Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Secretariat

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

destiny

Best movie I've seen in years!!! Good, clean, doesn't matter if you like horses or not, you'll like this one!!

The trailer looks great! I heard an interview with the guy who wrote the book, and it as pretty true to it, according to him. :thumbsup

It is an accurate account.. the lady who owned Secretariat oversaw the movie and made sure they got it right. We came home and pulled the real races up on youtube... he was an amazing horse and his record has never been approached by another horse to this day.

Okay, for us po boys who had to wait for this to come out on video, I thought this was a very good movie, very clean, but I have my critiques. Did they really need the ultra "bad guy" that the owner of Secretariat was racing against? He was so contrived!

And what about a mother who leaves her children for a year while her daughter is going through a time in her life where she's rebelling? I don't think I would like that aspect of the story if it were a father either.

The racing scenes were great, and they kept me on the edge of my seat. My wife and two oldest kids (15 &12) were caught up too. I just can't get into the mindset that horses are athletes. Some people ponder whether Secretariat was the best athlete ever. He was a horse! I love animals, but they're not athletes. It was a very good movie; not the best, but still very good.

Back