Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Section 2 - Content

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

stovebolts

Alright wondering, lets see what you have for Section 2 for discussion :)

PLEASE SEE POST NO. 45 FOR UPDATED DRAFT 4.2
SECTION TWO
DEC 12

Last edited by a moderator:
StoveBolts
questdriven
Papa Zoom
JohnDB
Razeontherock
Mike
WIP
Truthfrees
JLB

This is SECTION TWO.
DRAFT Four
Discussion of Subjects

I wrote it out exactly as it was. I think it needs much work.

I saved it as a PDF file and it should look better....

Right now we're working on the actual content.
Pay no attention to grammar or spelling errors.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Draft 4
Section Two
Apache
Dec 9, 2018
TERMS OF SERVICE
TOS
DISCUSSION OF SUBJECTS

2.0 Some subjects are limited or banned.

2.1 Foul language and sexually explicit material are prohibited. Violent material is prohibited unless it relates to a news article.

2.2 Discussion of homosexuality, or LGBT, is limited and will be allowed only in Christian Talk and Advice and in the Bible Study Forum.

2.3 We understand the need to discuss LGBT issues and to provide support for those struggling with these issues: However, Godly discussion must be adhered to and a sinful life style must not be promoted in any form. We welcome sincere biblical discussion and requests for support and prayer.

2.4 Active promotion of other faiths is not allowed. Atheism, for our purposes, is considered a belief. This includes posting images, links, messages or photos that promote a religion other than biblical and historical Christianity. Other faiths include, but are not limited to: Full Preterism, Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent Seed,
Dual Seed or Two-Seedline Doctrine. These discussions are limited to, and only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum since this jis a Christian Forum.
If you are not sure about a site or its content, please direct your questions to a moderator assigned to the forum you wish to use, or to any of the staff.

2.5 Non-Christians will not create threads inviting members to ask them
about their belief system. For example: As the Atheist or Ask the Agnostic. This will be considered the promotion of another faith.

2.6 The New World Translation and Book of Mormom are not considered Christian bibles and verses cannot be posted on this site.

2.7 Discussion of other questionable sources, documents, writings, etc. is acceptable but cannot be used as a basis of support within a discussion or debate.

2.8 Discussion of conspiracy theories often lead to hostile debate and are prohibited on this site.

2.9 Discussion of Catholic Doctrine is limited. It will be allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum and End Times Forum. Content in the End Times Forum should relate only to the Catholic Doctrine beliefs regarding this subject matter. Do not sway existing threads toward a discussion that may
be viewed as Catholic in nature.

2.10 Anti-Christian content will be considered a hostile act.

2.11 We consider Paul's writings to be part of the inspired Word of God. Any postings that are intended to purposefully distort or discredit Paul's writings will not be accepted.

2.12 This is a Christian site. Any attempt to degrade Christianity or declare it false, including the basic tenets of our faith, is against the basic purpose of this site. Links to anti-Christian web sites will be removed.

Please read: Statement of Faith (SOF)
https://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?pages/statement-of-faith/

Last edited:
StoveBolts
questdriven
Papa Zoom
JohnDB
Razeontherock
Mike
WIP
Truthfrees
JLB

This is SECTION TWO.
DRAFT Four
Discussion of Subjects

I wrote it out exactly as it was. I think it needs much work.

I saved it as a PDF file and it should look better....

Right now we're working on the actual content.
Pay no attention to grammar or spelling errors.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Draft 4
Section Two
Apache
Dec 9, 2018
TERMS OF SERVICE
TOS
DISCUSSION OF SUBJECTS

2.0 Some subjects are limited or banned.

2.1 Foul language and explicit material are prohibited.
Violent material is prohibited unless it relates to a news article.

2.2 Discussion of homosexuality, or LGBT, is limited and will be allowed only in Christian Talk and Advice and in the Bible Study Forum.

2.3 We understand the need to discuss LGBT issues and to provide support for those struggling with these issues: However, Godly discussion must be adhered to and a sinful life style must not be promoted in any form. We welcome sincere biblical discussion and requests for support and prayer.

2.4 Active promotion of other faiths is not allowed. Atheism, for our purposes, is considered a belief. This includes posting images, links, messages or photos that promote a religion other than biblical and historical Christianity. Other faiths include, but are not limited to: Full Preterism, Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent Seed,
Dual Seed or Two-Seedline Doctrine. These discussions are limited to, and only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum since this jis a Christian Forum.
If you are not sure about a site or its content, please direct your questions to a moderator assigned to the forum you wish to use, or to any of the staff.

2.5 Non-Christians will not create threads inviting members to ask them
about their belief system. For example: As the Atheist or Ask the Agnostic. This will be considered the promotion of another faith.

2.6 The New World Translation and Book of Mormom are not considered Christian bibles and verses cannot be posted on this site.

2.7 Discussion of other questionable sources, documents, writings, etc. is acceptable but cannot be used as a basis of support within a discussion or debate.

2.8 Discussion of conspiracy theories often lead to hostile debate and are prohibited on this site.

2.9 Discussion of Catholic Doctrine is limited. It will be allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum and End Times Forum. Content in the End Times Forum should relate only to the Catholic Doctrine beliefs regarding this subject matter. Do not sway existing threads toward a discussion that may
be viewed as Catholic in nature.

2.10 Anti-Christian content will be considered a hostile act.

2.11 We consider Paul's writings to be part of the inspired Word of God. Any postings that are intended to purposefully distort or discredit Paul's writings will not be accepted.

2.12 This is a Christian site. Any attempt to degrade Christianity or declare it false, including the basic tenets of our faith, is against the basic purpose of this site. Links to anti-Christian web sites will be removed.

Please read: Statement of Faith (SOF)
https://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?pages/statement-of-faith/

P.S. for StoveBolts
I DID add the point about not using foul language, etc. which was taken out of Section One: Behavior.

Truthfrees

I didn't use my old Word program.
I used Apache --- legally free off the net !
It's possible to "export to pdf" under File.

it worked! I had to make very minor adjustments on here.
I can't remember if I told you this so you could also stop all the testing....

Section Two needs a lot of work. If StoveBolts gives me the go-ahead I'll fix it --- but he needs to see it first.

Don't go away!!!

Truthfrees

I didn't use my old Word program.
I used Apache --- legally free off the net !
It's possible to "export to pdf" under File.

it worked! I had to make very minor adjustments on here.
I can't remember if I told you this so you could also stop all the testing....

Section Two needs a lot of work. If StoveBolts gives me the go-ahead I'll fix it --- but he needs to see it first.

Don't go away!!!
really? - that's awesome - do you have a link? - i see a lot of apache stuff and don't know which one

Actually, there isn't much in this entire section where I like the wording. It's all geared at past arguments where conversations had to get shut down because the conversations got out of control.

Catholic doctrines should be allowed, but not for the purpose of debate or creating division.

Doctrines and theologies where heretical sources such as the book of Mormon, Gospel of Thomas, Enoch etc are the backbone of said theologies, those should remain. There has to be a way of rewording these.

Actually, there isn't much in this entire section where I like the wording. It's all geared at past arguments where conversations had to get shut down because the conversations got out of control.

Catholic doctrines should be allowed, but not for the purpose of debate or creating division.

Doctrines and theologies where heretical sources such as the book of Mormon, Gospel of Thomas, Enoch etc are the backbone of said theologies, those should remain. There has to be a way of rewording these.
I think Truthfrees did a great job.
Do you mean to abolish all of section two as it stands and redo it from scratch?

You'd have to be specific about which numbers you want eliminated and which you want changed. Only YOU know what you'd like it to say...

Then we could get to work on the wording --- I love how Truthfrees expresses thoughts.

What do you think?

2.1 Why is explicit material prohibited?

Explicit means very clear and detailed information leaving no room for doubt.

Two thoughts on restricting material to be talked about.

1). If we can talk about the material in a civil and understanding way then keeping the subjects open can be used as a teaching tool. To confront what is s right and what is wrong openly and remove misunderstandings, as well as explain how a religous content is wrong.

However, that's a big if to fill that condition. If we stay civil and understanding. I think there's wisdom in acknowledging where a subject is consistently leading to division.

2). 2 Timothy 2:14-19, 23-26, and Titus 3:9-11 all talk about avoiding useless bickering, even to name a few of the subjects that lead into those arguments, as well as what to do with a divisive person.

I don't know the right path for divisive subjects and divisive content, because I think they are a struggle for many people so confronting them and being open to talk about them is worth it to edifying, encouraging and correcting. However Paul gave his advise to avoid these quarrels to both Timothy and Titus. That's not something to ignore when we look at modern day divisive issues.

Being always ready to teach, correct, and give our testimony, while at the same time avoiding the divisive subjects isn't a balance I know how to do. Both points are there in the bible. For constructing the TOS on restricted content, I'll just trust you guys on what content is restricted and what isn't. Though I'd like to be able to understand Catholic beliefs and traditions more, so having that as an open subject is something I'd be ok with. I honestly don't know much except that they are Christian too, have much of Christianity's history protected and persevered, and apparently are a very divisive topic and rejected by many Protestant Christians.

Either way. Those three verses on division was really all I had to contribute. Good luck guys. :)

Two thoughts on restricting material to be talked about.

1). If we can talk about the material in a civil and understanding way then keeping the subjects open can be used as a teaching tool. To confront what is s right and what is wrong openly and remove misunderstandings, as well as explain how a religous content is wrong.

However, that's a big if to fill that condition. If we stay civil and understanding. I think there's wisdom in acknowledging where a subject is consistently leading to division.

2). 2 Timothy 2:14-19, 23-26, and Titus 3:9-11 all talk about avoiding useless bickering, even to name a few of the subjects that lead into those arguments, as well as what to do with a divisive person.

I don't know the right path for divisive subjects and divisive content, because I think they are a struggle for many people so confronting them and being open to talk about them is worth it to edifying, encouraging and correcting. However Paul gave his advise to avoid these quarrels to both Timothy and Titus. That's not something to ignore when we look at modern day divisive issues.

Being always ready to teach, correct, and give our testimony, while at the same time avoiding the divisive subjects isn't a balance I know how to do. Both points are there in the bible. For constructing the TOS on restricted content, I'll just trust you guys on what content is restricted and what isn't. Though I'd like to be able to understand Catholic beliefs and traditions more, so having that as an open subject is something I'd be ok with. I honestly don't know much except that they are Christian too, have much of Christianity's history protected and persevered, and apparently are a very divisive topic and rejected by many Protestant Christians.

Either way. Those three verses on division was really all I had to contribute. Good luck guys. :)
I would have to agree with you.
IF StoveBolts could make this into the type of forum he envisions, we'd be able to talk about ANYTHING!

I agree with you about discussing Catholicism. I always felt very restricted when we couldn't discuss it before except in the end times forum --- I don't even know much about end times but a lot about the doctrine.

I feel like it's not the subject that causes the bickering, but people. I'm sure about this because some persons are so sarcastic and nasty that it brings out the worse in people and it takes a lot of self-control to speak to them. Sometimes I just stop speaking to them --- maybe we should add that somewhere?

Anyway, you have some good points.

Back