Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Section 1 Need Help

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I haven't participated in this thread because I don't feel adequate to do so. It is a very serious part of the forum., please don't think I'm not interested, I'm just not wise
What I am doing is praying that the right decisions are made and for the forum itself, so that it can be exactly what God wants it to be. Full of Love, peace, discernment, wisdom and understanding of one another
A great witness for God, where non-Christians will find what they are looking for and want to join God's family.
I will pray for this every day.
Please forgive me for not being able to contribute with ideas, I just am not confident enough to do that.

I haven't participated in this thread because I don't feel adequate to do so. It is a very serious part of the forum., please don't think I'm not interested, I'm just not wise
What I am doing is praying that the right decisions are made and for the forum itself, so that it can be exactly what God wants it to be. Full of Love, peace, discernment, wisdom and understanding of one another
A great witness for God, where non-Christians will find what they are looking for and want to join God's family.
Please forgive me for not being able to contribute with ideas, I just am not confident enough to do that.

Tessa, you express GREAT wisdom here!

And where would the Church be without our praying elderly women? That role is SO much more important than the rest of it, and has been, down through the ages ...

That's okay, I don't have very many ideas either. I just agree with a lot that's already been said. :)

Which is why I believe your the right person to be in the position you are in, for this time and season here at the Net.

Because I trust the motive of your heart, it helps me to embrace your perspective of what the priorities are for the Forum, in this new season.

My perspective (because we see in part), or the part I see that is important in the unity of faith in the bond of peace is to emphasize the truth of the doctrine of Christ.

The part that says...that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine,

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— Ephesians 4:11-15

The way I’m geared is to expound upon foundational doctrinal principals, so as to bring clarity and common understanding for the purpose of the unity of faith.

However I’m working on this part .

• speaking the truth in love

For me personally, I don’t believe we are to compromise truth for the sake of unity.

At the same time, I believe truth spoken outside of the character of love is little more than divination.

So goes the delicate balance which requires God’s wisdom, patience and love.

JLB

Very important statements from you:

For me personally, I don’t believe we are to compromise truth for the sake of unity.

At the same time, I believe truth spoken outside of the character of love is little more than divination.

Seems like those two statements should suffice, but I guess they don't.

Razeontherock raz,
I just looked at the version you have up in post 1.
Looks good so far. I'm not sure if that's your final draft, but when you get to the final draft we can skim it one last time and then move to section 2.
Again thanks for your hard work.

Back