Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should Divorced Christians Obey Jesus?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jacob62

"Whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery." Jesus in Matt. 5:32.

Is this true, or false? Yes? No? Have you married a divorced woman?

This issue cannot be modernized or explained away. There is no free pass, here.

"Whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery." Jesus in Matt. 5:32.

Handle 1 Cor 7:27,28

I am married to a woman who was divorced, and I also was divorced.

JLB

I was abandoned by my wife who divorced me against my will. The only reason I took part in the proceedings was to be sure I got time with my kids and that she didn't take everything from me.

My girlfriend's ex-husband cheated on her many times.

So, I will be married to a divorced woman. We are both free to remarry. Her because her spouse continually cheated on her and me because I was abandoned by my spouse and divorced.

I don't care what your interpretation of the scriptures are as there are exception clauses on top of divorce and remarriage not being the unpardonable sin.

I was abandoned by my wife who divorced me against my will. The only reason I took part in the proceedings was to be sure I got time with my kids and that she didn't take everything from me.

My girlfriend's ex-husband cheated on her many times.

So, I will be married to a divorced woman. We are both free to remarry. Her because her spouse continually cheated on her and me because I was abandoned by my spouse and divorced.

I don't care what your interpretation of the scriptures are as there are exception clauses on top of divorce and remarriage not being the unpardonable sin.

I pray your marriage is blessed, and that you both find happiness together and that your children and blessed.

JLB

I pray your marriage is blessed, and that you both find happiness together and that your children and blessed.

JLB

Thank you! This has been the best relationship I have ever been in by far. We rarely argue, we're happy, we don't snipe at each other, and our families like the the person we're dating.

We both prayed to God to find the person we should be with and a few days later, he and I met.

My kids love her and her son tolerates me, but he's an anti-social teen, so that's too be expected. He actually does like me, we just tease him about being anti-social at times.

Her and I will not be having any kids as I have been snipped and she remains on birth control to control her periods. I am also 46 and don't have the energy for an infant let alone a toddler. My youngest is six, so he keeps me plenty busy.

As for me Jesus's judgment stands firm. So if that condition came up I would ask the Lord in prayer for permission.

As did Naaman when he came to know that the Father was the only true God. (This was way before the concept of the trinity - lets not go there)

But may the Lord forgive your servant for this one thing: When my master enters the temple of Rimmon to bow down and he is leaning on my arm and I have to bow there also—when I bow down in the temple of Rimmon, may the Lord forgive your servant for this.”

“Go in peace,” Elisha said.

Thank you! This has been the best relationship I have ever been in by far. We rarely argue, we're happy, we don't snipe at each other, and our families like the the person we're dating.

We both prayed to God to find the person we should be with and a few days later, he and I met.

My kids love her and her son tolerates me, but he's an anti-social teen, so that's too be expected. He actually does like me, we just tease him about being anti-social at times.

Her and I will not be having any kids as I have been snipped and she remains on birth control to control her periods. I am also 46 and don't have the energy for an infant let alone a toddler. My youngest is six, so he keeps me plenty busy.
You prayed to God about it and He answered youm who then can judge you - nobody can.

Excellent question. God has indeed provided.

Matt. 19:9
Mark 20:11
1 Cor. 7:11 & 7:15
I don’t see how Mark 20:11 fits in.

Earlier, you wrote this.

because of unequal yoking with an unbeliever.

This statement appears to be lacking and misleading.

The structure of your writing is from a believers perspective. On its own, it infers that a believer can divorce an unbelieving spouse based on their unbelief. For clarity, would you affirm or deny this? Can you also explain why, giving biblical interpretation supporting your view?

In regard to Matthew 19:9, what constitutes sexual immorality? What constitutes adulatory? And do you view these two words analogous?

I don’t see how Mark 20:11 fits in.

Earlier, you wrote this.

because of unequal yoking with an unbeliever.

This statement appears to be lacking and misleading.

The structure of your writing is from a believers perspective. On its own, it infers that a believer can divorce an unbelieving spouse based on their unbelief. For clarity, would you affirm or deny this? Can you also explain why, giving biblical interpretation supporting your view?

In regard to Matthew 19:9, what constitutes sexual immorality? What constitutes adulatory? And do you view these two words analogous?
Thanks for catching my typo, it should read Mark 10:11.

A dictionary would serve to define adultery and sexual immorality. In fact, the Dictionary + Prayer would work well. The Holy Spirit will also assuredly convict any uncertainty about adultery and sexual immorality. Hope this helps.

I do understand how 1 Cor. 7:15 can seem perplexing at first. Reading it several times, asking for God to open one's heart and mind to His Word, will certainly help answer any questions.

It basically says a Believing wife whose unbelieving husband leaves her does not result in her being in bondage as a divorced woman. Difficulty understanding this today might be from a current mindset rejecting authority in general, and spilling over into rejecting Scripture which "seems to be uncomfortable."

Blessings.

Back