mom.

No one helped that poor little girl.

I disagree. While I don't care what Satanism is, I do believe Scripture 100% and it teaches Satan and demons exist, and possess people, animals and even insects. Accordingly, if a shaman or magician claims to exorcise demons, i don't dispute they truly believe they do. But I know from scripture, they are being deceived by the demon into thinking their non-Christian path is the way to do.

There is salvation only in Jesus, He is the Door all must walk through, to get right with God.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (Jn. 14:6 NKJ)

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12 NKJ)
Indeed, but that need not mean that every case of alleged demon possession is real. When I was a Christian and believed fully in demons, virtually every modern story I saw on demon possession, did not appear authentic.

Not really. Give us a rundown of it.
For starters, they don't believe in a literal Satan, or even in the spiritual at all. Satan is the symbol of the eternal rebel forever struggling against arbitrary authority. But I'd rather not have this thread become a discussion of Satanism, though I'd be very happy to discuss the religion in PMs.

Indeed, but that need not mean that every case of alleged demon possession is real. When I was a Christian and believed fully in demons, virtually every modern story I saw on demon possession, did not appear authentic.
Of course a rationalist would say that, without empirical proof you jump to the conclusion you know from a few cases, what all of them are. That is flawed logic. A Hasty Generalization Fallacy if I recall correctly.

As a rationalist whose epistemology parallels Christian belief in rational and innate truth (=God given conscience), you should appreciate my apriori believe Scripture is 100% truth. Therefore, as it reports a demon attacked non-christian exorcists, I have all the proof I need demons exist and no Christian exorcism is bogus deception:

13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches."
14 Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?"
16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. (Acts 19:13-16 NKJ)

That account disproves your hasty generalization they are all fake.

However, as a former godless empiricist, i was shocked to discover the Bible is the perfect empirical experiment leading to the conclusion it is a divine book. Add that to the absurdity of the human eye being a product of mindless generational accretion, I was driven to read the Bible. When I did, its work exerted a power on my soul I cannot quantify. I could not rest until I read it cover to cover and then some.

As it led me to being born again by the Spirit of God in a truly spectacular way, I have both rationalist and empiricist reasons for trusting the Bible 100%. Now i have a body of truth I can plumb for truth, chiefly using abduction, but also deduction and induction.

I trust that explains why:

1) Don't know or care about Satanism. Any idea he is a rebel against authority is deception, he craved worship from lessor creatures that is owed only to God. His great logical argument that swayed a third of heaven's angels to join him, was obviously impossible. God never makes mistakes, and the proof Satan and angels thought they had against that truth, was the result of their own confirmation bias:

2)I know your incomplete survey of exorcism is 100% wrong. Demons do exist and they do possess people. Of course, given humanity's goal of enriching themselves by fraud and deception, there will be fake exorcisms. But to think they represent the whole, is a hasty generalization.

I agree. It wasn’t. The problem is these people had no idea of how things work or are governed in the spiritual realm. They also are unable to hear Gods still small or speaking louder voice. They just thought whatever they think is right Obviously that was not the case.

If we look at Jesus’ exorcism, we see he knew what he was doing. They don’t.

I agree. It wasn’t. The problem is these people had no idea of how things work or are governed in the spiritual realm. They also are unable to hear Gods still small or speaking louder voice. They just thought whatever they think is right Obviously that was not the case.

If we look at Jesus’ exorcism, we see he knew what he was doing. They don’t.
While I agree Jesus knew what He was doing, Jesus didn't do exorcisms. They are rites with incantations. Jesus commanded evil spirits with a word, and they came out. That's not an exorcism. The Jews of Jesus' day recognized the difference immediately:

Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, "What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out." (Lk. 4:36 NKJ)

Exorcisms are not Christian. Never does the Bible command we do exorcisms. The apostles were granted Jesus' authority to command Demons come out, they didn't exorcise them out:

17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name."
18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
(Lk. 10:17-20 NKJ)

Only those Jesus who walked with Jesus and were appointed by Him received this "sign of those who believe":

17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mk. 16:17-20 NKJ)

That special authority to cast out demons doesn't exist today. Notice the writer of Hebrews speaks of those special signs and wonders that authenticated the Word of God before the Bible was fully written, in the past tense:

3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will? (Heb. 2:3-4 NKJ)

The only way a demon can be driven out of a possessed person today, is for the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus. The Holy Spirit will drive it out as He enters the life of the believer.

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 Jn. 4:4 NKJ)

We don't need signs authenticating the Bible, that was already fully accomplished by the apostles.

While I agree Jesus knew what He was doing, Jesus didn't do exorcisms. They are rites with incantations. Jesus commanded evil spirits with a word, and they came out. That's not an exorcism. The Jews of Jesus' day recognized the difference immediately:

Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, "What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out." (Lk. 4:36 NKJ)

Exorcisms are not Christian. Never does the Bible command we do exorcisms. The apostles were granted Jesus' authority to command Demons come out, they didn't exorcise them out:

17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name."
18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
(Lk. 10:17-20 NKJ)

Only those Jesus who walked with Jesus and were appointed by Him received this "sign of those who believe":

17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mk. 16:17-20 NKJ)

That special authority to cast out demons doesn't exist today. Notice the writer of Hebrews speaks of those special signs and wonders that authenticated the Word of God before the Bible was fully written, in the past tense:

3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will? (Heb. 2:3-4 NKJ)

The only way a demon can be driven out of a possessed person today, is for the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus. The Holy Spirit will drive it out as He enters the life of the believer.

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 Jn. 4:4 NKJ)

We don't need signs authenticating the Bible, that was already fully accomplished by the apostles.
I don’t see the difference between exorcism and casting out a demon, frankly speaking. The end result is the same.

And I also think demons (who don’t “possess” people, but instead empower them)can still be cast out.

Edward Actually, scratch that, I forgot this forum is not moderated or censored, so I would not mind discussing it here.

Ok. But I don't even know enough about it to be able to ask good questions about it. All I have ever heard about it is a few testimonies here and there. And a couple of converted witches. So go for it. Learn something new every day!

I don’t see the difference between exorcism and casting out a demon, frankly speaking. The end result is the same.

And I also think demons (who don’t “possess” people, but instead empower them)can still be cast out.
The difference is elegant. Christ with a word of authority command they come out of the possessed. Exorcism is a rite with protocols. They are not the same as the scriptures I cited proved, those watching Jesus were amazed at His authority. Very different than an exorcism.

I can't see much difference in them from a practical view.

I tink it was the Catholics which came up with calling it exorcism and adding ritual and incantations to it and all like that. But Jesus said He has given us the authority to cast them out, and that, everything He did, we will do and more.

But! He also said...this kind comes out only throgh prayer and fasting. Which is telling us that some demons are more powerful than others.
And I don't think it means pray and fast when youre confromting the spirit. You do that way before ever coming into contact with the possessed person. IOW, a greater anointing is needed for them received after much fasting and prayer. Then you can do it, and not get beat up by a demon like happened to that one guy in Acts.

Back