Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Should Christians Judge Others?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Interesting subject. What are our rights to understand another and be critical? A lot of society runs on praise and put downs. We must conform to certain standards or interactions or face rejection. What is often not understood is in mature relationships how we handle others are indicators of the person inside, not actually that important, but of value for the discerning to grasp what matters in life and experience. Jesus talked of committing adultery, but pointed out the intention of the heart leads to adultery and distorts what is approved of and what is faked. So adultery is only adultery if you get caught, while flirting and testing out others, is perfectly acceptable.

I had a work friend who indulged in looking at strangers, women, and imagining sex with them, and said if I commented on his behaviour that was being judgemental. For me he had corrupted himself with self indulgence, and was assaulting the women in an abusive way, which dishonoured them and himself. I talked with him about desire and if a woman offered herself without conditions would I take that up. I said no, because I honoured my wife and myself. He confessed I was the first man he had met who had said that.

The lack of love and corruption of intimate relationships which are the bedrock of family and commitment, is so destructive yet money, loneliness, and desire seem for many to be stronger that knowing love and true connection.
So for me this is how I make a judgement on the situation, and warn they folk they are destroying the very foundation of what makes us loving caring people. God bless

One aspect of judging another is being able to see the guilt of another and being in a valid place to condemn them to a punishment. We are called to be like the ministry of Jesus who was empathetic and open a door for release and resolution. Judging another puts the judger above the one being judged. We are called to care, to enable, to encourage, to open a door of hope for the lost.

I have seen the fruit of a judging society, and it leads unloved lost people into hopelessness, but when children grow up in a family with encouragement and love, they prosper and become helpers for others. This does not negate the need to admit the consequences of sin and the harm it does, but unfortunately the sins of the fathers creates children who repeat the same failures they were born into.

Paul said of himself he did not judge other believers, because that is judging the law of God and standing over it. He put this in the Lords hands, but praised God that faith and Jesus was being preached even if only if a distorted and wrongly motivated way. I have been torn by a blessed preacher following Benny Hinn who preached heresy and performed faked miracles. I realise though I know of this failure, I am just here to bless and know love rises above, and the truth will always come out in the work of Jesus.

How many preachers came to London to demonstrate Gods healing hand to the lost, yet could not produce one attested work of healing. Either God cannot heal, or the boast was empty that God was in this preaching. Not surprisingly the ministry has not lasted.

God bless you

Back