Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sexual feelings and emotions as a teenager

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hey! My girlfriend and I are both 16 and Christians, and recently we've been experimenting with each other's bodies. To preface, we know that sex is something that needs to wait for a while longer, but lately we've been really curious about what it feels like. We have just been reaching and touching under our clothes, and also making sexual movements and getting into sexual positions, but without completely taking off any clothes. We both like how it feels, and we also don't feel dirty or ashamed of it. We both love each other for more than just our bodies, so if we both have a strong, loving relationship not only with ourselves but also with God, is this unholy?

Hey! My girlfriend and I are both 16 and Christians, and recently we've been experimenting with each other's bodies. To preface, we know that sex is something that needs to wait for a while longer, but lately we've been really curious about what it feels like. We have just been reaching and touching under our clothes, and also making sexual movements and getting into sexual positions, but without completely taking off any clothes. We both like how it feels, and we also don't feel dirty or ashamed of it. We both love each other for more than just our bodies, so if we both have a strong, loving relationship not only with ourselves but also with God, is this unholy?
I would say that you're playing with fire. The more you allow yourselves to play with matches, the closer you will get to convincing yourselves that striking the match isn't really wrong and eventually you will get burned. I realize it is very hard to resist, especially when it is in our face on television, in advertising, in the way people dress and act, and in how easy it is to access on our smart phones and computers. I know this from personal experience in relationships and many other things. For example...

Simple things like using profanity. All my friends used profanity often and the more I hung out with them the closer I got to slipping a few softer profane words into my speech and the more I did it, the easier it became and the more profane my words grew until it was second nature. I had to really work hard to stop using profanity when I made the choice to do so but even today, I'll slip up once in a while, especially when I am frustrated or angry.

Drugs and alcohol. I resisted the peer pressure to drink for a while but eventually at the age of 17 I gave in. At first I was being very responsible and only drinking small amounts but eventually I began to take things further and getting drunk. During the 3-month summer break between my junior and senior year in high school, I spent an estimated $450.00 on beer. That was at a time when a 12-pack of beer cost about $2.50. Doing the math that adds up to 180 12-packs of beer or about 15 per week. That's a lot of drinking! I did manage to resist drugs but eventually, I did give in to trying pot (marijuana) and hashish, which is derived from marijuana but far more potent. Fortunately for me I eventually gave up the pot and hash and cut way back on my drinking. Today I still do enjoy an occasional beverage once in a while but I do not allow myself to get drunk. How I managed to get through that period without getting into a car accident and hurting someone or worse, I do not know. It is one of my life's regrets.

When I was about your age, I was tempted to steal. The soft term used was shoplifting, as if that is less wrong than stealing. Anyway, every time I would test the opportunity by temporarily placing something small into my pocket and then remove it without getting caught, I reinforced the desire to take it to the next level. Eventually I began to take things without getting caught. The more I did it, the more bold I became. I even began to get a feeling of pride and satisfaction from it. I felt in control and it gave me confidence and a sense of power. Believe it or not, I even got so good at it, that I was stealing entire car stereo systems without getting caught. Eventually, partially because my friend got nervous, I made a mistake and got caught. Getting caught was the best thing that could have happened. The humbling embarrassment and guilt I felt along with how it affected my parents respect and trust in me prompted me to repent and never looked back.

I remained a virgin until 1981 when I was 22. I had had a few girlfriends previously and like you we "played" around but I always managed to control myself and stop before going "too far." When I was 22 I met a girl and she was 17. I thought what we were doing was okay so long as we didn't take it "too far," but the more we messed around, the more confident and bold we became and the more we would push the envelope. Eventually, we gave in to our desires and allowed ourselves to take it to the final step. After that it got easier and easier to give in. Within just a couple months, my girlfriend became pregnant even though we were taking steps to prevent it. We felt we were in love so we got married. Legally, we were married for seven years but reality is that our marriage only lasted for about 1-1/2 years. My relationship with my son suffered greatly and it wasn't until he was about 25 years old that we began to slowly mend our relationship.

God made us with biological desires for each other for a reason but He also placed restrictions on that gift. It is to be only enjoyed within the confines of a marriage between a man and a women. Scripture speaks about the sins of sexual immorality which includes any sexual activity outside of marriage, adultery, homosexual behavior, incest, and bestiality. Here are a couple references for you.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 ESV
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Hebrews 13:4 ESV
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 ESV
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

Matthew 5:28 ESV
"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Do you believe God? Do you trust God? Do you want to honor God? Do you love God? Then demonstrate by your lifestyle in the things you think, say, and do. Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15 NKJV)

When it's the first post like this, I always suspect it is more to get a reaction than a real incident. I mean, who would come on a board and post something like this for their first post? It may be better to experiment in science class (chemistry, physics or whatever) at this age than to experiment with another's body. There are cases where high school lovers eventually marry, but it's a tad too soon at 16. Wait a few years and if it's true love it will last. Then experiment all you want.

but also with God, is this unholy?
if you have to ask .. then you just answered your own question .
i am not going to add anything.
there are two great post read them. consider them and then stop all the feeling etc you 2 been doing . i am going to say this plainly and nice as can be..

a erection has no conscience.
i know a couple who went all the way but got scared stopped.. a child was conceived a marriage took place . then a divorce

I agree with the "playing with fire."

In relationships with someone you love, it can be rough to add the self-control element, especially when you both see a future ahead, perhaps that of marriage or something and figure, "Why not now?"

One thing leads to another or so they say. I find that awfully true in romantic relationships.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I remember feeling that way about someone. (The times before, I ended up with jerks that lied to me and said they were Christian, but all they wanted was sex and I'll say that didn't last all that long in the end. They generally got frustrated and left or got abuse enough that I left them).

I remember feeling that way about my husband before we married. He had his own rules, though. Sometimes hugs were even a "no" because he didn't want to be tempted and I didn't always understanding this, but that was what he felt comfortable with. Sadly, in my immaturity, I know I pushed these boundaries quite often and that made it "playing with fire" for our situation. Eventually, I pushed it one night, I was out at a dinner with my family and he was with us and I held his hand and brushed my hand against his face and he yelled at me, "STOP!" in front of everyone and I had never felt so embarrassed, but I honestly should've been more respectful of his boundaries at that time.

Many times, I can remember going to his house and he'd excuse himself to go take a cold shower and I asked him why he did it and he said it was always because he was trying to calm down and not feel tempted to take turns and fulfill sexual desires as we weren't married. Anything to not lose virginity before marriage - that was important to him. It was important to me as well, but I didn't realize how far I'd push it sometimes. While we never had sex before we got married, there were some close calls and we stopped ourselves saying, "No, that's a bit much. That's going to lead to other things, let's not do that right now."

Do keep this in mind, too, you are both 16 years old. While this might seem right and everything right now, do keep in mind that people change over time. A person's brain continues to develop until they're about 25.

I remember at my high school, there was also a Christian couple. Both went to the same church, the guy was on fire for God. He's bring his Bible to school, which I thought was awfully brave considering it was a public (more secular) school. He wasn't afraid to whip that Bible out when it came to certain questions. He was in a few of my classes, but I didn't know his girl all that well, but I knew some of my friends were great friends with her and thought she was the sweetest person. They were waiting to graduate before they got married. These high school sweethearts seemed like they'd have a huge future ahead for both of them. People were excited for them. It got to graduation year, and they got married when they graduated. I lost contact with them after graduation, but later I did come across the guy again, but this time it was with a different wife and a child. I'm not sure what happened to him and his previous wife that was his high school sweetheart, but they were married a few years and then got divorced. It seemed so unreal to hear that because they were both so close...

I had another friend in high school that met this guy and she lost her virginity to him. She was more of a wishy-washy "Christian," but I think she had some trauma at home that she struggled with. Things seemed great at first, but after that she was addicted to having sex with other guys. She opened up to me one day that it's not because she feels she needs it all the time, but it was because she was trying to cover up the guilt from that first guy by having more and more sex, but she knew that it didn't seem to be working that way. The more sex she had; the more guilt she felt. It's a vicious cycle for people and it happens for many.

You're still teenagers, give yourself some time to grow, blossom, and figure out what careers and everything you want to do. What if one of you wants to go to a local community college and the other goes to another state far away for university? That's going to create something. Do you both know what you want for your futures? Have you talked about finances? Kids? College/career plans? Etc.?

Even the person you love most right now can be the one to hurt you the most a day, week, month, or years from now. It's good to take things slowly.

I would advise that you both control yourselves before you end up sexually involved with one another. At that point, I believe two people have a soul connection together when they have sex together and are married in their hearts.

Instead, perhaps you both can make an take a vow of purity or get a purity ring that serve as reminders to follow in order to stay virgins until marriage.

Here is an answer for you.

If our conversation is not Holy, we are not following Holiness, and it is then a different conversation.

Glad I can be here briefly for all of you people to be reminded of what we are supposed to answer, know and live by.

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The two of you are only 16 and truly do not know what love is all about yet. I believe what the both of you are in is lust at this time and yes, playing with fire that is not pleasing to the Lord. Everyone else has given you good answers with scripture and I would adhere to what God has already said and try not to make false excuses for your actions as these are just temptations Satan is placing before you. Every 16 year old is curious, but celibacy is bringing honor unto your bodies and to God.

It is a wrong answer to not give an answer worthy of Heaven, all self advise is outside of Heaven.

That is why we have the scriptures, to know how to answer, and our conversation immediately is worldly when it is not Godly, it is easy to know everybody( for me it is, as when people do not answer the way we are given the right verses, it can only be because they are not right.)

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Even if he wasn't legit, I found everyone's answers helpful. These days, it is so much harder for kids because of all the progressive pressure to fill their minds with things they wouldn't have even considered at 10 or younger. So much information is out there for consideration, even discussed by their teachers. It's so easy these days to fall into traps that Christian parents have to become more diligent in jumping in with discussions at a younger age before kids are told parents don't know what they are talking about. Prayers are also a great solution, lol

Allow me to share this POEM.

Title : The Fence or the Ambulance
By Joseph Malins

Twas a dangerous cliff, as they freely confessed,
Though to walk near its crest was so pleasant;
But over its terrible edge there had slipped
A duke, and full many a peasant;
So the people said something would have to be done,
But their projects did not all tally.
Some said, “Put a fence around the edge of the cliff;”
Some, “An ambulance down in the valley.”

But the cry for the ambulance carried the day,
For it spread through the neighboring city,
A fence may be useful or not, it is true,
But each heart became brimful of pity
For those who slipped over that dangerous cliff;
And the dwellers in highway and alley
Gave pounds or gave pence, not to put up a fence,
But an ambulance down in the valley.

Then an old sage remarked, “It’s a marvel to me
That people give far more attention
To repairing the results than to stopping the cause,
When they’d much better aim at prevention.
Let us stop at its source all this mischief,” cried he.
“Come, neighbors and friends let us rally:
If the cliff we will fence we might almost dispense
With the ambulance down in the valley.”

Better guide well the young than reclaim them when old,
For the voice of true wisdom is calling:
“To rescue the fallen is good,
but ‘tis best To prevent other people from falling.
Better close up the source of temptation and crime
Than to deliver from dungeon or galley;
Better put a strong fence ‘round the top of the cliff,
Than an ambulance down in then valley!

Allow me to share this POEM.

Title : The Fence or the Ambulance
By Joseph Malins

Twas a dangerous cliff, as they freely confessed,
Though to walk near its crest was so pleasant;
But over its terrible edge there had slipped
A duke, and full many a peasant;
So the people said something would have to be done,
But their projects did not all tally.
Some said, “Put a fence around the edge of the cliff;”
Some, “An ambulance down in the valley.”

But the cry for the ambulance carried the day,
For it spread through the neighboring city,
A fence may be useful or not, it is true,
But each heart became brimful of pity
For those who slipped over that dangerous cliff;
And the dwellers in highway and alley
Gave pounds or gave pence, not to put up a fence,
But an ambulance down in the valley.

Then an old sage remarked, “It’s a marvel to me
That people give far more attention
To repairing the results than to stopping the cause,
When they’d much better aim at prevention.
Let us stop at its source all this mischief,” cried he.
“Come, neighbors and friends let us rally:
If the cliff we will fence we might almost dispense
With the ambulance down in the valley.”

Better guide well the young than reclaim them when old,
For the voice of true wisdom is calling:
“To rescue the fallen is good,
but ‘tis best To prevent other people from falling.
Better close up the source of temptation and crime
Than to deliver from dungeon or galley;
Better put a strong fence ‘round the top of the cliff,
Than an ambulance down in then valley!

Deuteronomy 22:8

“When you build a new house, you shall make a parapet (fence) for your roof, so that you will not bring bloodguilt on your house if anyone falls from it.

That is fine for roofs but other commandments ended up in the category of "tying up burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders." Matt 23.4 That is because the new boundary - the fence - became the new commandment and needed its own fence, which needed yet another fence, etc. Given your poem, that process puts up fence after fence so that no one can even get close to the hill, let alone the cliff.

Back