Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Simple Minded Stance

Mitch

Good morning,

I just registered here, with the intention of using this forum as a place to fellow-ship with other Christians, and discuss whatever we end up discussing. I do know that there are non-believers on this site, and so I want to open by stating this;

I totally understand what being a non-believer is like. For years, I was one. I did a lot of thinking and research into various scientific principles, world history (things that don't necessarily support the Judeo-Christian chronology), and what-not. I don't care about that anymore. Empirical evidence points to a lack of spirituality and faith having a negative effect on all of our lives and society in general. Lack of a relationship with Jesus Christ had definitely impacted my life, but fortunately my personal circumstances brought me back to Him.

What I'm trying to say is that I came here to fellowship and mature in Christ. As much as I can respect someone elses opinions and positions, I'm not interested in splitting the atom about what makes sense in Christianity and what doesn't. I make a choice to believe, based on faith, and my mind won't be changed ever again. That has nothing to do with being stubborn when I'm faced with queries I don't have an answer to, or are designed to discredit Christ. I don't have all the answers, and probably can't stand toe to toe with some of the high caliber evolutionists, humanists, and scientists of various disciplines. But I'm going to continue to believe anyway. I keep it simple. When I keep Jesus close, my life is better. When I distance him, it sucks. It's really that straight forward.

So anyway, hello. I look forward to interacting with you more.

This might be the nicest intro I've ever seen here. Very refreshing! :yes

Welcome to CFnet! I'm glad you joined! :thumbsup

(It might take up to an hour for the system to adjust and your posts to stop being moderated.)

Welcome Mitch. You'll be a good addition to this forum. I look forward to Christian E-fellowship with you. :waving

Hi Mitch, welcome! :waving
Your post reminded me of something my son said once. He is very strong in his faith, as am I, and we were discussing the bible. He got to talking about what had brought him to the Lord. He said that he got to watching people he knew, at work, play, etc. and he realized that those who believed always seemed so happy and content, they never seemed to really need anything, and they just kind of stood out to him as having a better life all around. He decided he wanted a life like that also, and so he started going to church, and has been ever since. Before he became a believer he was one rowdy country boy, and was always just a hair short of being in some kind of trouble. His life was constantly unsettled and was causing him a lot of grief, which of course he was bringing on himself by his lifestyle. To this day I tease him that he is the reason for the gray in my hair! I thank the Lord for opening my son's eyes and helping him to see the truth.

He is an elder in his church now, and is sometimes asked to give his testimony. He is as you said, a "keep it simple" kind of guy as far as straight forward with as few words or complications as possible; a laid back, easy going, quiet country boy type and it's always touching to listen to him when he talks about how he came to Christ because his words come straight from his heart, just like your post did. Thank you for sharing, and again...Welcome!

I want to add that my son knew about the Lord his whole life, and has read the bible from a very young age which he started doing on his own. I would see his light on in his bedroom after he had gone to bed and would peek in on him, and he would be sitting in bed reading his bible. So he knew about the Lord all his life, but it just took him a while to accept that he couldn't have his cake and eat it too as the old saying goes. All my talking to him just fell on deaf ears. He had to make a conscious decision to accept the Lord and give up his rowdy ways which he thought was the fun in his life and he fought it, until the Lord finally opened his eyes to the truth. And he sometimes talks about how all his old friends from those rowdy days fell out of his life one by one when he began talking to them about God, trying to help them see that their way actually wasn't the way to a good happy life. Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that he knew about the Lord, it just took him some time to come around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back