Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

sex is only for the creation of a child

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi saintman. Now I'm not interested in sex myself (I'm asexual), but it actually does have a purpose between a married couple besides only having a baby. It helps to bond them closer together. God created sex as a good thing. It is people who have made it dirty.

"sex is only for the creation of a child"

If you will notice, the Song of Solomon is a book that on the surface is all about sex. (yes, I know there are allegorical and symbolic meanings, but I am not talking about that here) There are descriptions (mostly veiled in the erotic poetic images of the day) of all kinds of sexual activity, most of which are non-procreative.
Plus, even with the possibly-procreative regular intercourse, there is still NOT ONE WORD about getting pregnant or child birth.

On that basis alone I have to disagree with the above statement.

"respect your brothers and sisters"

That I can completely agree with.

Sorry but you have been missinformed.

Sex between Husband and Wife is an expression of love, of tenderness and of vunerability.

It is a means of giving and of receiving pleasure.

Yes it is a way of creating babies.

No where in the bible is sex between married couples banned or forbiddened.

True - in general. However, it is forbidden during menses - her period. That IS in the bible, in Leviticus.
You can decide for yourself if that is applicable in the New Covenant or not.

True - in general. However, it is forbidden during menses - her period. That IS in the bible, in Leviticus.
You can decide for yourself if that is applicable in the New Covenant or not.

Yes because blood has a special meaning as it looks forward to the shedding of Jesus's blood.

n
Sorry but you have been missinformed.

Sex between Husband and Wife is an expression of love, of tenderness and of vunerability.

It is a means of giving and of receiving pleasure.

Yes it is a way of creating babies.

not true

Well, God had to make it so it feels real good otherwise it would be a chore and no one would do it...and the goal was, be fruitful and multiply, so there you go.

There are many verses in the OT and NT about being conjugal between a husband and a wife that address pleasuring each other and has nothing to do with only making babies.

1Cor 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Cor 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1Cor 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
1Cor 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
1Cor 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Back