Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LABrown

SIN-Any Act oR Belief Contrary To Gods Word
Rom 6:12
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Eph 2:2-3
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Rom 7:5
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:17-18
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
1 Cor 10:12-14
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Col 3:1-2
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

xxx Sin is refered to as transgression of the law. Everything that comes out of Gods mouth is law. Whether it be the old testament law of sin and death. Or it be the new testament law of Christ. Some say sin is being outside the grace of God. We can do the right thing for the wrong reason and that is sin. We can do the wrong thing for the right reason and that is sin. But no matter how you personally want to define it. It is what will send us to hell. There are three types of sin. The kind that you dont have to repent of because if your walking in love, love will cover a multitude of sins. You need to find out what love is first.Then you have the sins that you must repent of or your not forgiven. And the third type, the unforgiveable sin blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you dont know what love is you cant walk in love. So every sin you do must be repented of. If you dont know who the Holy Spirit is you cant walk after the Spirit. Sin is not being in Gods will.

xxx Anything not done in the Word of faith is sin.

James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:4-10
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

xxx These are the evidence of sin. But the true sin is a state of mind that allowed you to commit these acts.Sin starts within even before anyone else can see them.

Adultery,
fornication,
Homosexuality,
Lust,
uncleanness,
licentiousness
lasciviousness,
Idolatry,
Intimidation
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
effeminate,
abusers of themselves with mankind,
thieves,
covetous,
revilers,
extortioners
maliciousness
full of envy
bitter conflict
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful
women with short hair
Women preachers
Men with long hair
Self-confidence
Self-respect
to love the world
or the things in the world

xxx Sin grows. It starts out as wanting, then that grows into lust or coveting. And that leads to death.

James 1-14
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

xxx A person must repent to be forgiven. If you dont repent your sin is marked down in a book you will have to answer for on judgment day.

[Mat 18:21-22
[21] Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" [22] Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

[Mat 12:34-37
[34] "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
[35] "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
[36] "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
[37] "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

[Rev 20:12
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

xxx In the old testament sin was charged on what happens outside your body. In the new testament sin is what happens inside your body to lead you to doing something outside. And whether you do it outside or not has no bearing on it is still a sin inside.What happens outside the body is only evidence of the sin that happens inside your body. And it must be repented of.

Back